★UNITED STATES PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION 2016★

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Candles, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Not factually true anymore. Supreme court precedent shows that in Texas v. White states can not secede under any circumstance. However, the states does hold the right to break up into three different states should it so choose.

The constitution of Texas states that it is bound to the Constitution of the US, not to the presidency or anything else.

2. Deiform

Deiform Member

Man Texas leaving would cause all sorts of hassle. I thought Brexit would be bad, imagine those kinds of negotiations when you have to undo nearly 200 years of integration.

3. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

It'd probably be civil war to be honest. I can't think of any president who would willingly let the state go, if it could. It is too vital to the union and one of the few states that actually pay into the system.

4. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

dt you are incorrect about Texas v. White
    https://www.texassecede.com/faq.php

: Didn’t the U.S. Supreme Court decision in Texas v. White prove that secession is unconstitutional?
    A:
    No. For space considerations, here are the relevant portions of the Supreme Court's decision in Texas v. White:
    The Texas v. White case is often trotted out to silence secessionist sentiment, but on close and contextual examination, it actually exposes the unconstitutional, despotic, and tyrannical agenda that presumes to award the federal government, under color of law, sovereignty over the people and the states.

5. complete_

complete_ lamer

vicki used an opinion to "prove" something

you know, the thing she says i do

6. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Land of the free everybody

7. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

By allowing people who oppose something on the basis of religion to opt out of taxes, or worse... make people who are not conforming to that religion worse off by not supporting them on the basis of OTHERS religion you are effectively as a state picking a religious side.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion

9. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I never said that they should opt out of paying taxes.. SHEEEESH I said it should not be funded with taxpayers money!!!!!

I don't appreciate my words and meaning being twisted into something I never meant or said.
    do you know what Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion means???

Simply put, it means Congress cannot establish a government-run religion

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  10. complete_

complete_ lamer

blizzerd likes this.
  11. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

if that's true, then I agree its disgusting and glad it was denied.

12. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

It also means I am going to be opting out though I support choice. Because I am cheap

13. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

So some clarity on abortion/first amendment/taxpayers
    1. Federals dollars are prohibited for use to pay for abortions due to the Hyde Amendment except in the case or rape, incest, or to save the life of the woman. So technically, while some taxpayer money is going to abortion, I find it hard to see how 'force a woman to carry a baby from their rapist or would threaten their life' is a morally religious choice.

2. The first amendment applies specifically to religious institutions, not religious or spiritual beliefs of everyone. This generally means that churches/synagogues/mosques/etc aren't taxed and the official leaders (i.e. priests/rabbis/imams/etc) are exempt from a number of laws. However, that doesn't mean that simply being a member of a religion means you get a religious belief exemption from things the government does that you oppose. Otherwise, you'd have people claiming first amendment rights to not pay for things such as the military or death penalty executions (for those with religious beliefs against killing).

flasche and Donald Trump like this.
  14. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

you cant opt out of paying taxes azk....unless you wanna go to jail if caught..then yeah
    and that section of the first ammendment has to do with not allowing the govt to make its own religion, nothing about citizens or opting out.

15. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Eh, yea, it does, and it has to do with far far more...

Government doesnt have to start its own religion, it could for example decide that these fucking muuslims are invading our cuntrey and we need a wall and we need to shut that thing down for mudslimes until we know what the hell is going on.

thats picking a side, and against the constitution...

but also giving one religion tax exception while another does not, or for example letting one decide tax law through what they deem is comfortable to them... like you are suggesting.

16. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I never said that.

17. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

As far as I am aware, keeping a group of people out of the US is not unconstitutional so long as it is in the interest of keeping the country safe.

18. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Whaaaat? Well looks like I better go speak to my accountant.

19. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Well, you can by losing nearly a billion dollars....

20. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Which is perfectly legal because of stupid loopholes in our tax code. Nothing illegal and I don't think you can really dock him points for trying to get out of paying taxes... I am sure you, as a US citizen Scardy, try to pay as little in taxes as possible by taking as many deductions as you can.

vipervicki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.