i got banned for wallhacking

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by communism, May 11, 2011.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

aww id love to compair ips ...

2. Marshall Mash

Marshall Mash 3D Artist

First thing that crossed my mind.

3. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Dont match.

Also WalMartGreeter you are awesome <3.

Nightmare how the heck do you manage to become such easy trollbait?

4. communism

communism poof

my favorite part
    YA BRO I JUS BEEN CHILLIN ON THE NET SINCE LIKE 93`, YA I KNOW I KEEP IT REAL. WE KEEP IT REAL, WAIT WTF IS A TROLL

5. communism

communism poof

not gonna lie
    I either pissed my self or spilt beer

6. Zeke

Zeke Banned

So.... your clan is from 93 ya say...?

Sooo.... what did you play in 93?

DOOM 1?
    D&D?

rofl

Hey nightmare, wtf were your "oldest gaming community and clan in existence" playing on 56kb modems (or worse) alllll the way back in 93?

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Not true, just saying that they're really for use within boundaries. Move the turret limit from anywhere between 12 and 48 (On some servers it's defaulting to 50 which is a bit weird, but an extra 2 isn't the end of the world). Move the wall limit anywhere between 32 and 128, building limit can be whatever really. It's not a case that we'd ever stop people from going higher, nor would we enforce limits to stop people going higher, because we go outside those limits for testing. But once you start going outside those limits for conventional gameplay, you hit serious problems. People can argue that they don't, that they know better and that it works fine, but between the members of the development team, all the way back to when Empires was started, that's 7 years of Empires experience, vs less than 7 weeks.

Realistically, double resources just make resources worthless. If a server wants to do that, it might suck, and it won't help the game, but it will by no means entirely destroy it. Faster research causes GUI mismatches and misleads people, but again, won't destroy it. But add such an insane turret limit to it, and it effectively makes the game unplayable. Most of the settings on that server aren't fantastic, but they can be played with, and other servers have (although they never survived long) managed to make them work slightly. But it's the insane turret limit that destroys it. Couple that with the fact you can pretty much fund up to level 3s, and then an unlimited amount off one single refinery, turret farming causes huge lag, pretty terrible gameplay (Leaves no resolving options except Nukes or Artillery), and just generally brings out the worst in Empires.

I'm going to avoid getting into this huge flame war, and realistically, I should probably lock it, but to be quite honest, that's Nightmare's choice. If he wants to PM me and ask for a lock, that's up to him. I think it's probably pertinent to note this: If his server is populated with mainly newbies, then he won't have a problem, because they won't take advantage of the settings. But if one single veteran joins that server, who knows what they're doing, they could effectively ruin every game without breaking a single rule. I think it was short sighted of us, us being both the community and even the development team, not to see that a server like this might show up. But realistically, as someone who's run Empires servers for 3 years now, I still don't think it would have been right to restrict the commands. I just hoped that people would understand that the defaults are there for a reason. Now we're in this situation where Nightmare basically won't change anything on principle, because of this argument, and people won't present their argument in any other way than a flame, because of the insults he's thrown at people.

So, I'm just going to suggest you really do what Nightmare says. If you take issue with the settings, don't go on the server. Because whilst I agree he really has the high ground here, I also know that Empires players only stay around because they see the long-term enjoyment in the game, and I personally don't feel that the settings on his server accomodate that. So leave Nightmare alone, and he'll either adapt and survive, or his server will die off like the previous 50 servers of the same type, and either way, that would resolve the issue here. It's not up to you, me or anyone here except him to do anything about that.

8. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

I was going to say something, but I was laughing to much to remember what.

9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

back when he was playing doom with his roommate by using a serial cable to connect the computers together.

10. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

I read all of this and I've to say, the only thing which is worse then the 200 turret limit, is that knowitall attitude of nightmare, a newb who played 7 weeks, but nvm that.
    BTT
    Driving a tank while 400 turrets are around is getting you killed, less for the turrets but more due to the resulting net lag. It's no fun and never will be.
    Increasing the already far over the top ress is making things worse and how faster research is making it more or less fun, beside breaking the game, is beyond me.
    But have it your way, your server and your overaged community (or what was oc standing for again? ...)
    in such situations I miss mootant.

11. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Turret hater. We don't like your kind here.

12. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

You know it's all about that 3 letter word: FUN LAG

13. Deiform

Deiform Member

200 turret limit is so fun. Shame can't build them all before the round ends though.

14. flasche

i just wonder why u all care that much ...

15. Aeoneth

Aeoneth Member

We care because we see the potential of the server and that YES with the exception of Nightmares attitude here (sorry dude, but you are coming across as really over zealous) the community does seem cool and collected. Its just that the gimmicky settings they have may very well get the server dropped after people get tired of said settings.

But Nightmare has made it clear that things are not going to change until it is a problem. And Trickster also has a point, we should just leave if we don't like it. After all it doesn't take much to get another server up in player count

16. flasche

17. Aeoneth

Aeoneth Member

oh he's made it abundantly clear that that is the case. The more we talk the more we advertisre his server but it still won't change the stagnation his server will eventually undergo

18. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

I already know that, but you are mistaken if you think you are losing in the long run. Refer to the second part of this post:

http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?p=369655#post369655

The more attention we give him and he continues to double-down, the more he alienates some of the influential & long-term players that help populate servers. The random casuals will always join the server that has players. As long as he can find enough long-term players that enjoy his awkward setting, he will survive. The irony is that a newbie is lecturing the community of veterans on what gameplay will keep the server alive... let alone making a total ass of himself.

I'll give his server another three weeks unless he can "force" enough of his clan members to play on his server... then another three weeks more. Sounds like 420 clan. What ever happened to that clan? :rolleyes:

19. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

oh man this is a successful troll, damn well played commy

was it piss or spilled beer?

I just want to mention to Nightmare, cause I know you don't know: the forum member known as "communism" finds exploits like he finds beer, daily and without remorse.
    You should be thanking him for showing you how your settings can be abused.

20. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

It doesn't really matter how much attention he gets here, this is a small community. The only thing he's doing is making an ass out of himself. Which is the best kind of introduction a person could make on this forum IMHO.

In reality theres no one here to win over with "publicity", either he changes his settings and does something extra ordinary to sway those that actually play the game, or he doesn't.

I don't see how we can win or lose, they only thing that could happen is that we lose by being annoyed to death by his shitty server having the only players, but theres plenty of other servers, it's not actually hard to populate a server. I don't see how he can win or lose either, it's obvious he's delirious, whatever he considers winning might just as well be losing.