Announcing the Empires Union

Discussion in 'General' started by OuNin, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]
    i agree :D

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

seems like another yet-to-fail project

will lurk this anyway

3. Thor

Thor Member

=[BSID]= fully supports the EU and wishes to assist when needed. PM me if you need any hosting/resources for this project.

4. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Thanks Thor....

Seeing as how I host all the forum / hosting / resources for BSID... XD

I'll let you know XD.

5. recon

recon SM Support Dev

That's easy to fix.

Recon (A4): !ban @all 0 "Community::Replace();"

US people are concerned with the community too.

@Cpatton & Thor: LOL.

If you didn't realize that command was a joke, please uninstall your web browser.

6. Empty

Empty Member

What's so funny about posting SM commands on the forum? :confused:

7. recon

recon SM Support Dev

It's better than LUA...

8. Empty

Empty Member

function RECON:AttemptWit( succeed )
    if succeed == false then
    Recon:|sIdiot( true )
    else
    return false
    end
    end

9. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Your particles are nice, but your code is pathetic.
    PHP:
    Empty::OnPost(const string *forumLocbool isTrolling)
    {
        if (!
    isTrolling)
        {
            throw new 
    Exception("User is not Empty.");
        }
        else
        {

VBAPI::Post(forumLoc"Empty", Empty::GetTrollPost());
        }
    }

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  10. Empty

Empty Member

It's a script actually.

11. recon

recon SM Support Dev

It's still code. Scripting is for wannabee programmers. And unlike scripters, real programmers can do useful stuff like:
    PHP:
    int main()
    {

system("rm -rf /home/empty");
       return 
    0;
    }
    Anyhow, enough trolling. Let's not hijack OuNin's thread...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  12. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

You shouldn't be discussing who has the most bragging rights tbh.

13. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

/join

<having the smallest e-penis = win>

14. Dr. Rockso

Dr. Rockso Member

Well alot of us probably own many, many games, and we still enjoy empires. Why wouldnt other people like it? Its worth letting people know about it, hell its doing THEM a favour if tey find it fun. I tell people about this mod all the time, and everybody who has told me that they tried it liked it, and are probably still playing it. (I dont tell em my steam id, I like to do my own thing in fps's, so I dont really follow their habits)

15. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Here's my code

if post = retarded
    then
    STFU

16. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

You'll get support from CW...not sure what assets we can bring except interested people, but whatever, it's all good ^^

17. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

CW's support would be greatly appreciated :). CW members are mostly very active paricipating members of the community. I would be surprised if they were not.

The EU will be supporting numerous things that help raise community involvement, or keep the game interesting, not just promoting and marketing empires. There are many ways to help support the devs and empires in general. Keeping the community alive with tourney's and events such as darkest dawn and the rifleman/grenadier empires champion tournament. Helping devs test 2.25 maps, scripts, and whatever else comes to mind, such as the research script testing yesterday. These events need veterans to participate for proper testing, as well as feedback, an organization of people interested in helping with that is just as useful as marketing and promoting the mod.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  18. nebajoth

nebajoth Member

I would like to contribute the logo I made for the Federation of Empires Clans about 2-3 years ago. I think its pretty cool. And its not being used by anything since that server-alliance with ON|E and JPL died. It's a direct ripoff of the UN logo, with the Empires engineer build symbol instead of a globe, but I think it looks pretty sharp for all that.

I can provide an SVG version if you actually want to use it. And I'll host a forum for you on my Dreamhost if you like.

19. OuNin

OuNin Member

The Members of the Empires Union collaboratively agree on the following:

"The Empires Union has discussed within itself what it should do in order to better the forum. It has called on all users to unite in freedom and solidarity against the deterioration of the forum. In order to do this, it will be necessary to outline the goals of the Empires Union when it comes to the forum itself. These goals are based upon an acute study of the current situation within the forum and of its content.

History teaches us that the forum is based upon the needs of the users in any ideal situation. This ideal situation, however, cannot always be met. It cannot be met due to the materialist basis of the forum and of the various entities within it moving against the movement of the users. The goal of the Empires Union within the forum is first and foremost to promote the activity and well-being of the users. This shall form a great union of the users in cooperation against the forces of degeneracy and moribund phraseology. These mimicking marauders of doom do not understand the situation at hand in a concrete and scientific manner. They do not wish to learn about the all-round struggle of the users or of the users united for the construction of a better Empires and Empiresforum on the basis of scientific analysis and work. To carry the banner of the users is to achieve a great victory of them in the form of unity and cooperation.

To promote the well-being of the users it is necessary to unite them and to approach the situations that each user finds themselves in on a rational basis coupled with the understanding of the contradictions between the forces within the forum. It means that one must analyze the situation on a scientific basis and with a rational mind and outlook in accordance with the needs of the users united as one in relation to the forum. It means carrying forward the great thrusts of the users against the forces of decay and hoisting up the glorious banner of the users against the forces of reaction. To unite the users it is necessary to bring forth a popular front of all progressive elements united against these reactionary forces in order to uphold the all-round struggle of the movement for the betterment of Empires and of Empiresforum. It necessitates the unity of the users in league with the unity of the progressive elements of the forum administration to bring forth a great impetus for the victory of the users in consolidating a new and better Empiresforum.

The Empires Union must work in tandem with all other progressive forces for rebuilding Empiresforum and the mod itself in order to judge on a rational basis the situation at hand and to rectify the mistakes and problems existing within both institutions. It must devote all resources towards understanding these problems and applying the scientific method in accordance with them as they appear throughout the history and progress of the forum. All effort must be made towards maintaining the unity of the users in accordance with this scientific-materialist doctrine. Without the maintenance of the unity of the users it becomes impossible to become one with them and to unite boldly with them on all questions of great importance to the further activity and betterment of the forum. To go down this path is to go into the trap of idealism and anti-materialism; to bring forth an anti-scientific monster which will stop at nothing to undermine the unity of the users.

The second goal of the Empires Union on Empiresforum is to adhere to the glorious doctrines of Krenzoism. To identify with and to uphold these brilliant doctrines is to carry forward the unity of the users in accordance with the wise words of Krenzo, who has sought to unify the users on the basis of level-headed and reasonable analysis of the situation at hand. To carry forth the banner of Krenzo is to carry forth the livelihood of Empires and to bring forth a great mass of the users towards the immortal thought of Krenzo and of his mighty force which consolidates the users and is the subject of rue by the reactionists and their sympathizers. To adhere to the steel-like unity of Krenzoism is the goal of all members within the Empires Union.

To ignore Krenzoism; to go down the path of opposition to science and rationality, is to abandon all hope for the betterment of Empires and signifies an objective abandonment of the struggle for a better Empires and forum. It showcases the degeneracy of the opportunists and the betrayal of those who would go against the mighty hand of Krenzo and his magnificent calls for the unity of the forum and for the betterment of its users. To abandon this road is to deal a great blow to the reactionary forces currently at work in seeking to sabotage the unity of the users towards the betterment of the Blackhole, and it is a lofty goal indeed to break the unity of the users as the reactionaries attempt to do day-by-day in struggle against them and against Empires.

The Empires Union has called on all users to unite for the betterment of the forum as a way of bettering the mod. It has called upon all users to uphold the lodestar of our movement for the betterment of the users. Through the unity of the users united in a scientific-materialist world outlook, it will be possible for Empires to revive itself under the immortal banner of Krenzoism and of the development of the forum in accordance with the needs of the users."

20. Kane

Kane Member

Code:
    #include <empires/player>
    #include <empires/forums>

using namespace empires;
    using namespace empires::player;
    using namespace empires::forums;
    class PreventTrollingPlugin : IEmpiresForumsPlugin
    {
    public:
        PreventTrollingPlugin();
        virtual void OnPost(const Post* post);
    }

CPreventTrollingPlugin::CPreventTrollingPlugin()
    {
        Forums::GetInstance()->Register(this);
    }
    CPreventTrollingPlugin::OnPost(const Post* post)
    {
        if (post->IsTrollPost())
            Forums::GetInstance()->Ban(post->GetPoster());

}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.