Clan Stacking

Discussion in 'General' started by Thor, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Thor

Thor Member

Well o[n]e makes the situation worse by commiting genocide on certain clans and banning them off their server entirely.

2. katana9000

katana9000 Member

We need a good match between =[BSID]= and OnE.

3. Thor

Thor Member

They already stated they are a noncompetitive clan(scared)

Otherwise, I'd like to, since we can't manage to get anyone else to vs. us.

Anyways, enough trolling for me. =P

Edit: Definition of clan: a group of people who play competitively against other people using organized tactics.

So they really aren't a clan.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2006
  4. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Clans can also be referred to as a group of people who play together. They certainly don't have to compete.

The definition will vary depending on the individual's opinion... Though most dictionaries will define a clan as "a group united by a common interest or common characteristics" (Merriam-Webster) or something similar.

5. Thor

Thor Member

I went by the multiplayer online terminology, on wikipedia. I agree with you at a historical standpoint, such as norse clans.

6. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Thanks for pointing out the join-halfway-in-stackers and the "Well, BSID is playing on NF, I'm going on NF"-stackers. I forgot about those :(

I always hear all the time in servers when we play NF, people say "Wow, BSID playing NF? I thought you guys were a BE clan!" That's the true idocricy that defines the people that call us stackers. They don't play enough to see us go on both sides a lot. Personally, the whole concept of a "1-team clan" is the most pathetic idea I've ever heard of. Besides Chain-gun equipped flying wales supported by RA2 blimbs.

7. Thor

Thor Member

[​IMG]

8. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Ya rly?

o.0

9. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Cause wikipedia knows all mirite?

ONE is a clan. If they're not, what are they? A bunch of people with a common tag?

ZOOM! Thats the sound of the point of your post past my head. Ok, we recruited 10 jillion emp_recruits. But do you even see 3+ of us in a pub game? The onyl time we're totally active on Empires is during events and shit. Even i don't play Empires religiously.

Clan stack is ok if you're testing a new clan strategy for scrims, but you're just being an asshole if you consistently doing it.

BTW, I stack NF in pub games. Since no one is using ON|E's speed game config. Early zerging is a good way to win :D

10. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

your point is?

11. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Why does he bring up how many members we/BSID have?

12. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

because certain fb members and people in the community are under the impression BSID is stealing all the recruits and is trying to prevent new clans from happening

13. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

I've seen almost EVERY clan in virtually every online game I've ever played stack. I'm in a clan for AA....do we stack? Well, we try to get on one team...but if we don't...we switch people around to make it so we can be on the same team, while keeping teams even. If we start to win every round, a few of us will switch up to make it even skill wise...so people don't get killed a few times, go "I hate you" and leave.

In this game, I think I've seen the most stacking per amount of time I've played...I cannot say I've seen BSID do it, but I have seen it many times by FB. In fact, I went in their server one day, and they were sreaming at eachother to get some guys to move to the other team...and they wouldn't. I HATE it when clans go pile on one team, and don't care if the other team now lacks players, or just plain skill. Its not fun when you're on the team that's loosing because no one knows how the heck to get ammo. Not fun at all. The only real time I ever think that piling onto one team (no matter what) can be justified is when you are in compeition against another clan.

14. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

You know... ON|E is not a clan. We all know that our god and master Thor defines who is a clan and who isn't.

MrBojangles if you're talking about stacking the world is going to end soon. Very soon.

dizzyone: I don't know who gets that impression. Logically if we have 30+ members we are stealing everyone. :P

We gather people who aren't playing 10 hours a day so we need to have lots of them (like 30 to play any match).

rampa: I didn't see us stacking. Most of the time I have problems to convince some other members to help my noob team. (when it could make my team slightly better)
    If you'll see a bigger stack than 2-3 people say exactly who and when next time.

15. Thor

Thor Member

Yeah, you pretty much got it, but I referred to Wikipedia, so I guess Wiki is your god/master. =P

16. ^Dee^

wikipedia will save you.

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Why are the clans on Empires so vicious? not that it's a bad thing, I love the combat...

18. Chahk

Chahk Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Clan stacking is only the tip of the iceberg. It's the players that only join the team with clan members that are the real problem. I guess the short-term solution would be removing our tags in-game and only using them during clan matches. On BSID server we do try to keep the teams balanced, even if it means forcibly switching players around.

Now enforcing the balance is difficult to say the least. Do even numbers always mean balance? Would you switch a player from a larger team to a smaller one even if the smaller team consisted of only clan members? How about if the clan members removed their tags and changed their names? How exactly do you judge this "balance" you all speak of other than the ticket count?

19. ^Dee^

Team stacking isn't the issue. Clan stacking is.

20. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Complete bullshit. :P Team stacking is just more general than clan stacking.