Arma 3 Free weekend + 50% off for duration

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trickster, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

http://store.steampowered.com/app/107410/

Great game. Would definitely recommend more people get it. Loads of different game modes to play, many of which get better the more friends you have.

Let me know if you want to play over the weekend.

2. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

I wanna play! And shoot stuff. Pew Pew.

3. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Play Battle Royale with us.

TS preferably > epic-empires.co.uk

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

5. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Fuck empires, no release this weekend, let's play arma. Awwww yeah.

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Can I ask, just how long does it take to find a fight and if you die how stiff is the penalty? Like if I go kaboom do I have to find another jeep and proceed to drive 5 minutes to shoot stuff for 2-3 minutes?

I mean I do like this idea of big old maps and fights, I'd imagine its like bf3 but less run and gunny and more tactical, while also making use of the whole map and not 3 areas that bf3 has a real problem with.

Oh they have go karts, tell me are they fun? I'm seriously thinking I might pick this up if go karts are indeed fun to race around. It's the little things ya know?

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

BR is deathmatch with one life, you die and you go to a new server (unless it's ghost hotel, then you wait until the round ends). You get airdropped into the area/spawned on the edge of the hotel and a round takes 45~/15~ minutes. There's a blue circle that keeps getting smaller, it forces people to advance to its center and eventually meet others and shoot them. It's pretty tense and good fun, and teaming up is doing it wrong.

There's also Wasteland, King of the Hill and Altis Life. And if you're not skimpy, Arma 3 Life :)

(And I guess base game and shit)

8. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Gokarts are awesome. Attach an machinegun and you have a small speedy car that drives 100km/h and kills baddies.
    Just make sure you don't use your mouse to drive them, use free view instead (press alt twice).

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  9. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Wait, you can put machine guns on the go karts?

Fuck it, I'm in love.

10. Trickster

I've never actually tried the go-karts DLC. For anyone wondering, it was originally an April Fools joke, and people wanted it so much afterwards they actually made it as a super cheap DLC.

11. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Does it function like mario kart?

12. Lazybum

This..

13. Lazybum

I'm trying it out now, it certainly plays better than arma 2. Am I the only one who has a real hard time telling where the enemy is and who's shooting me? Everything has the same color and people aren't all jagged and crap so they actually blend in.

I guess it is suppose to be a war sim, so I really shouldn't be surprised.

14. BigTeef

Do they have a colorblind mode?

15. Lazybum

I'm not seeing anything like that.

16. BigTeef

Damnit, Arma 2 was a nightmare for me.

Not only did I have to memorize uniforms, I had to boost my contrast up to deal with night time so I could not friendly fire in the dark.
    I still dont know who the fuck is who, all I got was towel = bad.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  17. Lazybum

Yeah... I was farting around wasteland and holy balls is night time dark. Like night vision is beyond necessary. I think I ended up quitting for the moment because not being able to see at all made me not really want to move and I didn't feel like waiting that half hour or whatever for it be day again.

I do think arma 3 is can be quite a bit of fun, but only with friends type of deal. I'm still undecided if I want to get it, need to play around a bit more with it.

18. Trickster

Turn up your gamma to max in the display options. Basically makes it daylight. Not doing that at night puts you at a disadvantage if you don't. I wish it wasn't like that but it is, so that's all you can do.

19. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Install blastcore mod and fire a 40mm flare round. Fucking beautiful. The artillery flares look great too.

They changed the gamma/brightness thing on elite mode I think, you can no longer turn it into basically black/white daytime, though you can still get an edge at night time from it.

But really if you are playing a public PvP game where you are allowed respawns then its kind of gonna be run and gun anyway why bother playing in low light at all. Playing at night is only fun if you are doing some kind of team PvP and are doing some sneaking, in that case you spend most of your time in bushes and crawling through defilades because the first team to get spotted is going to die. Evasion is fun though, take 2-4 people and all they have to do is reach the coast on foot whilst the rest of the server tries to chase them down.

20. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i whish arma and battlefield would make a baby. arma gfx, battlefield controls.