Clan Stacking

Discussion in 'General' started by Thor, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Thor

Thor Member

Please actually read this thread and take it into consideration before you flame it!

Okay, so I've been around Empires since pre-1.0, like many of the people here on the empires forums. I started the BSID during 1.0 as well, and have lead it ever since. Everyone used to respect us and such and didnt mind us right up until 1.04-5. Ever since, all I hear is omg you guyz sux lol, or people complaining on how clans are gay, and then you have the other guy who says "omg clan stax!!!". Well, I'm posting this because I'm pretty much fed up with it. I've never seen so much outside hostility towards clans than this game. Maybe it's just the small community, I don't know, but it's starting to get so annoying that I don't even feel like playing empires anymore because I have to put up with so many whiners.

Clan stacking. A clan is a group of people who play competitively against other people using organized tactics.(wikipedia) Everyone knows clans love to play together. It's a good way to get better, but causes so much complaining its rediculous. Easlier today we had about 5 BSID on, 2 NF and 3 BE, and people were still crying over it. The funny thing is, if all of us didn't have a =[BSID]= next to our names, and did the same playing together, noone would even complain, it would jujst be a matter of who's team sucks more. But since we do have that nice, pretty, elongated tag next to our names, it gives people something to blame why they won/lost. People always ask, ZOMG, do you guys ever split up? Yes, you just don't ever notice we do, or ignore the fact we do to place blame on something/someone. Human nature I suppose.

Call me a whiner, or a crybaby, I don't really care. I take so much abuse being the leader of BSID i'm immune to any kind of insults. I'm just so fed up with people complaining. Yes, we do teamstack. All the time? No. It wouldn't be such a big deal, but people are doing this on OUR server. the BSID server that we run, and they just act like they have the right to say what we can and can't do. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. You don't go to your friends house and do whatever the hell you want and act like it's your own. People forget that we reserve the right to do what we want, not what the guests want. When people coplain I normally just gimp them, and they act like they didn't do anything wrong.

Okay, well I think I'm done ranting, I just wanted to get that off my chest and say how annoying people can be.

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i do find it funny that half the people who play this game are in bsid

edit: but yea i agree with you,, sometimes the clan tag attracts noobs on your team tho,,, we just need to make the auto team select not work off of tickets,, untill later in the game if they can

Last edited: Sep 10, 2006
  3. Thor

Thor Member

Considering that we only have about 15 members, no. FB has like 40 members.

4. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

thats wierd,, i usally only see bsid ppl playing,, i cant even think of anyone who is in FB other then,,, arctica

5. Thor

Thor Member

currently 41 playing empires atm, and out of those 41, four are BSID members.

6. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

It's not about BSID/you cares or not. It's about situation where part of the players is learning this game (1st time playing) and part is a well organized group that end game in 5 minutes. People start to leave because game just doesn't make any sense. Some of the leaving people are playing 1st time and last time.

To make it clear: I don't have anything against BSID or any other clan. Your clan server you can do it.

UPDATE: we have 32 members. But most of them aren't playing 10 hours a day.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2006
  7. Thor

Thor Member

-=OFFICERS=-

Captain Thor [Leader] [ACTIVE]
    Xfire: bsidthor

First Lieutenant Beerdude26 [ACTIVE]
    Xfire: beerdude26

Second Lieutanant Lion_IX [ACTIVE]
    Xfire: lionbeholder

Second Lieutenant Simon [ACTIVE]
    Xfire: simon493

-=NCO'S=-

Master Sergeant RPG [ACTIVE]
    Xfire: dzzzzyone

Sergeant First Class Headshotmaster [ACTIVE]
    Xfire: headshotmaster16

Staff Sargeant Supaste [ACTIVE]
    Xfire: supaste

Sergeant Goose [ACTIVE]
    Xfire: gooseyboy

Corporal Chahk [ACTIVE]
    Xfire: chahk

Corporal Reaper [ACTIVE]
    Xfire: reaper1122

Corporal Vlade [ACTIVE]
    Xfire: d3m0nsp4wn

Corporal Raged [ACTIVE]
    Xfire: ANGRY-RAID

Corporal MrBojangl3s [ACTIVE]
    Xfire: maniak3344

Corporal Hatemaker [INACTIVE]
    Xfire: hattemaker

-=ENLISTED SOLDIERS=-

Private First Class Stupid N00bie [ACTIVE]
    Xfire: stupidn00bie

Private First Class Rigel [ACTIVE]
    Xfire: creepyguyinblack

Private First Class eth0 [ACTIVE]

Private First Class Kazuhiro [ACTIVE]
    Xfire: Kazuhiro9000

Private Razorbud [ACTIVE]
    Xfire: razorbudface

Private Edggedg [ACTIVE]
    Xfire: hippyhair1990

Our roster for whoever wanted it. I just counted on the FB forums and cojunted 41 members.

8. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

20 vs 32. Not that big difference.

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

mootants right,, i've seen alot of people who for there first time playing get apc rushed every round by bsid members,, and they have no idea whats goin on,,(but that was along time ago when u guys were playing in O|ne all the time)

10. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Lots of spelling mistakes, might wanna correct them to make it more serious :D

And I applaud you for the valiant effort, because no doubt flaming will soon occur :/

11. Thor

Thor Member

19 o 32, you mean. =P And um yeah thats a whole another clan team for a match.

12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

im not complaining about it,, im just tryin to help you see the noobs perpesctive

edit: this mod needs more dedicated players to fill up these servers,, but if we own them so bad they dont want to play anymore thats not good

13. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

If would not count inactive it would get even lower.

14. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

It was me who wanted to see a list of people in BSID. :) I'd also like to see somekind of a roster of other clans too. Just to see who of the regular players have taken a tag. :)

And as for the stacking... Well we are back in the "experienced players stack BE most of the time" problem here. Don't try to deny it(aimed at all of you experienced ones who stack). It's one of the major problems that currently plague this mod(I consider overpowered arty and the infamous scout rifle as two other major problems). When experienced players stack on one team or another the other team is bound to have all the newbies, this results in lot of people leaving the game. I've seen more than once people shout out in frustration and leave the game for good after getting artyraped by a stacked team(most of the time BE, rarily NF) three rounds in a row. We have lost a lot of potential players due to these practices...

From the last 10 rounds I've played Empires I've played only 2 as BE, because I don't endorse stacking. I'd really like to play BE every once in a while so please next time you feel urge to stack, join the other team instead and do the thing that's best for the community. :) Thank you.

15. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I'm feeling generous so I'll leave this open for now. Least bit of flaming and it's gone.

I'll just say that clan stacking (not team stacking) is poor sportsmanship. It's even worse when you refuse to even balance the teams if it means splitting the clan up. I came close to banning BSID from the official server that night.

ps. the teams were eventually balanced... By the public players.

16. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

Even when the teams are "balanced", you're inherently going to have clansmen working together, giving that team a pretty massive advantage when you're going against pubnubs who split into groups of 2, at most. It's good to see that kind of teamwork, but it really ruins the random pub match.

17. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Actually, we make up 0.018% of all the people that have placed empires (1,033, only counting BSID server). If we lower that number to one fifth, we still only make out 10% of the entire empires community (206 people), which gives you 90% other guys to pub with :)

Check the FB server; they're something on with 14 people.

(Don't think I've got something against you grape, you just make good points :p)

Actually, we try to help newbies as much as possible. Several members have binds ready to tell them the link to www.empiresmod.info. I always type the messages out personally. We even have a direct link to that site in our server (type 'help')!

We don't really do that anymore :p We try to keep teams as balanced as possible, and I switch people over if everyone's too lazy to do it themselves.

18. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Me, on the subject, a while back, getting a little pe-d off:

19. Thor

Thor Member

Lol, so true @ the above poster. I forgot to cover that in my original post.

20. Revolver

Revolver Member

Finally someone defends clans. On|E joins NF and people start claiming we're clan stacking. When the game starts, our teams are even. When the other team starts to lose, people leave. We can only keep on top of it so well.