Battlefield 3 Released - Post here if you bought it (for PC)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trickster, Oct 29, 2011.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

dont spray only use single shot ;)
    even if you click-click-click those guns suddenly are super accurate (execpt for bullet drop but thats something you get used to fast) almost independent on their upgrades ...

2. Empty

Empty Member

You keep telling yourself that, I'll just mow you down with my greater DPS because I'm firing full auto and landing all my shots even at huge range with my suppressor.

3. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

You're one of the M249 with suppressor, bipod and night vision scope users? I hate those guys.

4. Empty

Empty Member

My loadout is:

Assault:
    AEK-971
    Suppressor
    3.4x Scope
    Foregrip
    44. Magnum

Engineer:
    M4A1
    Foregrip
    4x Scope
    44. Magnum

Recon:
    M40 with 12x scope and no attachments (when sniping)
    OR
    MP7 with mag extension (when close quarters/MAVing)
    G18

Support:
    M249
    Foregrip
    Extended Mag
    4x Scope
    44. Magnum

5. flasche

you know that you can switch fire modes depending on situation. for anything other then close distance single shot is way more efficient. when you spray you maybe hit 2 bullets if you aim low, then youll have to readjust.
    with semi-auto your reticle stays on target with each shot. you also waste a lot less ammo and have to reload less frequent which can help against multiple hostiles ...

what i find a bit odd is that you can have the 6x rifle scope on shotguns - well generally the scope attachments on shotties are a bit strange. i think DICE overmodernwarfared this aspect - are there bipods for them too?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

What's with all the shitty scopes? There's no point in a distance scope on anything except a Sniper Rifle. Just use the US holo, it beats all.

7. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Assault:
    M416 with suppressor and foregrip
    3.4x, US Holo or no scope
    M9 suppressed

Engineer:
    AKS-74u with laser sight
    No scope
    M9 suppressed

Recon:
    M98B with straight pull bolt
    8x US scope for short distance / 12x for longer and more open maps
    M9 suppressed

Support:
    Type 88 LMG with foregrip
    3.4x or no scope
    M9 suppressed

herpdaur

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

While I agree with trickster on the Holo scope being the best I also really like the 3.4x on certain rifles. Specially AK type rifles, it fits well.

edit: man I seen a shady tactic used the other day. Scout helis with 2 ppl inside repairing it. I did enough damage to kill it 10 times over and as it was on fire going down it crashed into my heli and killed me.. Seriously we had like 5 guys shooting stingers at it and nothing could kill it. He stopped using flares at one point cause he didnt need too, they were getting hella repair points and he was basically invincible.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  9. flasche

that worked since bf:nam, it really could need a fix though. its also possible to repair a tank faster then another one can kill it ...

10. Trickster

Yeah, the Huey is even worse Dubee, it has so much HP that if it's getting repaired, the only real way to take it down is with one of the AA vehicles or from another helicopter. The jets or any ground to air missiles from infantry just can't deal enough DPS. Teamwork bro.

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

It just pissed me off that hes crashing into ppl to kill them then flying off. But I was doing something like that last night, my buddy got the 3rd seat lazer designator in the tank and we went around all night killing jets, helis tanks and people. It was a 3 man squad with some javelins and repair tools and whole lot of kills. One was a gunner shooting any stragglers with rpgs and c4 and then the driver had the guided shells for everything being designated by the 3rd seat. Then we would hop out and shoot 2 javelins lol it was rape

We got MVP's and ace squad the entire night. The lazer dude was 0-3 and got MVP 2 lol

12. Trickster

My biggest gripe is that the pilots of helicopters don't get enough points for passenger kills, and I'm talking about Transport and Attack helicopter pilots. I can fly around letting my gunners rack up 40 kills, but even if they're in my squad this only gets me like 800 points, and 400 if they're not. It's just poor. It should be triple that, if not more.

13. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Yes, I agree. Most of the skill is in the pilot setting up the kill and staying out of harms way. I remember thinking that when I was raping as a chopper gunner getting MVP while my pilot was near the bottom of the score board. I was like apologizing to him because I felt like he was doing all this work and only I was getting the rewards.

It is fun to fly them but it would be nice to get points too.

14. Trickster

I can't begin to describe the joy I get from flying the helicopters, and it just sucks to not get any points for it.

15. Empty

Empty Member

3.4x/4x scopes are perfect for medium range weapons. At close range you're just spraying anyway.

I only use 8x on snipers.

Honestly I'd rather go ironsights than the holo scope. Same magnification, sights come up slightly quicker.

16. Trickster

Nah, US holo is good for ranging imo. RU holo is a waste of space though.

17. flasche

as long as you dont put an acog on shotties all is fine ...

18. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

19. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

hahaha... that is great.

20. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi