Call of duty: Modern warfare 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by REX, Apr 10, 2010.

1. REX

REX Member

Is it just me or is this type of multiplayer just another glorified loadbar like farmville.

Yes theres skill and shit, but I dont pick the server and its just grinding for the next promotion or wierd award for staing alive or some new weapon or rank.

It seems more like addiction than fun, but I guess thats the new thing after WOW.
    To me it just has this od soulless feeling

2. Cloud

Cloud Member

I don't like the MW2 mp, the multiplayer in the first MW was way better, here ya have all sortsa twats tossing and firing even more explosives than usual, and even the noob tube is apparantly considered normal and isn't shunned.
    I don't mind the rocket launchers though, at least their inaccuracy provides some challenge rather than just wildfiring a nade launcher attachment or an m32.

3. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

MW2=broken. That is all.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I like it. Hardcore Ricochet Headquarters is really fun.

5. RKB53

RKB53 Member

mw2 has shit mp
    Its just explosions everywhere

6. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

MW2 maps are so tiny, that the rats leaving from them are hunch backed(REFERENCE REFERENCE TO OTHER VIDYA GAME).

COD 3 is arguably the best, especially that the multiplayer maps are huge on that one so there is a point in not using your knife. MW2 is like this small crammy shit, and for some gay reason everyone who owns eksbawks in my school has it, and for some reason they play eksbawks live all day at home, wtf PlayStation triple multiplayer is free, its the problem of sony for selling their console for 700 bucks so peeps went and bought xbox 360 instead.

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I had more fun in world at war with my friends. They actually fixed shitty problems like shooting noob tubes at the start of search and destroy matches killing whole teams rite at spawn.

8. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

There's always a point in using your knife. The sweet screams of anger over proximity chat on MAG as you knife them for the umpteenth time gives you nice feeling of accomplishment.

9. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

My first reaction was: "all those beautiful maps, guns and models and there is nothing more than Team Deathmatch?". But then i got into it, with all those little unlocks and the killstreak features it is fun, very shallow fun admittedly.

Matchmaking worked fine for me, i didn't miss the badmins from Empires. :P The target audience of MW2 are clearly 30 mins daily casual gamers and for those people it's a good choice. Nevertheless asking 60€ for Deathmatch de luxe is just a rip-off.

10. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

11. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

The campaign is awesome. It has some better moments than the original Modern Warfare, but I won't deny that MW had a better single player. MW2's is still awesome though. And SpecOps is a blast. Juggernauts are evil though. Fighting them almost always devolves into 'WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU DROP THE 50 CAL YOU DUMBASS' :headshot:

Personally, SP and SpecOps alone are worth the $60 ^^

12. Cloud

Cloud Member

Aye, the new SP is epic, just not much for running around in a shanty town-ish place with hostiles poppin up every damned where

13. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I preferred the setting of cod4 but I hated that every weapon which had anything other than a reflex sight or ironsight was useless. The ACOG and holographic (yes, it had them for 1 mission) sights took up your entire fucking screen, such a pain in the ass. It partially ruined it for me. But overall, the whole middle of nowhere russia setting was way nicer.

14. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Only the story was absolutely retarded. But the game had so many shiny effects and stuff that I hardly noticed the story.

15. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

I loved the end of 'No Russian'.

The finale was kinda lame. I can't really remember it.

I loved the missions in the Russian North ^^

Especially the Oil Rig :D

And the airbase mission in SpecOps on veteran was sex ^^

I'm gonna have to start grabbing the Barrett before my uncle in the Juggernaut mission on the oil rig in SpecOps, he's useless with it <_<

DEAR GOD STOP RAPING ME YOU EOD FASCIST BASTARDS D:

16. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

If you look at things from a certain perspective everything can be considered grinding, some just do it faster then others, not that faster is nesscuarily better in all cases.

17. Aeoneth

Aeoneth Member

thats what she said?

18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Play Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Its like splinter cell, but instead of breaking peoples throats, you are jumping around and killing everyone you see with the loudest gun you have like Rambo and destroy things like chairs and Nazi propaganda. If I end up beating it I am going to buy the newer one if it has a good meta score.

19. Terminutter

Terminutter Member

Return to Castle Wolfenstein was great.

MW2 has an explosive spam MP, which (IMO) is a load of shit... it's just grinding to next rank / prestige / embolem / title / camoflague e.t.c

The SP was great, (as has been said) but I counted at least 8 close up pistol to the chest / face within 5 metres in the "cutscene" bits. It was probably the only way that NPCs kill people in the "cutscene" bits, other than the oil rig.

20. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

OOookay....not buying MW2 then...don't need explsives....MW already had too much of the 203.