Battlefield 2 'The pwned life'

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PHASER8, Jun 13, 2006.

1. PHASER8

PHASER8 Member

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5733044300866646599&q

Thought some of you guys would find this funny, especially those of who hate those friggin snipers.

The movie takes an insight to all characters of BF2 from commander to engineer, with my favorite two being Spec ops and Support.

"Its like hey whats up guys..lets have a party! WHEE!'

"This guy was fucking hopeless...that bitch just had to go"

Just watch all of the movie, its hillarious.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2006
  2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I like it.

Better than mine :)

3. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

That was hilarious. Why haven't I played this game yet?

4. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

That was great, the rocket guy was really good with the voice.

5. PHASER8

PHASER8 Member

Apparently only one guy did all the voices...
    BRILLIANT!

6. ^Dee^

The deluxe edition is £30 which includes BF2 and the Special Forces expansion.

Prolly best bang for buck as both Regular BF2 and SF on their own are £20 each.

7. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

My roommate bought this game last year and since he only had a crappy laptop he had to put it on my computer. Its a pretty good game. There is almost no lag and there are tons of vehicles, helicopters, boats, and jets. But I still like Empires better.

8. PHASER8

PHASER8 Member

It was good, not anymore.
    With the patches they've applied the game is just so unrealistic, especially the loading times on reloading a damn gun o,O.
    The aviation department is fucked as well when Dice decided to try and make Helicopters easier to fly, now its just completely toasted ( I hate it when devs try to make things too simple ).
    IMO BF2 was good but is no longer worth the effort between the crashes, horrible bullet damage on some of the guns and piss poor vehicle physics...I could list more but for sake of everyones mentality and my own I wont :P

9. ^Dee^

loading has gotten a lot better since the first version and I have never had any problems with reload.

The helicopters are harder to fly than BFV. Sinve the first versions of BF2, their armour has been reduced significantly and pilot ammo has been more than halved in a single salvo.

This isn't to mention that AA has gone through quite a bit of improvement.

bullet damage is no sillier than any other game (SMGs being just a tad silly) and compared to empires, vehicle physics are a dream.

Crashes are a pain in the arse though. The latest patch really screwed up in that department :<

10. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

Well this thread has convinced me to buy BF2

11. Tarantio

Tarantio Member

Buy it for the novelty of putting those explosives on the planes :P and jeeps..

12. Grizzly

Grizzly BEAR SIZED DOORS

The bf2 comunity is retarded.
    Competly and utterly retarded

It's so mutch not fun to play it online at the moment, there are a few mods out, only one or two worth trying online (allthough FH and POE2 is incoming, so that might change)

Allthough, to get back on topic... <3 :D
    hilarius ^^

13. ^Dee^

Yea, If you do get BF2. I would implore you to stay away from ranked, clan servers if possible. I have yet to see a single clan that didn't abuse their admin powers in BF2 since I started playing over a year ago.

14. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

I'm nearly on the same boat. Tempting indeed.

But not that tempting.

15. Jn.

Jn. Member

I just got it yesterday. I must say it's very addicting, and once i get a new computer, it will be even more addicing :D I haven't heard anyone use their mic yet though, and I haven't seen any abused admin powers. The only bad thing, though, is that I'm really bad at that game and I want new weapons, but since I can barely get kills, I have a long way to go :(

16. ^Dee^

mic only works in squads and to/from commander.

Though not many people use it anyway =P

What's your name on it? =)

17. Jn.

Jn. Member

My name is Aetna(Jn. was taken so I used my insurance company :D)

18. PHASER8

PHASER8 Member

Be careful of the religious servers if you dont want to have to deal with a ton of laws regulating what is 'ethical warfare'. I've run into many christian servers which say suiciding is 'against the rules', along with running people over or laughing at them when you kill them. But if you wanna have a good time go join one and have a blast...those christians can argue without banning forever!
    ( I've argued god, gay's, ethical warfare and how religions are like cults but with more members )

19. ^Dee^

:) Remember to check the ranked server filter if you want to gain rank (and new weapons)

and yea, christian servers are teh sucky sucks

20. Nato

Nato Member

I used to play bf2 in leauges en whatnot in a clan.... and all i have to say is that EA is good at making a game change into a new beast almost every patch. The biggest problem the game faces is the realism vs gameplay problem... I personally loved it when snipers were not all that great and it took someone who was willing to sit down and learn the guns to use them right rather than the fix that ea pumped out which made them into uber accurate laser beams so that every public server turns into snipe fests almost all the time...

Also if you are just starting out and want to go on a good ego trip just find a karkand server and try to get a tank rampage going, you can normally manage to pull off killing a good 30ish tickets or so if you can manage to repair your tank without someone stealing it.