8 in the morning, 12 people on VIPER, legit 5v5 going, wtf candles

Discussion in 'General' started by ImSpartacus, Mar 29, 2014.

?

What do?

1. Candles is a witch of untold power, burn him at the stake!

40.0%
  2. Candles is a wizard, still burn him at the stake!

46.7%
  3. Candles hasn't fixed all of the bugs yet, wait a few months before said burning!

80.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

This is getting ridiculous.

It's 8am eastern Murica time and there are 12 people on VIPER, 10 of which are actively playing.

Wtf, Candles, what black magic is this?

Erm, EDIT (but not really): While typing this message, this popped up. Wtf, Candles, is it so much to ask for a perfectly functional game?

[​IMG]

Candles, we need you.

[​IMG]

2. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Think this is something to do with building debug dlls. Presumably candles was using them to find the crashing bug and itll be fixed in the next update, dont quote me on that though

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Lol yeah, 10 people on, and half of them placing mines inside enemy's last rax and meleeing them while in spawn.

This is going to have to be another case of "change it because people abuse it" isn't it? This spawnkilling stuff is acceptable when there are lots of people playing, but with 5 people and 3 of them newbies...

Also, nice to know people still tell me I don't know jack about commanding. Calling me a retard without bothering to explain why.

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

cmon you gotta be used to that by now ikalx ^^

and yes stacking really is bad when theres low population games. and its not just newbies that just grasped how to work together and take joy in winning for the first couple of times. in the contrary, its people who are part of this community for ages now - you should be ashamed of yourselfs.

the only one i understand for just joining nf is hobbes since a.) he needs the nfcv for b.) hes actually going to command even if theres a bunch of noobs on his team, which doesnt happen since if he plays he usually commands and people join his team anyway. and even if each other round ends up in trees or underwater, he does what noone cba to do.

maybe commander application and votes should be before everyone else is automatically assigned teams and there is no teamswitching anymore, you only can get back to your team or stay in spec. ofc just for public games - but if theres 2 modes, who guarantees that the fairer one is used in the end?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I'm used to it, I just like unspecific insults. Also someone who calls you a retard, for some reason gets listened to by everyone else. Like them just flinging insults actually makes them right, go figure.

I mean, I'm not saying I'm not a retard, but..

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

its probably just kids that gew their first pubes a couple of days ago, such things dont insult me at all. sure its sad if such kids ruin you a game, just dont bother playing comm for them, if they only lose they leave or start griefing and teamswitching and as soon as sm is back there is every reason to get rid of them ;)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  7. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Fixed.

8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I've never really been one for mining spawns. Camping it with melee upg maybe, but not mines.

9. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

SHUSH, you are giving away my stratgy

10. Deiform

Deiform Member

When I played yesterday I had the same experience as Ikalx. Some random people (usually loud Americans) saying, "Deif... is this guy new? Man we're going to lose so hard." Then some vets who recognise the name play along and say, "Yeah he's so new. gg we lose."

Gotta love the loud mouths.

You know what I'd like. A global stats system that showed you CV wins when you were in the CV. I'm sure you'd get a lot less noob comms if a loud guy with 2 wins is sitting next to a quiet guy with 1000 wins on the comm vote screen.

11. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I legit had some people ask me to give them squad lead because they were more experienced.

12. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I had vets who hadn't played in years refuse to remain in my squad when I was lead because they assumed I didn't know what I was doing... :(

13. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

He'll, I think I've done that to you on district before.

It's button pressing (cough*comming). You don't need a ton of experience to make shit happen.

14. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Ditto. I had a chuckle at that.

Disagree. You need to know which skils are worth it, mostly engy ones. I've seen like maybe 2 other guys except myself that actively use points to keep the squad alive.

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I played as Scout yesterday and the day before almost the entire time. I'm sure someone must have been shouting at me, but I played with duckgrind music so I didn't hear them.

16. complete_

complete_ lamer

u gotta put the clan tag on brah

17. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I do that but it is because I will go engy in a effort to keep squad alive and I know they are better off being gren/rifle or they just kinda forget they are squad lead, never use those points. But I never said I was more experienced if I know they were better than I at leading a squad.

If it just showed wins then yeah I like this.

18. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I had a clan tag. And don't rag on my clan, it's a tag, they don't know the history.

The wins thing...I dunno, would be kinda cool to get little glyphs/icons on the scoreboard but that thing is already pretty full I guess. Still, if you had like a vet (for oldskool players)/proactive player (for newskool vets)/dev, icon might be kinda nice.

Then again wins might just be easier and cleaner. Of course, in the short term it'd mean only the newskooler's would be trusted >.>

19. Deiform

Deiform Member

Nah, we'd just tell Trickster to give us all 1000 wins to start off with.

20. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

It's so fucking hard to command these days. Like the skill bar is lowered so hugely that you cant expect too much... So frustrating.