Arma 3 Free weekend + 50% off for duration

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trickster, Oct 23, 2014.

1. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I much prefer first person for Arma, third person kind of ruins the immersion when you are able to see into buildings and over walls, but in first person you really lose the situation awareness even if you adjust the FOV (which then throws out the aim) unless you are constantly holding Alt, combine that with about 20 possible stances and I just don't have the keyboard kungfu to really enjoy it.

Driving and flying in first person is a nightmare too. I'm really thinking about getting foot pedals and track IR to make it bearable.

2. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

The controls in Arma 3 is a LOT better than Arma 2, no more "double tap W to sprint", etc. Try it out.

3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I wanted to ask, is there any good 1 player scenarios in the custom content community? I'd play coop ones too if someone else was willing to join in.

I ask because the main campaign they got just seems huge and I was hoping for some quicker battles I could find.

4. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I just play koth.

There's almost too much choice. Idk what to try next. I don't particularly care for playing alone. Wasteland, Battle Royale and BECTI seem neat.

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I don't think Arma shines in single player, just saying.

6. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

I'd like to join in on some coop games against the AI next week.

Also, the campaign features several smaller missions.

Anyhow try Bad Holiday it's singleplayer and fun.

7. Lazybum

You're right, but multiplayer has a bit of a problem in the "I don't know what's going on and failing is rather painful". I want some smaller single or coop stuff so I can learn the game and what to do at a easy pace.

Thanks for the link dz, I'll check it out.

8. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

9. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Lazybum - I've got a coop server setup I use to host for up to about 4 squads.

We can play a coop mission against AI this weekend, let me know when you are around. Takes about 15 minutes to setup most missions.

Anyone else is welcome to join or use the server

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  10. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

We'll have to do some koth together.

It doesn't require any externally installed mods and it's pretty painless. It seems like a good simple game mode to get used to arma combat in.

Oh and did I forget to mention that the koth servers are fucking massive? As in 40v40-massive.

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

12. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Okay, this is actually funny.

13. Lazybum

Gonna have to disagree, not unless ai is enabled anyway. Map is so goddamn big that it feels like playing chain with 15 people. I say that only based on playing on a wasteland server for a bit, I could hear some action and see a jet floating around but because everyone is spread out it didn't seem like it was horribly busy. 64 player empires or battlefield feels way more crazy and hectic, like it really is a massive fight.

Then again if koth is what I think it is I'd imagine the huge map area is less of a problem.

14. D.D.D. Destroyer

That's how you spell that name!

EDIT: Fuck I misspelled it actually

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

In KotH, a town is the "Hill" and each of the 3 teams has a base about 2km away, with people doing taxi runs in helicopters. The map size is irrelevant because you only really fight in the town.

16. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Dslyecxi runs Shacktac which is pretty much considered the standard for ARMA communities. He literally wrote the book for ARMA - (http://ttp3.dslyecxi.com/). Bohemia actually sell this tactical guide for about $10 and its pretty good. As well as producing some really good hud mods.

Jester814 also has a bunch of good videos on youtube if you are interested in that joint op style game which is my preference.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcjj-iqzVDU

Realistic radio mods are really good once you get used to them and playing in squads and calling in close air support or artillery from actual players is a lot of fun.