Badmin Badmin what you gonna do...

Discussion in 'General' started by JustGoFly, Nov 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

omg we already said that was after it was edited.....this thread should be deleted.

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

If the admins delete this its obvious that the MSM ( forums ) are being controled by the monarchs of empires ( server admins ).

complete_ likes this.
  3. complete_

complete_ lamer

these empires elites are trying to control the narrative

we need an outsider to fix this.... like trickster

4. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

The only reason I see to lock this thread would be off-topic posting. If there is more of that, I will lock the thread. (and, no Paradox, you can't ask about your gag here - the only person to contact about admin abuse on Nubs is TheCreeper, there's no point in posting about it here)

JustGoFly's suggestion that "anything you say that offends anybody is therefore against the rules", is way too simplistic. The point of adminning is to draw the line between freedom of speech and a hospitable atmosphere on the server. Even if you never use any cusswords or slurs, if you pick on people excessively, I'd expect admins to step in.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  5. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

If anyone has any suggestions, comments or feed back on adminning on NUBS please direct it to NUBS steam forum, it will be ignored here on this thread.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  6. Paradox

Im not permagagged anymore since vicki stepped in like 3 weeks ago. It only lasted 3 days but I wanted to give jgf an example on how NOT to admin like he asked for thus staying on topic.

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

how about admins not exploit map problems. that could be a start for good admining

and not ignoring people when they say you are exploiting just so you can get the kill and then discuss it later

8. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

you should link to the official server group so ppl know what you mean! ;-)

also you need to be invited, but i think it won't be seen as "offtopic" if you just post your steamprofile here to get invited! ;-)
    @Tama: if that isn't okay for you you have my permission to edit this post! ;-)

vipervicki likes this.
  9. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Was that the first time you played Glacier map? EVERYONE told you that driving into the enemy base via those walls were a common tactic. You're exceeding the 30 seconds allotted for your whining over our superior tactics. We destroyed everything with arty, then I rolled in and cleaned your clock. While I sat outside your base for 4 minutes, protecting the arty, no one came to your aid. Are you going to complain that on glacier teams walk in to your base via the tunnel too, even though the doors are closed? Or that our Arty fired over the walls? Sheesh.

10. complete_

complete_ lamer

its snowbound. quoting for later when i have time to point out how he obviously knows he did something wrong and is equating things that are not equal in order to save his skin instead of admitting he map exploited

11. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

It is a legitimate strategy... everyone does it. Heavies can't get up there usually, so you are stuck using mediums which is a disadvantage but literally everyone does it. IT can be done to both BE and NF and sometimes your tank flips getting in, sometimes it doesn't. It's the risk you pay.

12. Paradox

I have no idea what you guys are talking about but if it involves 9mine flipping a tank somewhere I think complete got you guys by the balls, but if it doesnt then complete is wrong

13. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

It's pretty easy to get a heavy over the wall, the mountain cliff next to the wall is sloped in such a way that if you are going full speed you can just run up the wall into a base, just like how people use slaughtered's walls in sbend as a halfpipe.

Edit: I should admit you need 3phase, fission or possibly gas to get up there, the other ones don't really have the speed. Considering the slow engines are usually the last engines people get this is kind of a not big deal, so people really shouldn't say it takes time to get the required engine to do this.

I seriously think it's unintended though, because it's actually detrimental to have the gates closed. I mean if the enemy can freely come in either side but you can't get out one side then surely it's a problem. In that game complete and jgf talk about I actually wanted to open the gates because there was no coming back if we couldn't open them(they had the mid rather fortified), but one of the buttons wasn't working so gates were stuck closed.:(

14. complete_

complete_ lamer

The only people who told me it was valid afterward was creeper and lt, because they were covering for you. I also enjoy how you guys told me to "contact the mapper and ask him" knowing that this map is 7 years old
    Saying it is "walls" is misleading. Its a hill, a moutain. It is not a wall. You cant walk along it and end up in the base, either. There are LOCKED gates that need to be destroyed or opened in order to get into the base. Instead of shooting the gate open, you drove up along the hill and landed in our base.
    On cyclopean, you were able to drive on the hills on top of nf main until very recently. This was seen as a serious exploit. This was many times worse, as there wasn't even a way to drive into the base in the first place, as the gates are closed.
    You are being very disingenuous with equating walking into our base which is allowed through a VERY OBVIOUS AND MAPPER INTENDED PATH with ignoring gates (that close and require alot of damage to open) by just driving over a hill using a fast engine.
    The fact that you are also comparing your behaviour with arty firing over walls (which is what arty is supposed to do) shows how you are trying very hard to make me seem like the unreasonable one.

And here is the kicker. I was yelling in all chat for a long time about how the heavy driving in my main and shooting me was playing unfair and map exploiting. And yet, he continued to do so.
    I gave up after a while because I figured there was no way to comeback, and it was probably a player that would've been banned after, since it was such an egregious lack of regard for rules.
    What do you know:
    emp_snowbound_cl10006_proc.jpg
    It was the admin the whole time.

And you know I was the commander because you stayed in spectator until a team got a fast engine and better tanks so you could do exactly this. You can't play coy about this.

So here's a question for you:
    Did you enjoy the map after snowbound? You know, the one where nf didn't even have a commander and ended quickly? Or the one after that, when everyone left?

Do you enjoy emptying servers with your tactics? Just so you can feel good about "soloing" a commander?

BlackRedDead likes this.
  15. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Nothing will be addressed or resolved unless its done on NUBS steam group.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  16. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

I believe it's on "Snowbound" where you drive a tank up the walls and can get into the enemy base with gates. I know lots of people do it, so I have always done it because I figured it acceptable. I've never seen an admin get angry about it.

Also, Complete, I agree the gates SHOULD be destroyable, but you can't destroy them. That's why I think it's regarded as a strategy to drive up the walls because the gates are invulnerable. Unless, I'm wrong but I have never once seen them destroyer and I sat one time sieging out the enemy base for a solid 20 minutes one time.

17. Paradox

yeah, seeing the map is snowbound I agree with complete, its quite unfair as hell that you bypass the gates just because the mapper fucked up.

I think nubs server is just covering for their admins to not lose face and admit it was the wrong thing to do because its complete complaining.

I feel for u lamer

complete_ likes this.
  18. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

*cough* artillery *cough*.

Really, when you are already sieging enemy main on Snowbound, I don't know how getting arty can possibly go wrong.

19. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

They did have arty, it was constantly hammering the base while the heavy tank was rolling around inside of it. It really was painful that we couldn't open the gates at all so I could do something about that dumb arty.

20. Paradox

Just a question that can soften the circumstances, can both factions reach the hill opposite to each other?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.