2.42?

Discussion in 'General' started by MetricMike, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Fission is fast enough, it has decent dissipation, just decent for tank battle.
    Combined with ER, they make Physics a pretty viable tree now.
    If I want ML, I'd just go for Bio ML.

There's really nothing much in Electrical.

2. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

I agree.
    Fission has added a new level of balance and provides us more options. Electrical is not useless - since it is faster than fission. You just have to decide how fast is fast enough.

Does anyone have the numbers to compare ER vs HE ?

I just get the "feeling" that ER is quite a bit less effective than HE at close range. Obviously ER is superior at long range although I wonder which is more effective if you make contact with each every time, or close up ?

And to always end with an AWESOME comment. I don't think Awesome has learned that upgraded turrets are ideal on every map yet. Well - we're having fun though.

We even had some singing last night:
    APC - 123 - just you and me, who will be, when you visit me, we will see...

3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

You wouldn't stick with reactive forever. ohgad tell your team to suck dick if they are begging for lvl3 turrets. Railgun is shit. Guided is shit + ping. Homing is good but Bio ML is also great, 3 phase is good but now we have fission back.

ER has higher damage per min, more ammo, lower heat gen, require lesser brain usage(linear trajectory) than HE.
    HE has higher damage per shot, splash damage.
    ER rules? No, splash damage rules.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  4. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

ER requires teamwork or varied weaponry.
    He does everything on its own. Its like using a bot to play the game.

5. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Anyone else that didnt click the link before reading the post have a dirty mind? :D

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

ER is awesome for a support/DPS tank if you can consecutively land the shots. It needs backup to be really effective though (imo)

7. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I can has both ER and HE?

8. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

I agree with all above except on thing which requires you to try it.

Tank Training - NF gets their asses handed to them by BE. NF HE + dual BIO is not good enough to fight BE duel HE + anything. BUT RAILS and anything else is very decent. If you can hit the opposing tank it is fairly equal to HE. Only major downside is that it reloads weapons a lot slower than HE. I tend to use two tanks - dump one on the repair bay and drive the waiting one which is fully armed, all the while begging for ammo to be dropped. That is a major slowdown - and removes any advantage you might think you have with rails vs HE. That's as close as I've seen NF compete with BE tank to tank on a non-com map.

Just my opinion.

Vinnie

9. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

That is funny ! I didn't know what you mean't until I reread my post.
    Thanks for the laugh.

10. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I don't know if its a good idea to say this but it is faster to go through the vehicle menu to customize the tank(without actually changing anything) to resupply rail cannons. You still have to wait for armor to repair, but it is definitely faster then waiting for rails to rearm themselves. It just requires a repair pad to do it, which means you have to run back to base and waste some time with that. So in that regard HE/ Extended range are always gonna be a better weapon to push with.

Rails are still the best weapon to kill other tanks with though.

11. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Shhhh - don't tell people that. I do know that and on occasion will get caught by an HE heavy while armor is down, which is a huge disadvantage being NF over BE. Choosing a weapon that has such a large disadvantage unbalances BE over NF. Even if the dual HE BE and dual Rail NF tanks are exactly equal during fighting - use of rails disadvantages NF.

12. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

The cannons taking longer to reload thing will be rebalanced in the next patch hopefully.

13. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

What?:confused:

14. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

So now BE will be able to own NF even harder?

15. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

To beat a dead horse: BE has a definite advantage - even if perceived will cause those reading these forums (Vets) to play BE, and stack against NF. That alone will unbalance the game. I know when I play NF I always focus the team on winning before BE gets heavies or we are doomed. I play both sides ALOT and COM both sides - either I am missing the key ingredient to make NF as strong as BE or it's just unbalanced.

I don't care if guys say NF Rifleman is as good as BE, the scope blocks my view of a player and I have to guess where he is while firing. I can follow him easier with a BE rifle on my 27" 1080p screen. I abandoned trying to play NF rifleman in district yesterday due to this and went gren and got a lot fewer kills than I normally would. I will make a video showing both if anyone doubts this.

I do notice that without the regular guys who normally COM - the game falls apart. Newbs start jumping in the COM vehicle and everyone quits. That happened this weekend. We need a way of signifying someone as COM capable - more guys friending those COM's and inviting them to play. This can be signified by the number of times a player has won as COM vs number of times played on the COM vote screen. This will enable new players to know who to vote for as well.

16. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Not to negate the point, but if you are aiming on district past 2.12, you are doing it wrong.

17. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Sorry I don't understand this comment ? Can you clarify? How else would I fire a rifle but to aim? When I say AIM - I'm referring to the right click - sights, not the firing with cross hairs.

18. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

thats what zoom meant. since empires shows you a xhair (hint disable visible spread in your cfg it helps a lot) you dont need AdS, just control fire more, single shots in rapid succession.

19. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

OK - I will look into "disable visible spread", but I don't know what AdS is. By AdS I assume you mean the right click aiming of the rifle ?

Try aiming both methods at a wall to see why I right click and rack up high kill scores on District.

20. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

No, I never use that shit, by never I mean less than 50 times in last 8 years.
    Racking up kills at some actually good rifleman's face and I might give you a prop.

Ironsight sacrifices your mobility.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013