8.9 earthquake tsunami hits Japan

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Vulkanis, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Pearl_Harbor

It was not as secret as people seem to think. The fact that the letter declaring intentions to break off peace talks with the US was already decyphered by US intelligence before it was meant to be delivered is a good example. What was surprising is that it was an all out attack.

Also, Mother nature is not allied with the US. It's not karma. If it were karma, the entire west and east coast of the US should have been swept away. something about nuclear testing on a bunch of small islands and turning them into lifeless waters.

2. Zeke

Zeke Banned

No.
    It would be far more shit comming americas way.
    HISTORY TIME!

[​IMG]

3. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Fuck yeah! 'Merica!

4. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

trololololo

5. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

6. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

I was concerned about Goodshot ( i dont know if he comes to the forum). He is in japan and i IMed him... i think he seriously was playing for the whole thing...

But he is fine :D

7. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Someone made a documentary about it, its well... you cant really watch it its to bizarr and horrible. Its basically watching mutilated corpses for one and a half hour.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i know at least "most" nuke pps in japan are designed to withstand a 8.25 Richter earthquake (the top for a 1* in 1000 year event in a certain area x2) "without compromising productivity" (basically meaning to keep on generating power WHILE THE EARTHQUAKE IS GOING ON), and to shut down for as long as its needed automatically (no human interaction needed) as soon as a quake is felt above a certain Richter scale (very low, some site digging kept tossing around the numbers 4 Richter, but others said it was dependant on the locations, basically this just means that they shut them down at 4 but they "should" be able to run while experiencing 8.25)

quote from one site:
    anyone wanting to toss out Chernobyl, the Russians where probably idiots there, the plant was running at (if i recall correctly, i read about this in science magazine and saw a show on nat geo chan once) 200+ % and at the same time doing various intertwining experiments, amongst them stress tests

the idea of a nuke plant is "basically" a concrete bunker with rollcage inside a layer of fire stopper inside a concrete bunker... if you wanna kill that tsunamis or earthquakes are not the answer... but apparently 2 Antonov An-225's crashing in to it while letting it burn a day or so in between "might" do it for most of them... or just put some russian scientists in charge

9. Fooshi

[​IMG]

Karma is a bitch, they say.
    Get nuclear fallout over them.
    Karma is indeed a bitch.

10. complete_

complete_ lamer

of course the guy with the name "theleetmuffin" is going to post a fake picture from 4chan where nuclear contamination is measured in RADS

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

because a nerds only knowledge of nuclear power comes from fallout 3

12. Fooshi

I just read that it was a hoax. Would have been hilarious if their "OMG PEARL HARBOUR" shit backfired. (As in the happening, not people dying.)

Anyway, I got inspired to read the whole Chernobyl accident wiki page thing and watched a few documentaries about it due to the STALKER series.
    Being a nerd isn't always bad.

13. complete_

complete_ lamer

Yes, it is.

14. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Heard the meltdown isn't going to happen.

The worst part is all the DiHydrogen Monoxide that is killing many in Japan.

15. Zeke

Zeke Banned

lold ^^

but yes, that is the biggest issue.

16. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

Not the DHMO!
    That stuff's bad.

17. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

do you have access to more informations than i have? to me it sounded like a meltdown yesterday already. the only doubts there are come from the company running the plant and some government officials. two highly doubtfull sources imo.
    so yes, its not official till now (took a few weeks in chernobyl, i still remember that i wasnt allowed to play outside then, how absurd since the radioactive dust already reached central europe before that time), the flooding might have been bad, but the nucular contamination will be way worse in the long run ...
    only difference is that the effects are indirect and death tolls can be concealed way easier :pathetic:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  18. Zeke

Zeke Banned

19. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

not saying its a conspiracy or that there is any bad intention behind this. its normal human behavior, what do you do when you fuck something up?
    this is just on a bigger scale. totaly normal reaction to me ...

20. MooJuiceThaHater

MooJuiceThaHater Member