A bold Idea...Mini generaters

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Vessboy, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

That isn't a stalemate, but the problem can be fixed by simply designing the map better. Make it so that the 'hill' is very difficult to defend, or simply don't have one.

2. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

Is this idea actully going anywhere? :p

3. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

Well the suggestion I made on page 2 or 3 I have done.
    Lakeside has no refineries (or much of anything else)
    While it doesn't display the strategies of having a large "place anywhere" structure to defend, it will display the effects of a consistent resource flow with no one spot to defend on a large open area.

4. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Yea pretty it up some so we can see how it plays out I'm eager to see it in action.

5. neube_PL

neube_PL Member

Sorry for skipping every post after ~30th... my two thoughts:

Spamming the generators could be easily prevented with auto-self-damage-when-used. If team couldn't sacrifice enough engineers to just run around and fix the generators, they would die and explode and damage adjacent buildings. And we all know what happens when too many players/engineers are stalling at one location...

But, like Chris said - it would be almost pointless. Better make additional pre-made buildings/refineries with flags just to capture, not to build, so the mapper doesn't lose control.

I am, therefore, opposed to idea of generators. They fail so hard.

6. Hikuso

Hikuso Member

What could work is upgradeable refs a'la listening posts in Dawn of war.
    Infact, let's make this a wh40k mod, i get to be the emperor and you all need to sacrifice 1000 noobs a day or i will die and there'll be no more spacetravel.....

But seriously, upgradeable refs could work, dunno if it's a good idea tho. What i DO know is that mini generators or Big ones or whatever, would be a pretty shitty idea, for several reasons all listed in posts above this....

7. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Upgradeable refs I wouldn't mind, like ones that mounted turrets or something, as at the moment you just have to dump a few round it, it would be nice to have a ref which you could simply buy an upgrade for and it sprouts a few turrets, say 2 MGs and 2 MLs, just enough to keep people off the ref in the late game and to defend refs which have crap round them and as such aren't really suitable for turret defences.