★UNITED STATES PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION 2016★

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Candles, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Sure, much like our Brexit. The middle classes are way more pissed with the establishment than anyone realised.
    He's assigning way too much blame to it though - Loads of things have affected US GDP in a big way, the dotcom crash and the subprime recession for example weakened the economy and had nothing to do with foreign trade arrangements.

Anyway, you can't put the Genie back in the box and any attempt to is likely to cause more harm than good.
    Technology/automation, the size of the global workforce since the former soviet unions et-al joined the trading system, the emergence of China as a growing consumer market.

I don't think Trump, Sanders or anyone else can deliver on most of those sound bites. Yes the bluecollar worker in industrialized countries has lost out in the past 3 decades on the global market - you can state that and be taken seriously by anyone. But to say you are going to roll it all back, I think it is mostly talk. I'm sure some jobs can be brought back but you can't go back to a time when Far east manufacturing was rubbish and slow.

It's not just, for example about making sure Apple share their slice of the pie - it's making sure that they do so whilst remaining competitive with Huawei, or what's the point.

75%+ of jobs that went to China are in manufacturing - those jobs are not coming back and if they do? A few million people screwing together smartphones or loading CNC machines with blocks of Ally for minimum wage isn't going to drastically change anything.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  2. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

the left's playbook never changes except for getting dirtier

3. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

It wouldn't be for minimum, tariffs would be an effective way to maintain competitive prices for companies that produce domestically, rather than foreign. It makes it more appealing to keep labor over here if the cost is going to, overall, be the same. On top of this it will help to keep our jobs here instead of having future jobs go over seas, like TPP will do.

I think automation is inevitable. However, it still is a long way off. Factory robots break down ALL the time and are very expensive because they have to be specialized. Blue Collar will be around for a while I believe, despite what people think.

Also, what you are saying, at least Trump has an idea on how to do it. Hillary is keeping basically the same policies which are driving jobs out of the US... it changes nothing and we get the same thing. Trump may not fix it 100%, but his idea is much more appealing than the same shit which cost us on trade deals.

vipervicki likes this.
  4. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Funny enough Reagan betrayed California by signing the immigration bill. Before that, it was a solid red state, after, it became solid blue.

5. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

But whats going to stop US companies paying menial workers a minimum wage despite the tarrif?

6. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

How appealing the job is, if they can get workers with the pay, great, if they can't they should pay more. Free market should settle this. If a tariff is put in place, it makes the companies here able to compete, hell, it would promote people to buy US made products once again.

7. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Oh look, Obamacare premiums are set to increase, on average in 39 states, by 25 percent with some as high as 50%. Now it's even less affordable than normal insurance would be, and you get less coverage. On top of this, now it's almost cheaper for companies to just pay the fine instead of offering insurance. Plan is still great right?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  8. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

don't forget in many states people now only have 1 insurer to choose from since Aetna humana and United healthcare pulled out..can anyone say ..monopoly???

9. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

just take the public option. Oh wait lobbyists lobbied that out just so this would happen.

11. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

12. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

13. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Just because there isn't people showing up, doesn't mean she can't win. We saw this happen with Ted Cruz in Wisconsin. No one really wanted him, but they voted him to keep Trump out. This is evidenced by his "Victory speech" which... was a giant empty ball room.

Now with the polls being officially rigged released, and George Soros voting machines illegally in 16 states, I think this election is officially going to be a shit show. Fox is now reporting on it, Virginia removed the machines and went back to paper ballots, and I am sure this trend will continue across the board. Lots of reports of the machines switching votes...

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

can someone give me bullet points on what happened last week to now? I was out of the country and preoccupied. Please try to keep it nonpartisan

15. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Sure. I'll write what happened then in parenthesis after it is my partisan take.

Multiple cases of sexual assault came out against Trump (conveniently 3 weeks before election day)

The okeefe videos dropped showing extremely dirty tactics in the HRC campaign and linking her directly to super pacs (a federal violation)

Pedesta emails came out that was sent to all msm outlets on how to rig polls with a guide.

Third debate occurred, was pretty good for both candidates, no real insulting happened, proud moment for the us.

Obama's administration confirmed rates for Obama care would increase by 25% on average.

The comedic roast of both candidates occurred where they roasted each other, was hilarious. trump turned it into a political platform (media only reported the jokes trump didn't get laughs in, they reported on the 4 jokes Hillary got people to laugh about)

The accusation of child rape against Assange was linked back to hrc through multiple big donors to a new chatroom site.

George soros voting machines have been seen switching votes, (keep in mind this man has donated hundreds of thousands to Clinton and so has his surrogate voting machines companies.) Election officials of Texas refused to respond to the allegations and walked away from reporters.

US received a MASSIVE ddos attack, accused Russia.

Claimed vote can't be rigged, just after saying Russia is going to hack machines to vote for trump.

That's about it. hasn't been much against trump other than the women who are accusing him of assault, which is being disporven for each one by linking each of the victims back to hrc campaign or family saying they are lying.

16. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I have a feeling we have different ideas about what is public and what is private life.
    Bill clinton harassing women is private life, Hillary her health is private life
    Hillary her actions as a politician are public and thats it. Nothing else is public all the rest is private. Its not because news papers report on it, or that other people know about it that makes it public. it just makes it infringement on privacy

17. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

I feel like we do have different feelings about public and private life, however I think health is public. that NEEDS to be known because we are electing those who are running, not their vp. The VP is there incase of something tragic.

However, the president for the us is also chief citizen, so they are suppose to be a role model. It's why private and public life matter more over here, maybe?

18. Paradox

So lets say you have 2 candidates; 1 has a heart condition and the other doesnt. You guys would prefer the one without? Its not because you have a disease that youll instantly die or are a bad role model. Health is private; people dont need to know every surgery one has ever had or that one has psychological councelling or what ever

19. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Valid point, but when one candidate collapses at a public event, perhaps it should be called into question.

20. Paradox

If you have heart aritmia you could have a syncope every day, doesnt mean you cant lead or are going to die

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.