Battlefield 2 'The pwned life'

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PHASER8, Jun 13, 2006.

1. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I like the sniper fix. Before, hitting a stationary target's centre mass was a matter of chance :P

Should just be glad they never made the M95 a one shot kill like they tried in a patch beta :P

2. PHASER8

PHASER8 Member

Well before the patches when a sniper hit me with a bullet I was able to snipe him back with my spec ops upgrade gun WITHOUT a zoom scope and I could kill him!

3. Jn.

Jn. Member

LOL my CS buddies had a scrim against a christian clan once, so they all changed their names to things like satanlvr and devil=tehpwn :) I think they all got banned. I believe they're cal-m or something now and thats pretty good, and the christian clan is nothing. Just goes to show that religion doesn't do shit for videogames.

4. Nato

Nato Member

I do not have an issues with the sniper kits being powerfull it is the amount of them that can spam a server... Having a team that is mostly armed with sniper rifles on a infantry battle map can be rather annoying. If there was a way to limit the amount of people with certian kits it would work out much better... But meh whatever.

5. Jn.

Jn. Member

I havent been sniper yet. Spec ops FTW!!!!! OH yeah, when do i get better weapons?

6. ^Dee^

You have to play on ranked servers and gain rank.

http://bf2s.com/ for your stats and what you need to do for rewards and stuff :)

Oh, and they aren't really much better. Just alternatives :)

7. Jn.

Jn. Member

Oh ok :D Well the alternatives look pretty tight, though I wish each army had different upgrades. I only play ranked servers, and I'm almost a PFC!!!!..........................I'm like a millimeter away.

8. ^Dee^

Unlocks start at lance corporal :)

9. Jn.

Jn. Member

Lance corporal WTF. I think that will take me months even though I play nonstop :(

10. ^Dee^

Takes most people an hour or so to get lance corporal =/

Are you sure you play only ranked servers cause your name doesn't even show up on the boards.

11. Jn.

Jn. Member

Yeah I only play ranked. I just played for about an hour and got to PFC and half way to Lance Corporal :D I got better and it's a lot more fun now. I got a teamscore of about 65, that's a big improvement from about 10 :) Are you sure you cant find my name? I looked myself up on the site you gave me. My name's Aetna.

12. ^Dee^

ahh, I can see it now :D

Well, from your stats, it seems your accuracy is really hurting you. Do you use iron sights when firing? They give an accuracy boost when you do.

Also, try and get use to going prone or crouching when in combat as they also help greatly.

13. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Last time I logged on I got promoted twice. Didnt play for 6 months.

14. Jn.

Jn. Member

Yeah I always crouch/prone when shooting, unless they're right next to me. I always use ironsights/scope too, except when the enemy's real close. I think my accuracy sucks because when I'm in the gunner seat of vehicles, I just shoot nonstop :D Same thing with guns. When I run around I just shoot at stuff :P

15. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

I stopped playing, I agree in the fact that the BF2 community is completely retarded. Theres always one man that can ruin the entire game right? Well in BF2 it seems to be always 20 diffrent people. BF2'ers dont seem to have as much skill as CS players (I play to keep sharp ^,^), and nowhere near as quake players. If you want another gold medal, grab the pkm mg and single fire at the front line from long range. They go down in two or three hits. I'm seriously appalled at the vehicle combat. Its not fun, AT ALL. I found an infantry mod but any mod will never have any servers with people on it. EA screwed BF2 vanilla users by introducing Special Forces, if you dont have it you still have to fight against amazingly overpowerd medic and sniper weapons.

I do have one thing thats postive to say. I think they "might've" refocused on fun gameplay instead of prettier graphics. Battlefield 2142 is pretty, but its BF2 pretty, not exactly nextgen. All they did so I've heard is update particles. Gameplay I am wacthing, they have loads of weapons, and the classes are alot more intresting than its predacessor.

Screw BF2, wait for 2142.

16. ^Dee^

Funny you should say that. Was just thinking how games these days are requiring less and less skill to play.

Oh, and the L96A1 is just an M24 with a different skin and sound and the G36E has just a slightly less deviation than the m16a2

17. Nato

Nato Member

The l96 does terrible dmg... you are much better off going with the g36, it at least drops people when you shoot at them. But hell if you are really feeling like killing people you go c4 fishing on karkand or get good at claymore whoring.

18. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I tried the game a couple of months ago. i was really into it for about 4 days, then i realised how boring it was. I don't think I'll ever play again, i guess it just wasn't for me

19. ^Dee^

the L96 does 90 damage in one shot...

Claymore whoring isn't hard. Just plant them at commonly used corners and watch your scores skyrocket >.>

20. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

I play BF2, not very good.:D I play as HungryGuy, and am a PFC, I almost always play as medic, and consitantly get best medic:cool: because I do my damned job. The pwned life had me in stitches. Any advice would be welcome, I realy want more guns.

Edit corrected grammer