Call of duty: Modern warfare 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by REX, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

I've never encountered explosive spam, but maybe because I'm on the XBOX360. Seems unlikely but maybe that player base plays the game differently than PC players? Honestly, I've rarely been killed by a grenade. Not that I'm good at dodging, they're just rarely used when I've played (fairly recently). Claymores are fairly common for non DM matches though. And I've only faced a Thumper (not sure if that's the M203 or the under-slung launcher is a M203) once, while playing 3rd Person Cage Match. Under-slung is a little more common, but still rarely used. Most people seem to opt for non-explosive 'Equipment'.

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

can only speak for BC2 on that behalf, but the top xbox and ps3 players have about double the knife kills than the top pc players (was like a month ago tho). but the overall scores of the pc guys are double the ones of consoleros ... so yes, for me this inidcates a completely differnt playstyle thanks to shit controlls with joypads ;)

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

PC is about 1000x more difficult. I'd never even used a 360 and I dicked on everyone in a MW2 game on it, yet on PC I struggle.

4. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

How come PC is more difficult!?

I mean, every fucking time I hold a console controller, I end up throwing it at the owner because he's so stupid to buy one. (I have actually done that...twice)

It's just horrible! Trying to hit someone with those awful sticks...just wtf
    Feels so unprecise, like playing a game on PC with mouse lag.

/console hate

5. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

If it's too slow crank up the sensitivity and quit bitching...
    And maybe try getting used to it instead of rage quitting.
    I used to feel the same way but I got used to it by playing and accepting the fact I sucked and in time I got better with the controller.

Consoles are worth it if you're poor but want to game, as the hardware is much cheaper than a lasting gaming PC, or replacing a low end one every few years.

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Because everyone sucks on console.

7. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

the hardware might be cheaper but i still can run ANY game i ever bought on my pc, that something that got left out in that blantant "its cheaper" lie.
    i want to see you trying to play your snes cadridges on your xbox ;)

also you can reuse keyboard, mouse, printer, monitor and whatnot - another thing you need to buy over and over again, and that stuff isnt exactly cheap.

8. YouzY

YouzY Member

9. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Inb4 Console vs PC war.

10. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The PC is much better because every 5 years instead of becoming obsolete - such as what just happened to the ps2, xbox, and gamecube - you can upgrade it with more hardware, and since video games don't evolve much, the only piece of hardware that becomes obsolete is probably the graphics card, as graphics evolves quickly every have year. Whats your choice? Buying a $300-500(depending on how long it has been out) console or just changing your graphics card for $120(decent cards not next next next gen cards). Every time you buy a console you are paying for every single component in that machine, and commonly the only difference is the Ram and speed of the cpu and the graphics card.

I don't see why people care about graphics, I still play my age old games like Warcraft 3, RTCW, Wolfenstein 3d, Quake 2, Dreamcast(mostly starwars episode 1 racer and powerstone 2), Tribes 2 and CoD 3. Thats right CoD 3, not CoD 4, 4-2, and 5. The reason I play these games is because the gameplay is awesome, not because it looks good.

Example of shitty game but good Eyecandy - Red Faction: Guerrilla - so shitty the developers can't even pronounce the name right, what is this gorrilla shit, it is spelt Guerrilla, so a common english man would pronounce it gerrilla, and the proper pronunciation is ger-ree-ya. The games only breakthrough is geo mod 2.0 which I have already simulated in Source SDK, and geo mod is what made people buy this game, but you play it and find out the only fun part is wrecking crew.

11. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Better example of visually meh but amazing game: X-Com: Enemy Unknown.
    #1 in IGN's top 25 PC games of all time in 2007 ;) I <3 the game.

12. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

People haven't mentioned dwarf fortress yet?

13. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

It's ASCII. There are no graphics to insult xP

14. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

Oh dude, thats a burn dude, you just got burnt dude, burned dude, burned.

15. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

It is so awesome it doesn't need graphics.

16. Cloud

Cloud Member

Back to MW2, i just gave Spec-Ops a serious attempt and got to charlie.
    Juggernauts are amusing, i unloaded several clips of my m4a1 into and wondered why nothing happened, then i got killed. The second time i encountered that juggernaut i popped it in the head with a rifle nade launcher, and it died.
    I managed to knife the second juggernaut i encountered somehow.

17. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

If you're going to use bullets, you need sniper rifles or Desert Eagles. Don't bother with a high-caliber MG, they will win outright if it's automatic vs automatic. The Barrett is the best option, since you can take them at range easily, or use it like a shotgun up close. It hits hard enough to make them stagger, buying you time to land another shot. Explosives take a lot (on Veteran, 2 RPG's and 2 Thumper grenades seem to be the norm. I've seen them somehow walk away from a claymore activated stockpile of C4 (corridor lined with C4, claymore hidden around the corner, chain reaction, fucker walks through the blast and slaughters me and my partner), unless like you said you get a headshot. God damn EOD >.< Even with the Barrett it normally takes 4 headshots.

Edit: Wait till you get to Echo. The last 2 missions are pure Juggernaut. 10 in one mission, 15 in the other. And for one, all you get is the ever slow to reload RPG and Thumper. Yea, they hit hard, but god damn try taking 2 Juggernauts at once with the horrible reload times.

Edit 2: Oh, and knifing them is a bad idea. It pisses them off more than anything, makes them more aggressive. Not a reckless aggressive. An I'M GONNA FUCKING DESTROY YOU aggressive. And it doesn't do much damage.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  18. Terminutter

Terminutter Member

They are bastards in bomb suits... Headshots with a LMG do seem to work, but the only sure fire ways to kill them seem to be headshots with high calibre, and n00btubing them to try and make them "flinch".

19. Cloud

Cloud Member

Knives seem to make em flinch =3

20. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

Intervention fucking rapes them. Spec Ops were fun, for like few hours. I AM DISAPPOINT.

Another awesome game: X3TC.