Beta Map VIDEOS!

Discussion in 'General' started by MrBojangl3s, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Grizzly

Grizzly BEAR SIZED DOORS

I apriciate the critisism, really, and i understand what you mean :)

The map won't be relesed before it's gameplay have been tested and modified into beeing the most fun to play, offcourse :)

2. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

sewers would be cool if they were a faster way to travel so that you coul run out ahead of the tanks, set some mines and ML's and ambush them. then controll of the sewers would be vital for both the attackers and defenders.

3. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Is there anyway that the sewers could be more... directly under the map.

like the sewers in Malitia, where you can enter and exit at several points along it, it would make it more key to the map and less a by-route.

4. Onea

Onea Member

Sewers

mr_quackums has a good point. If travelling through the sewers was much faster than above ground, they would actually be useful. However, the map currently looks pretty linear and straightforward. If anything, taking the sewers would take longer than walking on a straight road. If the roads were all twisty and double backed, the sewers would be much quicker. Would having twisty roads be fun though? Driving a tank along a really long and twisty road just to get to the enemy would be pretty boring.

5. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I agree that the sewers should be direct and closer to the roads. The underground path being far away from the rest of the main path was one of my concerns when I first saw the map.

6. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

Are at least some of the buildings' interiors and/or roofs accessable? I can pretty much see the team with better tank drivers owning the bridge + streets and artying the other team. Now if a grenadier or two could climb a laddar and get ontop of the roof to shoot at the arty whores, the drastic effects of arty could be lessened. 'Cause big open spaces typically spell out arty whoring. But almost EVERY game grenadiers have some sort of route to get behind the arty, up above it to the side, or generally in one of the arty's blind spots, the grenadiers can wipe them out. Unless they have 2-3 riflemen defending the arty, which takes away from their manpower.

7. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Yes Destroyer, some of the roofs of smaller buildings are accessible. As for rooms, virtually every building has a ground-level room you can get in and take cover.
    It's really not that hard to attack people who have the bridge, with so many places to hide and the sewers entrances :D

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Could you put some movables in the buildings, like chairs and tables?

9. Goose

Goose Member

What would be a cool feature is for the bridges to be blownup. This I could see being a cool little feature so a grenadier could lay a huge mine trap to a weakened bridge an have a whole tank convoy be destoryed with the drop of a mine.

10. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

Unless you could rebuild them, the bridges would only be used once. Invulnerable bridges ftw.

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

rebuildable, sure :)

Cinematic physics FTW.

12. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

No to the props inside the buildings, that many objects = goodbye server.

YES to the explodable bridge! I love doing guerilla tactics like that, thats why I'm always Special Forces in BF2 :D