Dizzy's crazy props

Discussion in 'Art' started by dizzyone, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Silk

Silk Mapper

Less talk, more props! Less talk, more props! C'mon guys, shout it !

:p

2. Caelo

Caelo Member

Less talk, more props! Less talk, more props!

3. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I guess this means that the Brenodi haven't invented gears yet then :|

4. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

I got an idea. Why not make these turrets as the turrets which you can place as commander and which you can upgrade as the MG and MS turrets.

This would be the first stage of the turret:
    http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/8927/placeholderartycannonmx0.jpg

Then there would be something in the middle and then would come this as the final stage:
    http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/229/untitled2ex7.jpg

What would be then so big about these turrets? Well. They would be artillery turrets and they could shoot all the units which MG and missile turrets can shoot now and those are infantry, vehicles and structures. These turrets could shoot over walls inside the base and they would do area damage too but they should cost much more than mg and missile turrets because they would have so much advantages. But I think making the shooting range small, cost high and balancing the damage and area effect to correct readings would make it actually quite nice turret after all.

But this is just a suggestion not a request.

5. KILLX

KILLX Banned

no offense, but it sounds like your suggesting Empires 1.071b Artillery that can be dropped and built.

6. Mr. Weedy

Umm... Yes?

That was my whole point. Make same kind of small artillery turrets which could be dropped in the same way as the engineers and the commanders do it for MG and MS turrets.

7. KILLX

KILLX Banned

maybe you dont get it. we have defenses split up into MG and ML turrets so that there is not a can-shoot-anything-on-the-ground turret. to make that type of turret, and then make it so that the only cover from it is underthings, is over kill. it would render cover useless, and be too unbalanced. this is basically unmanned artillery that blows the shit out of everything in sight.

8. Mr. Weedy

Well... Let's wait for the real artillery tanks to come in and take those turrets down. Maybe they could have also low armor so infantry could take them down too with 2-3 rockets.

Edit: Or let's make those turrets' reloading time long or make their turning speed slow because they are heavy so the firing explosion wouldn't rip their hull to pieces.

Or let's wait for 1.0.8 to be released and let's call air strike to destroy those turrets. I think those wouldn't be so SUPERIORMOTHERFUCKEOMGWTFDESTROYSEVERYTHING1337LOL -turrets.

There are so many factors which could balance those turrets and control their superiorness.

Edit II: Also this idea came up. What if those turrets couldn't shoot straight up as the artillery tanks can now. So those turrets couldn't take down the engineers right next to them when they are deconstructing turrets?

As I said there are loads of thing which can control those turrets excessive powerness.

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  9. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Arty to take down auto arty, it's hell.

10. KILLX

KILLX Banned

1.0.8 will never exist. that would be an earlier version that 1.1.
    if you ment 1.08, that will not have airstrikes unless implemented into the closed forum beta soon.
    This is what Krenzo would probably say: if you want realistic, go outside. this game does not need to fit reality. many things ahve been rejected because the realiness factor ruined it.

11. Mr. Weedy

Yeah. Meant the 1.08 or whatever it is at the moment because I messed the version with the Insects Infestation's version 1.0.8.

But no then, it was a suggestion.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

when you have been turret seiged some time you will learn how amazingly UN fun it is. there is nothing short or artilliary or nuke tanks that can stop that.

13. Caelo

Caelo Member

maybe BE soldiers should be able to get up on that ledge too...

14. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Well I'm now ready to model this mother*$(@, don't know if you're still working on your map silk :P
    Just need to optimize a few more places and itll be around 2k polies, it is kind of high, but its not gonna kill anyones pc.

[​IMG]
    It could probably use some more work, but I got other stuff to do. Hopefully Ill make it look badass with the texture :D (wish me luck)

15. KILLX

KILLX Banned

would you, by any chance, be able to optimize a 16'000+ poly model? plz?

16. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

It is best to learn yourself :p

17. Silk

Silk Mapper

I'm spending a lot of time on it actually. Not because it's an awesome map, but because i'm new, and once i've done a few area's i'm not satisfied with it, and have to start over. :mad:

So yes, i can still use it! And i could use a lot more actually. I could make a list of models i could use ;)
    But let's not ... unless you get bored offcourse.

18. dizzyone

hah im always up for more practice, but I already got a lot of other stuff planned to make after this (im that slow), but you can always request something, and I might get to it sometime, but for right now im still busy doing this one.

19. dizzyone

Before you think I stopped making the model, I was doing some stuff inbetween, and mostly fucking around with the arty model but the texture is almost done!. I wanted to actually post a picture of the texture, but the texture still looks like shit, so instead Im just doing another status report on ze ARTY:
    [​IMG]
    The lower one is how it looks now, and ill stop fucking with it now ^^

20. Silk

Silk Mapper

Don't worry i've got time. I'm taking a brake myself untill 1.08 is released. Everytime i use some textures or models they magically disappear after i've installed the next RC, so i decided to wait for the release.

looking good though!