2.42?

Discussion in 'General' started by MetricMike, Sep 5, 2013.

1. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

True dat - but to progress, District is one of the first and easiest maps to focus on the weapon and not the map. There are fairly few options on where and how you can fight. It's mostly head to head and rush style map. So as a training ground to get newbs to keep from sitting back and teaching them to smartly rush and play as a member of a team, it is good. It teaches you more about when to use grenade as rifleman, how to aim mortar as grendier and many other things.

A lot of people hate it since they don't know all of those things yet. Guys that are great at riflemen own you on that map. Engineer squad leaders prove to be on the button fast as well. So I consider it a great design that takes time to appreciate.

1 vs 1 with All Talk on is a lot of fun too.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I swear I'd pay real money for the ability to slap the shit out of you over the internet.

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

No man, the true training ground is a boxy comm map like canyon or coast. District teaches you how to nadespam and crouch.

4. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Seriously - WHY ?

You continue to make no sense. Somehow my attempts to help newbs cause you to get pissed off.

5. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

I've seen newbs go into a corner of Canyon - build a wall and just sit behind the wall laying down trying to keep from dieing. It was funny when a vet walked over after 20 minutes and shot them both. After they spawned they crawled into a hole near main with the rifles to wait to be run over.

But - each map teach's them something different. Dick-Street is simple, they really can't just hole up and hide. They are forced to work with the team. They can't really screw the team if they don't contribute since there is no building of things. It's like the first map they should play, then move onto other maps.

Hey I think I have my first quote I should add to my tag like from Zoom.

Zoom: "I swear I'd pay real money for the ability to slap the shit out of you over the internet."

6. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

What is wasting tickets? What is camping? It is the last map anyone should ever play, and by that I mean that players should play the map after they've learned how to play the game properly so that they don't get a false sense of how to play the game. Same goes for rainbowroad and octagons, they are maps that people like to play to chill out after playing intense matches on real maps, not maps that actually display the real game. It's run forward, shoot, die, over and over again. That isn't even fun.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  7. Z100000M

Because you are serious when giving praise to what is a really shit map.
    Options? A grand total of two.
    Implying you actually see any teamwork past an occasional revive.
    Calling anything else than being clumped up during a push a "smart rush".
    You do not lear to aim the mortar on district. Its a melee map. There is little to none prediction/skill element here.
    Riflemen tactics are limited to w+m1, occasional |ctr|a;m1;d .
    Fucking nade/mortar spam.

You also consider a bend straight line great desing.

District is not how you learn to play empires. Its application ends on getting the general feel of weapons and a rare reflex training.

8. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Security approved.

Anyway, squad works are to be learned in comm maps.
    It's definitely not a good idea if you let a completely new player play District as his first map, that kind of infantry combat, is only a small part of Empires.

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

wow you limits for walls of text are low security ^^

10. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

A wall of text is 2 paragraphs with no spacing.

That was 8 short sentences.

11. Z100000M

Yeah, it was mayama-grade writing there.

12. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Yeah, you guys are right.
    I should quote the whole stuff, just so you guys can read that masterpiece again, because it's definitely too much work to find out which reply I am quoting.
    *ohboyherewego, derail detected*

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Instead of "wall of text" you should just use "post". Works much better.

14. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I know this is an extremely delayed reply, but screw you guys I have a rebuttal! Somewhere. Even though it's about something that was now ages ago. Oh, here it is:
    Man, I wish I had more time to play empires this semsester :|
    I miss playing against JustGoFly... best. rival. ever.

15. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I sense a bromace!

one of my favourite commander wins ever was winning on canyon in a little 7v7, turret pushing with a squad of people I had never seen before. It was so simple but beautiful to watch these guys going like clockwork.

16. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Hey - excellent response on LVL 3's. I hate to see that you have used them quite a few games against me. They will work for a while, but eventually you have to rely on your team.

AzK - I loved that game that we chased them around the map with LVL 3's. But key was to keep them from maintaining a base or refineries and it did require a few decent players to follow orders. I love playing with guys I can rely on to kill spawn - like Creeper, ScRaT, Kyro and many more vets. I may have to resort to Awesome's tactics on newbie games. He has tortured us with LVL 3's in the past - normally him coming in and building a row of them himself. He is my most difficult commander to fight against, he knows my tactics and how to combat them.

Awesome - I love you man.