★UNITED STATES PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION 2016★

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Candles, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

dude ofcourse policies arent important for the american people. I mean its not like those influence them. Whats important is that the president is corrupt and bought MSM that's going to actuall influence our daily lives ow wait no

2. Deiform

Deiform Member

To be honest, I'd enjoy living and working in the US under Trump rather than Clinton but that's because I'd benefit from his economic policy enough that I could work around his social policy. If I was worse off or didn't have the necessary skills I'd be a bit worried. I'd love it if the UK dropped corp tax down to 15%. High tax rates do nothing, I don't get why it's still debated.

A-z-K and vipervicki like this.
  3. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I posted the link for you and if you listened to his rallies he goes into more details. Hes been policy specific for weeks now at his rallies and last 3 debates.

4. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I hope he does defund Planned Parenthood if they continue abortions, for the sole reason its funded by American people, the tax payers, and many Americans have religious and other wise objections to abortion especially late term abortion, they should get their money for this elsewhere, not from tax payers.
    Let the DNC fund abortions for Planned Parenthood.

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I guess that leaves the republicans to fund the orphanages then.

6. complete_

complete_ lamer

it takes a real mench to vote for their own benefit when they dont have to worry about any of the adverse effects affecting them

this is democracy! voting in majority to fuck over the minority! GBA

7. Deiform

Deiform Member

Wouldn't really help if abortions are made illegal in some states (which I understand is a Trump policy to hand the decision back to states).

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

this is good because many americans have religious or otherwise objections to abortions so i think we need to create safe spaces for them

9. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

no its better to trample on peoples religious freedom and rights and force them to spend their hard earned money on something they object too, only a liberal would wanna force something down the throat of someone that violates their rights.

You don't have to read it just pass it.

"We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It"

10. complete_

complete_ lamer

religions freedoms are being trampled on when a tenth of a cent goes to something that is not really their business?

childless families are also forced to pay into school boards. should we instead institute individual picking and choosing where our tax dollars go instead?

11. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Like mother like daughter, the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree:

Chelsea Clinton 'used Foundation resources to fund her 2010 wedding to Marc Mezvinsky', according to new Wikileaks emails

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

we seem to have moved from "if you live here, you have to abide by our standards of living" to "religious rights superceed individual rights (supreme court ruling roe v wade)"

soon enough you guys are going to be arguing for sharia courts

flasche likes this.
  13. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

14. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

The bizarre thing about this election is that the mood for it, certainly of late has very much been about how Bad the other candidate is (not entirely suprising or unprecedented, but it seems very pronounced) - It has come through in the most recent debates imho.
    It's an unhealthy kind of discourse, but not that it invalidates the points being made. To me Trump seems to me to speak very broadly on issues that require clarity, that invites more questions than answers. Clinton on the other hand looks dirty as hell. Personally, in the early debates I saw before nominations, I think they both were pretty weak. Since going heads up it's been a pretty unproductive slagging match.

I can get over some of the outragious things Trump said early in his campaign because I really believe he was gaming the system. He knows that TV needs viewership & he provided them plenty of minutes, he said some crazy shit before he got the nomination to force channels to cover him & in doing so locked in a good number of followers. All the political bias in the world couldn't stop TV covering him unless they wanted to loose viewership to those that did and I think it definitely played to his advantage. A lot of time that could have been spent otherwise was spent on him - even if it was refuting him it locked him in with a significant part of the electorate. Going outside of "MSM" and looking at the various "news feed" models - those guys make their money through hit subscriptions and there are a lot of echo chambers, for sure there are decent "fact checking" sources that try to remain unbias, but I doubt they have a huge impact on voting.

Anyway my question is - regardless of which way it goes & projecting forward,
    • What do citizens think about a second term for either of these guys?
      • All my friends and family stateside (LA,FL,GA,NY, NV) are pretty disappointed with the choices, but nobody is going 3rd party. It's definitely a feeling of the "lesser devil" and thats a good mix of people (from working/small business owners/retired, right/liberal, 20-70, religion/ethnic background, etc).
    • Where does the center stand after the dust settles - is there any chance popular opinion on some of the devisive issues can be drawn back so things can actually get done.

15. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Most Americans are disgusted with the choices we were handed. Basically we are voting for the one we loathe the least.
    If Hilary wins and the GOP keeps the majority of House and Senate she will be involved in many congressional investigations. Hilary is like Obama and the many democrats of today, they use divisive tactics and lies and trickery to get where they want to go. I'm not saying the GOP are angels but the democratic party has turned very ugly and that's why I severed my ties with them a few years ago.

If the GOP loses we lose what we have known as the USA. and if we lose I blame the trump supporters who did a stupid thing during the primaries was to vote out of anger, and not to win. Any other of the candidates would have beaten Hilary easily. My main goal in the primaries was to get a nominee that could win, which meant anyone except trump.

I think the divisiveness will get worse if she is elected because there is solid proof of her breaking laws, lying to congress and everything else ...things are going to get worse.

Second term depends on what happens during their first term so too early to say.

16. complete_

complete_ lamer

neither of these people will be getting a second term
    center shmenter

careful about saying that the media actually helped trump by reporting everything he said and thus raising recognition/support for him and thus, ratings for them. we all know the msm is rigged against him and has tried to hurt him at every turn

17. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Hillary will get a second Term because the Republican base will be destroyed after this election.

Also, yea the Media is rigged. You still don't understand what we have been saying because you still spout the same old BS that you continue to spout. Yea the MSM did help Trump because they sought to DESTROY him. They did everything in their power to try to bring him down, by over exaggerating everything he did and overanalyzing every little thing he did to make him seem like he was a crazy who COULD NOT be trusted with power. Our claim of a rigged MSM comes in almost continuous negative coverage of Trump, which still exists.

Edit: The same tactics that worked on previous Republican candidates, IE: "HE'S SEXIST!" "HE'S RACIST!" "HE'S A BIGOT!" "HE IS A WARMONGERER!" "HE HATES GAYS!" haven't worked. Notice how they went through essentially all of them and people just brushed them off because EVERY 4 years, hell even every two years, the Democrats throw this at Republicans in an attempt to destroy the candidate.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  18. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

completes response to AZK's questions doesn't even count IMO hes not an American and knows very little about the USA and whats going on here throughout the election as proven in his comments throughout this thread.

Even more than half of dems say the msm is biased against trump.

19. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

LOL good ad

20. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Gowdy Rox

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.