summer league

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Grantrithor, Jul 1, 2011.

1. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

A clan league is stupid for a community with less than an half dozen active clans at vastly different skill levels. There is a reason why it will be a group/captain-based league.

How irony. This is coming from Consortium's FN. By the way, there are still a few people in |.\\ that are in EPIC or STILL in JPL. Check out your own steamgroup, fool. Stop playing APB:R with Axeman all day long and lead your clan.

2. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

There are 5 active clans while the league devourrawr has set up only has 4 teams, so argument invalid.

3. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

"Active clans" is being used kinda carelessly there. You think EnT, MEG, and JPL can scrim regularly, along with EPIC and |.\\, and get the numbers without ringers? One of the reasons we need less groups is because clans alone aren't "active enough.' Also, you totally glanced over the "vastly different skill levels" part :p

Argument Still Stands

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

k cool

5. FN198

FN198 Member

and the mod will fall.

i don't see anything ironic about my position. in fact i started the movement against undecided players. consortium matters aren't your business, you need not discuss them. if the community was able enough to organize a clan tournament, |.\\ would participate with a team of decided players.

6. MegEvan

MegEvan Member

The only reason why we don't have a clan tournament is because clans are afraid to officially lose.

7. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

With the exception of Paradox and Tricky, that's not the reason why. It is pointless to pin two different clans with far different skill level together. Aside from the players that get a boner for simply winning a game (not naming names...), it is no fun playing an easy game. Secondly, there is nothing for the lesser clan to learn (e.g. You need to learn to crawl first before you join the Special Olympics). Lastly, it is a clan moral killer to lose repeatedly and/or in a way that shows, frankly, you are really bad at this game. I would say a majority of competitive gaming clans die from unrealistic expectations during their first match.

The current problem right now is that there is a monopoly of good players in 2-3 semi-active clans. There are quite a few reasons for that, but there is no way for anyone else to join that "tier" of vet clans unless you can grow in a friendly environment that encourages development. Sadly, this is Empires Mod.

In short, "clan league" will simply be organized scrims between the same two clan pairs. That's not a league. More organized PUGs or micro-league (smaller, 5v5s in PUGs or pubs) would be far better.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

microleague? do you think this shit is battlegrounds 2?

9. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

BG2? Is that all you think about? Microleague is an old idea from ounin a while back. We had many of the squads arranged but there was no will to organize any further.

10. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

That's because no one organized a game, or said lets play this day or some shit. Anyways BG2 is better than empires imo the players actually have an attention span.

11. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

EPIC are scrimming EnT this Saturday. And I am literally scraping the barrel for active players. Slade, Deif, Xya, Predator, Disposable and Lawliet all unavailable, and half the players I'm fielding currently have 0 Empires hours logged. It's not a case of not wanting to lose, it's a case of wanting to play on even terms. And if the other team plays Empires, and my team doesn't, then they aren't even terms. I just cannot get players into Empires at the moment. None of them are interested, they all got sick of it after autospot. You may laugh, but you have no idea how horrible autospot was for us. It took 90% of the enjoyment away, totally removing any stealth aspect of the game. And in the next patch, which is getting nearer and nearer each day, it's gone. And then I hope, really hope, that the patch saves us from dying out. Because at the moment, it doesn't look good.

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Son empires has been dead as of late, you can tell because the teams are now 90% month old noobs nowadays. Anyways I thought you were using you're newer team, which I guessed would have been the more active one because they are newer players.

13. Trickster

I'm using whatever players I can actually get, if I can even get enough. There will be a few new ones like Reznov though.

14. complete_

complete_ lamer

is that stupid feature (that i dont remember) that was in 2.31 in the next release?

edit: kill assists

15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

assist lol.

Trickster you should get ringers from other clans then, I really want to scrim EPIC and I'm fine if it isn't 100%.

16. Trickster

No, we'll scrim with just EPIC, even if we played with less players. But as I said, it'll be a lot of inactives, like Zeke & enDs.

17. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

trickster, your players clocked more hours overall, ent clocked more this month etc, its pretty even I think allthough experience is on your side. Just want to have a good organized game with ent this time last time was a total disaster for us dont care if we win or lose.

18. Trickster

Empires hours:

26 EnT members: 557.2 hrs
    49 EPIC members: 467.6 hrs
    61 JPL members: 306.8 hrs
    43 |.\\ members: 73.6 hrs
    23 BSID members: 91.5 hrs
    54 CW members: 217.3 hrs
    58 MEG members: 803 hrs

Overall is irrelevant unless they're active.

19. complete_

complete_ lamer

bsid is more active than consortium

20. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

dayumm EnT is the most active clan, and consortium are all bitching about wanting to scrim even though they managed to dead more than BSID.