Bio is in... Why?

Discussion in 'General' started by recon, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Notorious

Notorious Member

if anyone has put this person in their place before, link me the thread please, cause he really needs a reminder

you talk about empires as if you have watched it played, but never played it yourself, Drag, im suprised your a senior member, you must have a lot of really stupid posts on this website

running keeps your tank alive, which saves your team res, and if your team is playing as a team, then theres other tanks to hold the line while you repair or get more ammo,

ive seen rushs that didnt kill anything, and ive seen 'circle jerks' that havent killed anything, and ive seen the complete opposite, rushs that annihilated a whole team ending the game, and 'circle jerks' that completely annihilate both teams and leave a no man's land. 3phase is only good in a lone rush for killing one target with spam before overheating and leaving you a sitting duck, unless your experienced with 3phase, in which case, you need to spread out your shots to not overheat, which gives whoever you're rushing against more time to defend, and most of those '3phase rushs' are only 100% successful if the comm doesnt move, or there is absolutely no one or nothing defnding the comm in a wide open space.

with bio diesel, you may not outrun the comm, but you can drive uphill faster then he can, which is where the patient(smart) players catch up to any comm trying to make a run for it, and besides, if a comm is in a position where he has to run, his team is going to lose anyways(most of the time), probably due to swarms of tanks chasing him, or the fact that he doesnt have any bases, money, or teammates left to use.

if you wanted to base a game using statistics of people who run with their tanks, and keep them alive, and apply that to experienced players doing that, and staying alive through consistent run tactics, theyre saving resources, which give teams more tanks, if they need them, and more res for for versatile research, it also saves on tickets, to try to stay alive.

the only example of suicide rushing with a vehicle, which you are describing, is to take out a priority target, in the definite goal and success of actually killing the priority target your after, by sacrificing your own life. most of the time this is rare, with more frequent attempts from nubs, who have delusions of granduer, or mediocre players, who are bored, and want to try something spectacular.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  2. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Please for the love of god capitalize the beginning of your sentences.

also , != .

3. Notorious

Notorious Member

Lol, I used to, but I'm stressed from studying, my bad?
    I've been cutting some corners lately to make it faster to get thoughts out through the keyboard faster, or I'll get confused in the jumble and go crazy.

4. sergeant mkoll

sergeant mkoll Member

Drag is correct Biology sucks, he is awsome there sorted.

Oh btw your point whoring of running away all the time will not work if you get rushed, now stop playing emp_slaughtered and play a decent map.

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Sadly, that doesn't happen very often. Unfortunately for you he tends to be right most of the time, which means you've decided to cuss someone who will probably pwn you. If he can be bothered.

Try to make sure you're not going overboard just because you don't like his tone. Bio is quick, which is the main thing it has going for it. The tanks handle badly and the armour can be easily pwned. The armour is better for individual tanks and strategic play rather than in-the-thick-of-it battle. I've found regen to protect startlingly little sometimes, and thanks to the HE/rails post now I know why.

I will keep getting it from time to time though, because it's obvious that it's easy to use and better than standard.

6. sergeant mkoll

sergeant mkoll Member

Bio is quick, thats its only good point
    Bio diesal is as slow as coolant, has the worse cooling of the engines and generally is rubbish...
    Regen is made obselete after the first 10 minutes of the game, thanks to decent weapons, and is only good for hit and run providing 1 half decent person doesn't have a tank on the other team.

If someone on the other team gets a decent non-biology tank well then you're gonna get hunted down and killed

7. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

If you run around while the other team follows, and then they forget about their objectives, you just opened yourself up a hole to slide in(and yes, I mean your mother OH SNAP)

bio-diesel is tricky for chasing the commander, you gotta be alert and anticipate their moves, that's where many people FAIL HARD AND WHY THEY SUCK.

I, however, am able to do it.

Maybe you aren't looking to kill anything? Look at opie, he'll drive like an asian woman around the enemy base in his command vehicle, and while they forget to build he drops his stuff and his team jives.(there will be the occasional pancake, but that's only a sympton of Opie fever)

The lack of common sense in this community is frightening.

8. Notorious

Notorious Member

If I was worried about getting 'pwned' by someone that posts like they haven't played the game in a couple months(if at all) and makes comments that don't appreciate the full view of a thread, whether it goes off-topic or not,(basically they only read a couple posts and decide to comment),

Then I would never post at all, seeing as how I would be paranoid about ignorant people posting ignorant comments regarding me.

But to point you guys in the right direction, this thread is only ever covering the first 5 minutes of research maybe, which just happens to be the bio tree with regen and bio diesel currently,

The gameplay used by everyone who ever played this game evolves the newer styles of gameplay required to play it.

In the first 5 minutes, regen and b.d., getting better than standard tanks that dont stall out because of their overheated-ness, but keep moving, for dodging and running,(less than 5 minutes even)

Next choice,(or first), DU APC's with reflective, nuclear fission one branch away with nukes easily accessible for the future, armor and engine transferable to other vehicles obviously

Another Next Choice,(or another first), rush electrical for reactive and three phase engine, which is right next to rails,(old school style baby), this is great for Brenodi obviously, as they have the rail tanks.

Another Next Choice,(or another first), actually rush mechanical and get composite and gas turbine, right next to each other, than get a better chassis, which might lower the other teams morale, seeing mediums or heavies early(but depending on server tweaked research time, composite takes three minutes, which makes it just as fast as any other research plan)

Another Next Choice,(or another first), actually rush Chemistry, and get absorbant, light weight, and adv coolant, great engine for spamming, and have access to upgraded missiles and high explosive, once you get a better chassis, only problem with this is tweaked server research times again. making the sub-research to get absorbant and adv coolant absurdly too long

Another Next Choice(or another first), Rush turrets,...then do whatever,

Another Next Choice(or another first), make your team run around in std armor/std engine for the better part of 8-9 minutes and get Nuke Heavies(money map strategy kthx)(cause the base is walled off)

Current research strategy that adds a versatility to the game which gives your team an edge over a one minded research plan:....

-Go Biology, Regenerative armor first, Bio Diesel next, all of three and a half minutes of research.
    -Go Chemistry, Improved Detonation Compounds, Explosive Shells
    -Go Mechanical Engineering, Upgraded Chassis, Medium Tanks

From there you read into the battle whether the enemy is getting something decisive,(rails,nukes,heavies,etc) and begin counter research,
    -Get Adv. Coolant and UMLs for mediums, to give them double weapon power and more spamming capability,
    -if YOU are NF, and you're reading rails research from Brenodi, Get Absorbant armor as well,
    -If the other team isn't really advancing any noticable research, they're probably saving up res(if they aren't spamming tanks), and getting nukes, if they get nukes, you already have regen and bio diesel, which is apparently the best armor and engine against nukes at the moment. (Hint: DU APC rushing is usually a pre-cursor to nukes, cause I mean, its right freakin' there next to nuke research)
    -The only thing other than researching UMLs and Absorbant, to counter Rail Guns, is to hope that your drivers are good, because if not, rails will win more than half the time, especially if the other teams drivers are good

-Another thing to remember, is to check the other team for a compitent commander, and simply expect them to vote for him, then pay attention to player kills to see if hes on the front lines or not
    -If there are no compitent commanders that you know of, go for a research plan thats quick and sure-fire, until the other teams comm has been tested to the point of knowing what to expect from them.
    -Another thing, look for players that will sit in Spectator so they won't be commander, remind yourself if any of those players know how to rush commanders, and prepare your defences accordingly(ahem, Voodoo)
    -Turret farming the Comm vehicle with maybe half a dozen turrets and some surveillance some be default within the first 5 minutes as you get your quick research.
    -Initial Commander responsibilities include rushing a barracks to a forward location on more than one map (Slaughtered, Crossroads, Cyclopean, Canyon, Valley, StreetsofFire, Arid, etc)
    -While researching, buildings can be dropped, targets given, move orders given to less experienced players, (simply watch over your team), etc
    -One problem with comm rushs being successful is that more green commanders skip over providing defence for themselves and go straight from initial responsibilities to watching the game unfold, leaving them sitting ducks.
    -Some of the mediocre comms actually evade rushs, but forget to research, because they're so busy trying not to die

Now, I've gotten my research point across, flame away.

9. Drag

Drag Member

I agree, I don't see why notorious buries his valid arguments under a wall of text and pseudo arguments aiming to subvert the credibility of a writer, who does not share his opinion.

@HSM: I agree that running into/through enemy lines or bases, stirring up the hornets is a good short term tactic. But I don't see why bio is needed for that. The short term wait for a faster engine is worth it in my opinion. Or just import opie and let him do it ^^

Chasing a commander with bio has the downside of practically no heat dis. while on the move. And even if you magically manage to stop the enemy commander it takes you long to kill him. 1 or 2 3phase/coolant tanks do a alot better. Commanders are just afraid to wait a bit longer for better things.

So they research bio, see their team fails with it, then go directly for nukes/rails/heavies. Results in many failed games.

@not: your research paths are valid. But often enough teams get disrupted in their researches. Having bio first might mean you are stuck with it for a long time. Not worth it.

10. sergeant mkoll

sergeant mkoll Member

Someone needs to get back to studying.

11. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

U All Suxor I Roxor Lol Boxor!!!

12. Notorious

Notorious Member

There is definitely a extremely high possibility of losing if your stuck with regen/bioD, no argument,

Thats why I try to advise, and take advise, usually from Supreme Noob, on restricting the vehicle factory at my leisure to adv our teams tech.

And I suppose your view is more front lines oriented, which I've experienced, but, unfortunately, I've come to a point where I am required to think medium-term and long-term possibilities that will benefit the team,(which sometimes means admitting defeat/turtling and attempting a covert comm nine-mine)

since I've been constantly voted commander whenever I log on, and my presence is announced =(

13. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Regen is the best armor in the game.

14. Empty

Empty Member

You should never stop researching, ever.
    Once the radar gets up, you keep that timer counting down 100% of the time, not at your leisure. Because the other comm is doing the same, and the moment you fall behind.

BAM HE heavies in your base when you only have regen lights.

15. Deiform

Deiform Member

Why running is battle smart - because you don't waste res and tickets perhaps?

Regen is cheap. If it was awesome then it would be expensive. If you can't trust your team to fortify res nodes then you are forced to take abs or regen. Saying regen is crap is kinda obvious, because it is. But it's light and cheap, which is why people use it.

People love zerg rushes.

Shall I keep repeating what regen is or have we all got it?

16. recon

recon SM Support Dev

I just won a game with Bio APCs (Bio Diesel, Regen, Bio MG). 3 APC rush. Dead NF CV. Win.

17. communism

communism poof

But then you hafta understand 3 DU apc's or HE MG apc's would have taken it down 3x faster...if your team is organized enough for a rush like that and their team is lost and cant counter a rush seen earlier then you deserve it.

3 bio mg's hitting a cv = 1 bio mg hitting a cv
    Compared to
    3 DU apc's hitting a cv = 3 damn DU apc's hitting a cv

18. Demented

Demented Member

Well, not quite. The DoT damage from the BMG is minimal compared to the damage of the BMG's bullet. The DoT doesn't stack, but the bullets definitely do.

Also, the HEMG sucks in damage, even compared to the BMG, and spends the most time reloading.

19. communism

communism poof

HEMG > DU

If I remember correctly alot of DU bullets don't register

20. Notorious

Notorious Member

At distance of like 10 feet plus, a lot of DU doesnt register, cause its hit window is bigger than the map
    But if even ONE DU APC gets up into your side when your comm, and fires point blank, that shit really hurts and can kill you fast
    The balance of HEMG, is that even if you miss, you're going to damage something, as long as its within the damage radius.
    Since Bio MG hurts infantry and vehicles over time, and DU punchs through vehicles pretty well and can technically kill infantry with lots of hits if you're close enough , at least HEMG can hurt buildings