Infiltration Round 1: Dire Straits

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Jun 23, 2012.

?

Did you enjoy this round?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Well, this is twice the bs for me.

First, please abstain for using clues that are about yourself empty. I would never ever put on par with trickster (mainly because I stopped playing a while ago). Maybe once you were, maybe now you are , how is anyone that doesn't play supposed to know that. No skill level clues in the future is you are so kind.

Second is kind of my own blunder as I disabled pretty much every sig and avatar I could with the adblock. I think some people do that as well, considering some avatars are a fucking eyesore. I knew you said hints can relate to them, but having 3 do just that is somewhat a bad move.

Apparently Crew won because of sheer luck and fucking conicidence. Kind of gay if you ask me. I'll still take it though.

Where the hell are Dz's hints?
    And please do a little more research next time on clan relations if you intend to use them. The CW ties implied me way more than they did ikalx. I still do not know how I wasn't lynched after that.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  2. Z100000M

Paradox got killed first night. I know that bitter taste in ones mouth after that.
    Oh wait..

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I tied advanced vocabulary used when killing Brutos to Ikalx as he was the only one from CW that is a native English speaker and in the game. Completely missed the clue yet I guessed the target ;) Shame I didn't use it, again.

4. Empty

Empty Member

1) Not everyone will get all clues. If you don't play you won't get clues about ingame behaviour, if you don't know a person you'll have difficulty figuring out clues about them.
    2) If you turn avatars and sigs off it's your own fault, I write about what I see and my empires forum is completely standard (although posts per page is upped to like 50)
    3) I didn't write hints for Dz because infils were losing, to keep them in the game.

5. Empty

Empty Member

Most dialogue I write is written as that person would say it, most of the time.
    So that's a perfectly valid clue.

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I was complimenting you.

As I said to Empty, I have no idea how I'm associated with rifleman, it's probably the class I play least.

7. Z100000M

That's not what exactly what I meant. Clues such as communism is a know gren whore, trickster bosses people around, that guy with a nick starting with H is a terrible commander are fine. Whats bad is when you get into weird detail like "trickster is good with becar". Yeah, maybe he is, but so are like 20% or more of the players.
    And like i said , 2nd is somewhat my own fault, I disagree with the ratio of other clues: avatar clues.

8. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

You didn't?
    You said something about "Trap inside", which I can't find due the search function of this forum not working properly.

And also, gotta love that we lost one person due to ghosting. That's why I always rage when someone joins spectator during a scrim, because just one word can cause so much damage :)
    Also, in the future, can we have a forum dedicated to this only available to the infiltrators? That way it'll be a lot easier for them to keep track of their conversations.

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Good to know then, that helps.

@Zoom Empty didn't mention BECAR in the whole dialogue, someone else has made it up.

10. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

More Infiltration Where I Dont Die Round 1 Plox.

11. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

I didn't trust anybody. The only person I ever tried to get in contact with was blizzerd, but he went AFK the night-after I found out he was base crew.

After I realized that a silent scout is useless, I eventually committed to suicide - in that, I was going to figure out people's classes for the next 3 nights, post, then wait to die. My certain death would bring nothing but validity to my points, or should I have not died immediately, lynching/killing any of my targets would prove my verity.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  12. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Unfortunately, I think that's the best way to play the scout. It's not very fun.

13. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

That's only thinkable if Hamster also plays. Then HE gets killed in Round 1.

14. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I disagree. The way you should play scout is to just create a counter-infiltrator team. It's arguably the most powerful class in the game. You can essentially find base crew and then club them all together.

15. Z100000M

D, I am seriously disappoint.
    That was an example.

16. Z100000M

You kind of have to make them believe you, and since you have no evidence..

17. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Find an infiltrator, find some base crew, tell them the infiltrator is an infiltrator and that if you're lying, then they can lynch you.

18. Z100000M

I highly doubt any of the more brainy people would believe that.

19. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Or just loudly exclaim that you are the scout after you have checked someone and they seem slightly suspicious, then obnoxiously ask for doctor to target you at night. That's all sheriffs do on first night in SC2.

20. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Well then, their assumption would have to be that the player that gave them the information is either

a. A scout
    b. An infiltrator sacrificing another for their trust
    c. A person getting outside information
    d. A person getting extremely lucky with their guesses.

The first one is very likely, the second one is quite unlikely, the third one is incredibly unlikely and the fourth is almost impossible.

And as this round had shown, people aren't that bright. However, I must state that I did think that Trickster was the infiltrator from Grant's death, among other things, because it was really that obvious. Too obvious for Trickster to be the infiltrator. But I knew Trickster wasn't a dumbass, he wouldn't kill someone because they were saying his name, unless he wanted us to think he was being framed. Which meant that if Grant died after saying something so obvious, then Trickster would've killed him with the intention that Grant's death would be interpreted as the Infiltrators framing Trickster, meaning Trickster was the Infiltrator.

But this can be furthered argued by assuming Trickster is even smarter and that Infiltrators wanted us to think that he was being framed for something he did, and then argued that he therefore could not be the Infiltrator. In the end, such further jumps take quite a small continuation to reach, rendering such a clue null.