Another 1.08 rant

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Goose, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I included it in a previous RC. It's been over a week at the very least since the SMG 2 was changed. People are just noticing now? The whole nerf SMG 2 topic was started while the current SMG 2 script was active.

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

lol

<filler>

3. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

seriously avair, wut!

i'm just gunna go dig out a screenshot from the emp_canyon match [fuck, i think it was taken during the bit when i thought that print screen was the screenshot button- take a look at the screenshots i put on the screenshot thread and notice that only one is from the canyon match during the PUG :(]

anyway, i shall describe the screenshot to you: me as an engineer, and in front of me, NO LESS THAN SIX engineers. oh shit... people going engineer!

what i did notice about the PUG though was that for the first time i was frequently battling other classes than engineer. grim gibber was doing damage as a machinegunner, and lobster frequently killed me with his goddamn scout rifle.

I just don't agree that the SMG's are too weak... if anything SMG2 is a perhaps... perhaps too powerful. but not by a lot. I don't agree that the pistol is better in any situation than an SMG.

this post was thoughtfully brought to you by a dedicated engineer.

4. DJ Die

DJ Die Member

yeah it only changed in RC26 maybe due to bug it was same in 25 but now its there
    though its maybe too much but its better than deathray now we just need to fix mortar...
    and no fucking shotties for engi stick with SMGs

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  5. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Or give Engineer the shotty pistol. :) No need to give pure shotgun then.

Just side comment you may ignore this.

6. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Oh so it was some bug now that caused smg 2s to suddenly lose their power in rc 26? Maybe we should all revert to rc 25 just to prove that it isn't.

7. DJ Die

DJ Die Member

well you are saying that you have implemented those changes in 25 but they werent there....

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

rc25 aviar says its fine dont nerf it.. rc26 after no change has been made avair says its now easier to use the pistol for kills..

we have too many people testing the RCs who dont want fixes or balancing so they can continue to get kills.. these are the kind of people who will find exploits and not report them so they can use them later on to win matches

9. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

According to the script files themselves, they were there. Do I trust the script files or people's perceptions?

10. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

You trust your code and nothing else. :p

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

well DJ die knows everything.. especially empires

12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Of course people's perceptions! You don't actually think you write good code do you?! :eek:

Please don't ban me from your brilliant game ^^

13. DJ Die

DJ Die Member

oi shut it Dubee

Krenzo: well it doesnt matter but its there now and its pretty hard to hit anything unless prone or at least crouched