Arma II (DayZ) 40% off - £15, €15, $18

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trickster, Jul 21, 2012.

1. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

How about we make the base multidimensional, let's just put some tents on other servers in exactly the same location. Split loot up a bit.

Is noone scared that bicycle-wheels are HOT on thermal vision?

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

How about I find their base, kill them all, proceed to plow over all their shit, hide all their bodies, take all their shit that's left and dump it in the water.

3. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

These wheels got altered from car wheels to bicycle wheels, tho do such a thing enormous pressures are needed which produces heat, thus glowing wheels, though that's just stupidly obvious I hoped the bike would be more sneaky

I would like to see the SVU-A ingame. :pathetic:

4. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

I meant, make OUR base split on multible servers. Fuck up their base to your liking. How about flattening THEIR tents and lighting ~100 campfires + extra wood inside the fires, so they last :|ove:

5. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

You can go up to 50km/h with those bikes if I remember? They're hot!

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

50kmh on a bike are an interesting feeling.

7. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Swim to Skalisty Island and server hop = Tents with AS50 and herricoptar.

[​IMG]

8. LordDz_2

I haven't played DayZ, but if I understand it correct, you can loot from one server then play on another?

So in short.. You could start your own server, loot everything there and then join another with people and still keep your equipment?

9. Trickster

Setting up a server is difficult. The developers essentially demand access to your server, and you can't set it less than 40 players or password it. You do see servers with less than 40 players and passwords, but I don't know how. Our server (that we play on) actually has 20 slots but it's very much the exception.

But yes, you can cycle through various servers and spawn in the same spot to get high-end loot, but if it's map-spawned loot (as opposed to player tents) then it will probably despawn because you're too close on joining. If you're going for player tents then you run the risk of getting shot and killed before you even spawn. It's happened to me.

10. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

11. Trickster

Found base.
    Stole from base.
    Exploded base.

The latter being thanks to Vulkanis going "WHAT DOES THIS BUTTON DO" and detonating the satchel charges we stole in the middle of their camp.

12. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

It was a dark night. I was cold and hungry, fearing that I was soon to die, if not from hunger than from blood loss for I was halfway to death; a single hit away from unconsciousness. I searched high and low for food, crawling on my stomach and running with the wind in search of sustenance. Drink I could find, soda being in no short supply for me. In search of food though, all I found were empty tin cans. Running out of hope, I looked for another city, hiking through the woods and hills. But alas, it was no good. The city was filled with zombies, I had no chance to get out alive if I even made it inside. Dejected, I hung my head and turned around to try and search for another city.

And that's when I saw it.

A sow, a cow, a beautiful beast grazing in the fields. Though I wish that I could have met it under easier terms, I knew I had no choice. With one fell swoop, I swung my hatchet at its neck, severing the spinal cord and killing it instantly. Going about my gruesome task, I set about to butchering it, knowing that wasting any amount of time could cost me my life. Heading back into the forest, I quickly made a campfire and prepared my meal. How sweet and juicy it was, a warm meal after countless nights surviving after the scrapings from old cans.

I shall never forget that cow. I gave it a name, Bess, because I shall always be thankful for that cow and hope that it is grazing on the greenest grass in the calmest pastures.

Yeah. Found a cow, killed it, SO MUCH MEAT! Like 12 pieces of it, which can heal from almost nothing to almost full when all of it is cooked and eaten.

13. Trickster

It gives 8, and they're a godsend. Just store up an emergency tent full of cooked meat and soda cans in the area where you play. A few medical supplies like morphine and painkillers. It'll probably get raided but no-one will take it all, and it might save you one day.

14. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

So Arma 2's super sucky points are:
    * Incredible lag between players
    * You can raid other players stuff
    * Hard to find food.

What are the good points?

15. LordDz_2

That's DayZ you're playing. Not the game.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  16. Trickster

That's DayZ, and apart from the first point, the latter 2 points are positives.

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The actual ArmA 2's sucky points are
    *The occasional 12 year old with a mic (Empires has left me with the false notion that mic users have useful things to say and have normal voices)
    *People who can't fly helicopters for some reason and crash them right at the start.
    *People who crash the wreck chopper.

If anyone can't fly helos or jets they are extreme noobs at the game.

18. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

What!?

19. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

yeah i was going to write the same. maybe theres some other empiresmod we all dont know about? ^^

20. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

The only thing that annoys me in DayZ is the amount of bugs bugs bugs, you're not supposed to bleed after 1 single hit, one's supposed to bleed after repeated hits, aka at least a second hit by a zombie, water eating all your shit, getting unconscious sometimes after long times from relogging, graphical artifacts, spawning at the beach instead of at the point you left, backpacks getting eaten by cloth, items getting eaten by backpacks, glitched vehicles, breaking your single bone on about everything from slightly touching, batshit easy to wallhack and most of em all duping everywhere with everything. Pathfinding for Zombies is meh but w/e not even at the point it would need fixing before final.
    But honestly, for an alpha it's excelent, it could easily count as beta already imo. :|ove:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012