Badmin Badmin what you gonna do...

Discussion in 'General' started by JustGoFly, Nov 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I dont even what youre getting at but i highly suspect youre unable to distinguish between antisemitism and jokes based on stereotypes.

Edit: Okay ,having read the next bit in the thread, thats definitely going beyond a joke.
    Edit2: I petiton for a swear jar for vicky, triggered by when she repeats her opinion about whom governs the server

2. complete_

complete_ lamer

ok there slavoj zizek, no need to use this topic to yell about pc culture

also yes the server does have a problem with racism and anti-semitism and the fact that it takes BRD to point it out is pretty sad

3. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Folks - My Bad since I posted this without Creepers review of it. BUT honestly he's coach'd me, tolerated my mistakes, and certainly his perspective is to not be heavy handed but act when someone is ruining the fun. So given some recent messages to me from players that so-and-so is being to harsh, or kicking nubs, or whatever, and in game talk about how we're not taking action I felt compelled to write some of the rules that I follow. Even though Creeper never saw this list, he was OK with it after I posted it. And yes - again it is his server, his rules. If there is anything in the list he objects to - he can post. He has been put through the mill by this community and honestly I do not want to add to that.

That said - both he and Vicki, over time, have given me tips that have certainly curbed abuse of admin. "You shouldn't kick or ban a kid for getting in the com -just slap him to remove him." . And yes I do think it's many times useful to have a smart nub in com that can follow instructions. But it's a rare stack that they win it.

Also know that Creeper has added many scripts that have enabled us to act without being harsh. Surrender vote, talk to all players, and many other things are there to 1) Give you guys the power to control the map, squad lead, commander... 2) Not require an admin to take action except to ungrief or help a player learn how to get along (Slap, Kick, Ban).

BlackRedDead asked about my use of Perma-ban in #4. If you change accounts and rejoin - you are not accepting the short ban you have incurred. It won't matter than if it's 10 minutes or 10 days, you will defeat it. But you can't defeat a Perma-ban, so you are gone one way or the other. I had to perma-ban one kid about twenty times to get all of his accounts and now instead of a ten minute ban he will never be in the game again until he talks to Creeper.

I don't think this list shows that Nubs server admins are very tough on you guys. And the rules don't reset every time you join. If you use racial slurs and are banned for ten minutes, the next day you do it again it'll be a day, then a week or maybe just right to perma. The little kiddies hear you and think it's fun to repeat out that garbage - STOP IT.

One final tip - if you are commander, and you are totally peeved at your team and really feel like griefing. Your only recourse is to give up the com. The proper way to do that is to drive it to a barracks - announce WE NEED A COM, I AM DONE. Even if you go to spec or do the unthinkable, switch teams, I won't ban you. Some of us get emotional in this game and there is your out.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  4. complete_

complete_ lamer

i think people posting clearly how they admin is VERY BAD and i am OUTRAGED that people might have had the idea that some things could use a little more clarity

you should all be ashamed

flasche and Donald Trump like this.
  5. Z100000M

If you want to be offensive you have to make sure the other party actually knows what you mean, otherwise you look like a babbling fool

Yeah okay troll , back under the bridge you go.
    I dont even know why you should feel bad to begin with, youre not an emplyee under a contract, i dont see why you should have to consult anyone about voicing an opinion

BlackRedDead likes this.
  6. complete_

complete_ lamer

sounds like you DO know who he is

7. TheCreeper

TheCreeper Member

This thread was originally about "How people should administrate NUBS" and was posted without me being asked first. I have no problem with JGF clarifying his admin style and I'm happy to let people offer feedback on how things can be improved, there is at least a few constructive posts in this thread. So unless you wanted to post something constructive then shush.

BlackRedDead and vipervicki like this.
  8. complete_

complete_ lamer

this threads first post is by justgofly about how he administrates

9. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

it was changed from fly's original post from asking how nubs should be administrated to what it is now.
    the thread should be deleted and any suggestions or feedback from the community should be put on nubs steam groups but the creeper decides how nubs should be administrated and consider valid suggestions and feedback.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  10. TheCreeper

TheCreeper Member

Not sure if you realise it was later edited.

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

well its not like i would know when theres no mention of it until now

edit: which is why i add edits to the bottom of my post

12. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

What was the joke? I like jokes.

13. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

par·a·dox
    ˈperəˌdäks/
    noun
    1. a statement or proposition that, despite sound (or apparently sound) reasoning from acceptable premises, leads to a conclusion that seems senseless, logically unacceptable, or self-contradictory.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  14. Z100000M

No, i dont and i dont care much in particular.
    Hey where did your "rk" from you title disappear.

15. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Are you still gagged?
    Sign your "I'll be a good boy" and ask Creeper to give you a chance.

But really, let's get real, no admin perma-gags anyone for a single bad word.
    Things get piled up.

It's the same IRL, if someone is being exceptionally harsh against you and only you, that's probably because "for him", you are a dick.

If you care, fix your impression, at least play your "good boy" game in front of the guy.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  16. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Idk new forum theme messed it up i think, paging devs to fix

17. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

thats a good point, normaly you keep an old version if a topic changes dramaticly, but i don't think thats the case here - he might have just edited the title and some formulations to change from "how we should admin" to "how i admin" ;-)

18. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I saw the original posting, it was essentially 'here's how I admin, but I'm willing to take suggestions for improvements on my method'.

19. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

wrong senor it said how should nubs be administrated...ask fly

20. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

I don't want to argue you, believe me I don't, but the very first line of his post reads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.