2.51 Scout issue

Discussion in 'General' started by JustGoFly, Mar 31, 2014.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

yeah but scouts are only part of the issues and really the smallest part. also candles, i whish you could have happend to empires years ago. you are awesome, polite and reasonable - more then we could ever have asked for - sadly you are alone with all that crap code.

and beerdude, you might want to look at the first two pages of memberlist sorted by postcount. 80% (dont quote me on that i didnt count it) gone for good, but obviously theres too many players anyway so who need the ones that care enough to type their fingers bloody. alternatively you could open the server browser 20 ppl, i uninstalled already, but i assume 4 in spec at least (if not more its a custom map, as if any of the other maps wouldnt be custom in a way).
    but you guys stay in denial, youll see what youll end up with ...

... but i said i stop caring and ill do now.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

We did have CoffeeBurrito, he helped salvage the game from the port. There are also quite a few people working in the shadows, I mean Brutos has been there for ages now, but I guess he gets less and less time since he's at uni.

Really, if I had to name all our cool devs, it'd take a while. I mean Beerdude is right there >>

3. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Ya I vote for Ikalx for being among one of the more level headed guys with a microphone, calm and helpful. PLEASE PLAY MORE!

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

....Can I have it too or am I late to the party?

All that aside, though, the community is toxic and the members with powers capable of removing the toxins enjoy sitting in them. Just from the time since the fix has been deployed, Paradox was shitting all over anyone that didn't do exactly what he expected them to, and just yesterday Posthumous drove the CV into the water 100% intentionally, calling his team retarded. He got a stellar 60 minute ban, just enough to eat dinner, take a dump and come back.

The BS tactics have been discussed already, but the bad community members are the weeds that rot away the proper crop, and nobody wants to make rid of them because that would make the garden empter. You'll definitely enjoy your garden when all the actual plants wither away...

5. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Why cant you guys just be like me and send death threats in the mail to random people?

The nerve of you people!

6. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

What, like

To Mr. Smith or Current Occupant

I know what you did.
    I will feast on your entrails

With love,
    BigTeef

?

7. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

This looks like a nightmare in edit-mode.

8. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

HTML:
    What, like

To Mr. Smith [B]or[/B] Current Occupant

I [SIZE="1"]k[/SIZE][SIZE="3"]no[/SIZE][COLOR="Red"]w[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]w[/COLOR]h[SIZE="1"]a[/SIZE][SIZE="3"]t[/SIZE] [U]you[/U] [I]d[/I][B][COLOR="Blue"]i[/COLOR][/B]d.
    [B][I][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]I[/SIZE][/COLOR][/I][/B] w[SIZE="3"]il[/SIZE][SIZE="1"]l[/SIZE] [U]fea[/U][I][COLOR="Yellow"]s[/COLOR][/I]t [B]on[/B] [COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]yo[/B][/COLOR][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]u[/COLOR]r [COLOR="PaleTurquoise"][SIZE="3"]en[/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE="1"][I]trails[/I][/SIZE]

With love,
    BigTeef

?
    Ewwww.

9. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

It's beautiful and you know it

10. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I think the Empires forums has a problem in that it lacks a name-and-shame area. We have two main servers that are more or less official, though billed as community servers.

There isn't really a central place for them for people to see who's being a dick, and with admin'ing the servers, people take most events as a first-case basis, since it's usually someone different dealing with it each time.

I think word just doesn't get around to the admins about who is being a prat and who isn't. That and it doesn't get back to the Empires forums for people to see, and respond to. I'm not really sure if people would care about people being dicks in game, but I think a lot would actually, and if admins could reference the fact that someone had been petty banned a few times and then start handing out week bans instead of hour ones, people would be less likely to do it.

Heck, we could just ban them from both servers for a year and from the forums too. No one wants to even deal with that kind of threat and would just start behaving a little better.

But right now, people get ragey but there's nothing to stop them raging. It's like a class with no teacher, it just gets out of control when all you have to worry about is if the doddering old Principal comes in and gives you detention through lunch.

11. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

But that's really nothing new, the Empires community always attracted assholes, like pretty much every other online FPS. There wouldn't be more people playing if everyone were nice.

@flasche
    Gz on starting your life as adult.

12. flasche

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :pathetic:

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

True and not true. The SC2 community hates the balance directors with all their might whenever a patch is introduced. Dota 2 is a shithole I dare not even touch, ELO hell is a thing for a reason. Dark Souls people tell streamers/YouTubers to first go in without looking anything up and "playing blind" and then bitch about them not knowing the correct way to deal with a problem or where the item is hidden.

I don't know enough about shooter communities to comment on that really, some PAYDAY 2 people are loudmouthed pricks that should go to the same place CV griefers belong to, but that's as much as I know. The actual fact is that every community has the loud and immature minority that can spoil the image of the whole to people from outside, and it's the job of the people responsible within that community to fix such issues, like, for instance, ACTUAL, not dinner-break-time bans.

14. flasche

before empires i played urbanterror (mod aswell) regularily, was a quite nice and small community.

modded games = best games; btw they plan on releasing a standalone on unreal engine <3

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  15. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I remember back when I was actively playing Trickster would always try to ninja when he was losing. I would always let him crawl up to my cv and then I either just ran him over or let him lay some mines then exit and return to comm view to blow up the mines in his face, without a word, then I would just watch him rage and laugh at him.

But anyway, it's very easy to spot ninja attempts. They are usually made by high impact players so if you don't see a skilled player's name show up on the killing board
    he is probably making his way towards your main.

16. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

You're an asshole.

Also, I just read on the previous page that Posthumous grabbed a CV and just drove it into the water at the start of the round. Shit like that should be punished with like a week long ban, no exceptions.

17. D.D.D. Destroyer

It was after like 30 minutes, because he decided his team was retarded and he didn't want to keep going - heavies were driving around back and forth but the frontline was stuck firmly in the middle of snowybay.

18. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

"We dont want to play this map, but there is no admin around"?

19. flasche

more like, HE didnt want to play the map, because they couldnt win it and got fought back after NF found their moral again ...

he only was banned for this short because i didnt know if it was seconds, minutes or hours as argument ;\

20. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I didnt as much comment on this particular situation, as point out that cv was "griefed" in the past as a way to non-maliciously change maps. People say that epic has a buttload of admins, yet i still see that they still are willing to do jack shit (unless it affects them personally) when people ask for them.