Bio is in... Why?

Discussion in 'General' started by recon, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

DU was slowed a lot most hits will count. Also most dmg from bio mg is mostly done via normal dmg the degenerative effects while there aren't a huge part of the DPS. However you do suffer some losses with the marginal damage done by the second apc.

Also, next person that tries to justify the usefulness/viability/whatever with something along the lines of:

Well this game I just played we did x and won. Or We did x and lost.

is a ________.

Its like taking a suRvEy but limiting your sample size To one. One time I won a gAme Researching paper nukes heavies. What were the chances of me winning? Well quite high actually because it was megastax. However, chances are if you research that in a normal game you will get your shit stompeD. The question is what is the probability of winning given x. Not CAN you win given x.

Moreover, winning by rushing the comm is a whole nother ball game and doesn't really show much at all in terms of research effectiveness.

Correllation != causation

You won because you organized a rush against the commander.(I guess what post this is directed at) The fact you had bio mg doesn't matter. You could have used LTs DUAPCS, shit even a paper apc if you are good. You can't infer from this that it is a viable research path. There are a bunch of factors that contributed to your win, incompetence of enemy commander and team ext. If you were to come up with a statistic that showed on average BIOMG killed the commander faster/better than something with a comparable research time and cost you might have a point.

That being said, I'm going to go get drunk.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  2. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

If you cannot stand Bio Diesel, you are using it wrong. To effectively use a BD engine you must manage your heat levels. It more than makes up with this though because it will not stall on you, and is actually not slow. It is an engine of average speed. The problem with BD is that to see the benefits of it, you need to be in the advanced ranks of Empires. The average player will suck with it because it is quite different from the other engines.\

Same goes with regen. In the right hands, it is indeed godly. To effectively use it you need manoeuvre constantly and present different sides of your vehicle. It pays in dividends when your enemy can't kill you because, due to proper manoeuvring, your armour is repairing itself faster than they can hit it.

3. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

No. Also, invest in spell check. Bio diesel is the biggest piece of shit ever no matter how skilled you are. Also it is the easiest engine to play with because you don't need to pay attention to your heat level also. Also it is fucking slow. Very slow. Standard engine slow. The average player will suck with it because its a piece of shit engine. That being said it is probably the best research combination for pubs. Also, I'm wasted and eating these olives and they are awesome and steak and cold cut turkey and peperettes my life is complete.

4. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Regen sucks if the enemy has a weapon better than standart.
    Ever fighted against an he med, with a driver that can aim.
    Your regen tank dies in seconds.

5. recon

recon SM Support Dev

DU and Reflective takes the same amount of time and costs 300 resources less than Bio MG and Regen.

So why research the bio option? An APC with 3 plates of Regen on each side is really hard to kill. And if you put a skilled driver in it, almost impossible.

If all the APCs died and had the enemy CV almost dead, we'd have a good chance that the enemy CV would die from the bio effects afterwords.

6. Deiform

Deiform Member

This is ridiculous, you can't say "If the APC had a skilled driver in it regen is awesome". You can put any other armor in it and say the same sentence.

The only thing I don't really like is absorbant because I can't stand up against turrets for long and that's my playstyle and the abs playstyle I'm not really a fan of, but apart from that each armor has its advantages and disadvantages which you should play to.

So when you say an armor and engine combination is crap - it's not, just you don't like the playstyle of it because it doesn't match your favourite. So you like to fire constantly with all your cannons? Biodiesel isn't for you, but if you take biodiesel on an APC rush I bet you're glad you have it when that scout sticky stuns you.

etc, etc.

7. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

My only complain about abs is the insanely long research time otherwise that would probably be my goto research for BE. Low cost, low weight, good modifiers and a health per weight only slightly lower than regen. That being said you'll get your shit ruined by any sort of MG.

8. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

Regen armor is amazing counters agants the MG spam that seems popular in Empires.
    Railspam, less so.
    However regen armor is also one of the cheapest armor around.
    I know it is not the best armor stats wise, but it is so cheap it doesn't matter.

Bio engine, well it is a fast and cheap research. I can always get something better.

9. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

I think people are forgetting the fact that you have to fight differently in a tank with regen. Rushing right up to an enemy will get you killed, duh. You have to circle around and let damaged sides of your armor repair while the best side is facing the enemy.

10. o_O

o_O Member

Regen and biodeisel are forgiving for new players and allows people to tank as a grenadier for the armor skills and defusal. Its also 19 cheaper then reactive and 8 cheaper then reflective for an armor plate thats only a little worse then either.

Biodeisel sucks hard, but you should pick up a better engine eventually anyway, and the low research times help with that anyway.

11. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

yeah, if you're dumb enough to try to stay with biodiesel... yeah