2.42 Balance Scripts - Coming soon to a server near you!

Discussion in 'General' started by Trickster, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

It's like a sky dive without the parachute :p

...man that would be good for aircraft, though.

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I doubt it has much to do with making it hit harder, it seems its there so there is less /round/ drop.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

How about it's a video game man. you know calculators can't make fully functioning machinegun turrets out of thin air and boxes that have an infinite amount of munitions inside in real life.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Maybe, but my fix is direct and won't require additional files which might very well get lost in transition. :rolleyes:

5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I understand that, it was more of a sudden thought that would make guided radically different than gren's rpg, which is what it kinda sorta feels like at the moment. You do bring up a good point about it being useful at a distance. In that sense it feels like it would make somewhat of a noob friendly weapon. Like an intermediate between uml and homing.

6. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Well its already there for most official maps.

I double checked and the multiplier for streetsoffire is already at 0.5 so obviously I'm not the first person with that fix.

You can see for yourself in Empires/config/maps

Wouldn't be hard for trickster to lower it a bit more and release it with the scripts though

7. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

Why not cut the UGL clip down to 6 instead of 8 and nerf damage, Then no more bullshit apc fail matches

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  8. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

We don't want it overnerfed though, and building damage is being reduced.

9. Z100000M

Oh no, overnerfing a weapon that has made empires shit for the last year or so?
    I can't bear the though of playing a match without it in it!

No, really, it can go fuck itself as far as im concerned.

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

imo apcs shouldnt be a viable option for an attack.
    support? yes.
    main battle tank? no.

but this also is attributed to empires centralised single research system, if you only have ugls or some shite veh.mg what you gonna do? on the other hand if you skip it early its pointless since your upgraded heavies can do the same and better from a larger distance.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  11. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

People want to end matches as soon as possible instead of enjoying late game content.

People rather perform short term risky behavior than the long term guaranteed win.
    But the problem with the long term is the team may not be able to perform adequately to take advantage of the long term quirks.

12. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I am in agreement. APCs shouldn't stroll into a base and wreck shit up by themselves. If its a gren/engy in second seat I am fine with that. Ohh wait... only BE can do that... poor bastardized NF apc. Someone fucking fix that!

13. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

the problem is that its a viable option - ofc it should stay a possibility, a stupid (or bold) one.
    apcs turned into fighting vehicles around the time spawning in them was removed for additional research. iirc it started out more like "i prove to you that they aint worthless" rather then some elaborated tactic. there was a time when apc rushing didnt mean "build as much as you can" but "all hop into one apc and try to do something as team" (usually it failed horribly but horribly hillarious aswell) and it was a better time.

14. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I remember party buses, they were indeed a lot more fun. I still am somewhat partial to the idea of researching apc spawning, but I can understand why no one likes the idea of something that sounds like an innate ability.

15. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

When people speaking of the 2nd seat of BE APC, I would remind them that NF jeep has 4 seats.

Most players can't handle a continuous wave of APCs(including those who <3 doing it) because they have terrible map awareness/driving skills, especially when playing duststorm or any other open maps.

16. Z100000M

Yea, cause 4 seat jeeps matter when
    1) you will never pick this many people up
    2) they are cheap enough that everyone will just get a personal one instead
    3) it doesnt fucking matter anyway.

Be apcs on the other hand can

1)safely nadespam from the hatch, with respawning ammo
    2)make it possible for grens to shoot over walls with vision
    3)stun the fuck outta the cv using stuns you can hardly get away from

yea fuck that argument

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

It's incredibly easy to shoot out infantry in the hatch, so it's not really that. They're essentially sitting still, vehicle mgs and infantry mgs can shoot them out.

18. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Featuring NF jeep, you have 3 safely spots to nade spam/mortar spam/shit spam inside, it doesn't respawn ammo but hey, grab a goddamn Engineer with you.

I have to admit that a full NF jeep scares me more than a BE APC, you just can't match the mobility and the size(dodging cannons that is).

19. Z100000M

Except that only applies when they are not moving, or at an odd angle.
    Also, it makes them regenerate health. You can also just duck for cover after you get hit, pop out right back when hp is full again.

20. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

This is a conversation we wouldn't even be having a couple of years ago. It's just dumb. I don't usually come out and say that but really, z1ooom is right.

If you want to make a vehicle comparison make the right one. NF has 2 advantageous vehicles compared to BE's 3, where one is extremely niche on NF's side. What is this "I'm comparing an APC to a Jeep" anyway?