summer league

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Grantrithor, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

and you're a fuck hole.

2. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Hate to step into this catfight, but having captains is much easier and fair, because they'll be brutally honest about a players skill. But either way, i'm making the signup sheet now.

3. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

Yeah there is a random system for such things... Auto-assign.

I dunno. We have a captain system too. They assemble their team and deploy them from match to match. Aka clans.

So lets now go back to the earlier idea, a clan based tournament. come on bitches, lets start like mid-late july. Take a few weeks for the re-animated and upstart clans to prepare, vet clans to warm up and for the forum to bang out the details here.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  4. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

you know if cw is in, and then add @@@ and even OC, we have an 8 team tournament. All these groups can field 11. I know it sucks for the big clans, but it would be a reasonable compromise for all and good for the game.

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

watching grant and wmg makes me want to reconsider if it would be a good idea. im not interested in drama shit again ...

6. KayossZero

KayossZero Member

Too bad this mod seems to flock a great ratio wise of drama queens compared to most games.

Only WoW, Gamefaqs, IGN's comments and Steam forums can hope to have more drama per person.

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Captains? Really?

Don't make the same mistakes as the last "empires organized league"-like thing. Trickster and Bsid oldfags combine into substance with power of RDX and stability of nitroglicerin.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  8. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Devouwrawr his system withcaptains and picking is by far the best, all the other ideas are retarded and or wont work. Captains and we pick, dont be retarded.

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

itt: paradox is deciding what should be considered retarded ...

10. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

captains will just be a lot cleaner, and we have done it in server during a pug once

11. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

This works for a pug. But this won't hold up for multiple weeks. Not trying to naysay, just realistically speaking clans have a hard time showing up consistently. Why would we expect these created teams to have any cohesion. Yeah wmg, grant, deadpool, fn are going to show up and work together week in and week out.

12. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Same as up.
    Voting is just useless, no matter what you will end up with trickster and fn for sure, and some 2 burger lovers that abuse their mics the most and can com.

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Or we could do this as a clan league, which is pretty easy to organize because the teams are already made. The stragglers can be put in a team of their own, or add them to other clans so we can get 20 or even 25 man teams across all clans. That or we have four people who agree to command the games to choose the teams, so good comms would be the captains. Also if we have it so that every team has to play each team twice (like most sports leagues), then one game would be home for one team, then home for the other. By that I mean that if EPIC was going against consortium, The first game would be home for EPIC and done on a Euro server, second game is home for consortium so the game is played on an American server. That is if there are major continental differences between teams.

14. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I made a thread on this like a year ago, but we never had active enough clans to do anything with it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw (each team takes 1 round out of 2), 0 for a loss.

15. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

yes. This

16. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

oh yeah I remember this, but then BSID and JPL suddenly had a bitch off and then consortium was created. Ima link it in the other thread.

17. FN198

FN198 Member

note: pubbers/multiclanners shall have no place on the battlefield roster of any clan league match.

just use a system like this (assuming 6 participants)

assign each clan a random unique number (livestream a diceroll or something)

standardize a team size for the scrims. double round classic matches with a single round conquest tiebreaker in case of a tie.

use the clan numbers to match clans for scrims, lowest v highest, second lowest v second highest etc

then the three clans emerging victorious from the previous rounds all play each other. 1 point for each victory

if at the end one clan is victorious against both other clans they win the tournament. if each clan loses once and wins once then everyone can hit the bar and be friends

18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

thats what I said, do a clan league because organisation is instant, but nooooooo.

19. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Member

Put me in if it is not too late.

20. Magnus_

Magnus_ Member