Infiltration Round 1: Dire Straits

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Jun 23, 2012.

?

Did you enjoy this round?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  1. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

ohhhhhh, so as you find more base crew, you bring them together. That's pretty smart.

2. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Except the first base crew I scouted was AFK (blizzerd), the second, an infiltrator, was killed (Trickster), the third (Brutos) was killed, and I died the night I went to scout Ikalx.

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I totally didn't get any of the clues - especially the ones about me. My mind just doesn't really work in meta, and I usually focus on who just doesn't make sense - especially since i've only had one class, twice out of all my rounds, and both times it's been as infiltrator.

I don't think i've ever been voted out of the game, though. I'm sure that'll change :p

I definitely think the commander is a weird mechanism, but I do like the scout...just don't know if it should work like that. It's waaay too difficult or easy for the scout to find infils, and I think maybe it should work like on the 2nd or 3rd night, the scout "finds" (is given the name of) one random non-infil, instead. And then they can work on the defense or it can be used against them as an infil trick.

Grenadier was awesome though. I like it much more than rifleman...though I can't remember if the target (non-infil) is spared. If they are, they shouldn't be - so it could be a two-edged sword when it does work. Or more like vengeance.

Some things were crazy this game, but I do feel it was more towards afks and a lack of interest, which shouldn't happen in the next. Also I kinda like an OOC thread, for the trolling or whatever, and keep the main thread for more focused stuff...maybe.

Whatever, it was well run anyway, and thanks for the story segments Empty, they were pretty good :)

4. Empty

Empty Member

I didn't like the complexity of gren but if you all like it so much I might include it again.

5. Empty

Empty Member

Candles knew that Trickster knew that Candles knew that Trickster knew that Candles knew that Trickster knew that Candles knew that Trickster knew that Candles knew that Trickster knew that Candles knew that Trickster knew that Candles knew that Trickster knew that Candles knew that Trickster knew that Candles knew that Trickster knew that Candles knew that Trickster knew that Candles knew that Trickster knew that Candles knew that Trickster knew that Candles knew that Trickster knew that Candles knew that Trickster knew that

6. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I dunno, might just be me. I like the difficulty in it, though. It only works if that person is hit, and it doesn't save them but does kill an infiltrator. I guess it's a sure-kill on infs, but only triggers if they go for your guy.

Hmm...maybe in that way it's more dangerous to infs than riflemen... in which case, i'd withdraw support for it.

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

What Candles was trying to do is assume stuff into infinity. For me, at +3 level of though, a person that knows that the other person is a lvl3 as well, he will know there is no way of knowing, and will just flip a fucking coin.

8. Empty

Empty Member

Yeah it just didnt play very well to me, it felt like a dodgy instakill medic.

I'll definitely be throwing in the veteran class and the sergeant class next round though.

9. Z100000M

You mean like those detailed on the mafia wiki?

Sergeats as in guys that know of another one that is also a Sergeant?
    That class seems like a weird one-shot scout variaton to me.

10. Empty

Empty Member

Never seent his wiki but yeah, they know one other persons role (it isn't mutual)

Just because it's a downgrade of scout doesn't mean it's not a fun class to play with.
    Restriction breeds creativity.

11. Z100000M

Never said its not fun to play, I never played as one.
    Empty, please stop assuming hostility when none is to be found.

12. Empty

Empty Member

It's you that's assuming hostility when none is to be found. :P

Also I just finished a nightshift so my comprehension skills are funky yo.

13. Z100000M

Well, maybe it is only me, but when I see people spending >5 mins on a reply to try to prove my ~perfectly normal response wrong , it seems like they are trying to make me look like a fool.
    Also, pm.

14. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

z100000m you forgot to turn defensive stance off!

15. complete_

complete_ lamer

zoom is a infil. too defensive, vote him

16. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

"That class seems like a weird one-shot scout variaton to me."

This sentence may be construed as argumentative or disruptive, because of the way it's phrased and cultural convention.

Not really your fault, though.

17. Z100000M

Well, I always try not to sound like an utter dickwad when expressing my doubts, but I see where are you coming from.

Ed: Also, dear and respected gentlemen, after much consideration, go screw yourselves, I like turling my way to victory. :D

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  18. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I Am Biscuit, Fear Me!

19. Z100000M

Biscuits got nothing on my splendid pack of crumpets.

I derailed this thread at least 3 times now. Shame on you.

20. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Sconce?