Announcing the Empires Union

Discussion in 'General' started by OuNin, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. {TLP}Sk1nn3r

{TLP}Sk1nn3r Banned

I, as Chairman of the Empires Clan Organization, want to express my solidarity with the Empires Union in these times for the betterment of the mod. The ECO, which is composed of the BSID, CEL, and SQUAD clans, would like to state its support of the continued existence of the much valuable and still-active Empires community.

2. OuNin

OuNin Member

The newly-formed Union of Users Against Abuse has expressed its support of the Empires Union and would like to state that its members strive to make better the conditions of the forum and to ensure a just and abuse-free administration.

3. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

The Users Study Group supports the existence of the Empires Union and would like to state its opposition to the so-called 'death' of Empires being used as a way to divide the community and to undermine the very real links between all users.

4. Kane

Kane Member

I just use it for safety if I need to subclass that class for some reason.
    Unless I optimize stuff :P

5. Lewie2

Lewie2 Member

if you really want to help you should be able to download directly off steam, people arnet bothered to download things when you have to follow a link.
    yes its hard to believe.

and some people have a proper phobia of virus' and dont download anything they dont trust.

6. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

No, you can interface with the "copyleft" code by using an abstraction layer that is LGPL compliant. Then you can stick a hot pocker up your ass while screaming you love open source.

Can anyone see my dislike of open source here?

7. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Today the Democratic Party of Empires, Union of Users Against Abuse, and the Empires Clan Organization will all hold a meeting on me, praising my defense and the effort of the users to get me unbanned.

What just happened. Did I say anything? I can't remember anything that happened for the past minute or so.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

this is all for laughs right? i talked to mabol and he was like "srsy" about it

if serious, why 20 groups each having 5 members on average?

9. OuNin

OuNin Member

They are meant to showcase the unity of all users towards the achievement of a just and better Empires mod and community.

10. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Really...do they have coders and modellers? :p

11. Aegy

Aegy Member

How does one go about getting their mod supported on steam anyway? There are tons of free mods that steam advertises, and you can download directly through the client. It always seems to be a huge boost in new playerbase that holds with time with mods such as these.

12. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Again, Emp needs to figure out it's dev story before they do anything like this. No devs would spell doom.

Plus, this game DOES NOT lend itself to the masses. No matter what.

13. Aegy

Aegy Member

You'd be surprised at the influx of new players that stay with a game based on steam achievements and availability. Look at Age of Chivalry. Terrible mod imo but its got achievements, so everyone plays it.

14. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

I agree that AOC is shit, but it's not as complex as Empires is. The same arguement I always bring against emp is it's complexity.

15. OuNin

OuNin Member

The UUAA has released the following statement:

The Union of Users Against Abuse has called upon all users to uphold a sincere and just system of administration within the Empiresforum and to conduct administrative tasks in a way consistent with the needs of the users. The UUAA has also called upon all users who have as their goal the betterment of the forum to resolutely stand for the betterment of its users through the application of a serene system of rule in which the users shall become a force in which they can enact change through the full-scale cooperation and collaboration with all forces who also share with them the desire to better the forum.

16. Empty

Empty Member

English motherfucker do you speak it?

17. OuNin

OuNin Member

Excerpt from the First Congress of the Movement for Democracy and Progress held on January 1, 2010:

This Congress was convened in a time wherein great changes are already being witnessed. The Empires Clan Organization is growing; the progressive forces of the Empiresforum are consolidating themselves and beginning work for a better tomorrow; the forces of reaction are fearing these developments and are seeking to undermine them through petty insults and underhanded intrigues. Regardless, the stand of the Movement for Democracy and Progress and of its members remains clear...

In the end, this Congress... shall serve as an example of what unity can accomplish in its most simple form; in the spirit of cooperation and collaboration for a better future free from corruption, demagoguery, ignorance and exploitation. That the MDP has struggled always for the great cause of human progress is a testament to the good will it has towards all users irregardless of past differences; so long as these same users analyze their surroundings on a scientifically sound basis and engage in the affairs of our world with the greatest of hopes and brightest of wishes. The continuing unity of the users and the basis for eternal harmony, then, is concretely laid forever.

18. Empty

Empty Member

We're gamers not parliament.

19. OuNin

OuNin Member

You misunderstand the unity of the users and the question of embracing an all-round scientific outlook towards the questions we currently face within the situation at hand.

20. GIGAR

GIGAR Member

I support Empires, its existence, and the efforts of the EU, UUAA, ECO, and MDP and their programs for a scientific analysis of what's going on right now. All users of Empires must band together against the dual threats of decay and opportunism existing at the present.

But we shouldn't rest on our laurels. There are obvious problems within the thought processes of individual users within this thread. Marcin and rampantandroid come to mind the most. They have failed to show sufficient optimism and confidence in the users than is necessary for the propagation of an evermore successful Empires community. They have overlooked key questions on what is currently going on and seek to underplay the currents of deterioration that are persisting despite the as of current misguided attempts to exercise them. They have misapplied their analyses in a way which threatens the unity of the users, but at this same time I cannot judge them for this on anymore than a personal level, and it is this level which is not the most scientific or with which much standards are maintained.

The efforts of the EU are positive in every direction and in all forms, but flaws should be noted in regards to the leadership of Cpatton. Since Cpatton is the EU Chairman, I feel that Cpatton has conducted various errors which have formed a detrimental relationship between the users and the mass-based origins of the EU. He has failed to carry out the movement of the mass of the users in a scientific manner; he has skipped over gaining the confidence of the users and has thrown aside for the present the rational treatment of the users. He should step up his efforts, and realize that the future of Empires lay in his hands to a significant extent.

All members of the EU should follow science and apply it on a logical basis in order to allow Empires to prosper. They should take into account criticism and self-criticism, and follow the scientific-materialist world view in order to allay sectarian and dogmatic errors conducted during the process of the EU's existence. If the EU can accomplish this, then I am sure that it will achieve the unity it so desires.

tldr-wtf-is-this-shit; don't respawn so i can ress you, retard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.