emp_plunge_b1

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by BumGravy, May 24, 2008.

1. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

:( thx for headsup hope he can fix it.

2. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

Cant fix it if I dont know what causes it :(

Never happened for me.

3. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

on the short expierence that I played it on MAD server It seemed very difficult to stop the opposing team from rushing accross the closest bridge and very undefendable, you either had option A to always rush the CV to the farthest bridge and try to build turrets why taking fire from guys crossing bridge or B give the enemy the whole north or whole south of the map where they can snipe out almost all your res nodes turning the game into a very slow infantry war. Every time we played it, it was very difficult to get a base settled, even when we didn get vehicles out we were always to broke to build a radar or do any research, recomend maybe bridges starting unbuilt? and maybe a decent build time on them, I dono I'll leave the design process up to you and just feed you problems :p . the fact that the bridge exits directly to the high ground of the enemy base doesnt help either.

Edit: also the fact that there is basically 3 places you are restricted to build bases at is kinda um...difficult...makes it a very preset map in that terms, much like money, but more restriced(you can build anywhere on money cause its all flat)

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  4. Tea&Cookies

Tea&Cookies Member

This map was full of Epic Win, Its my second FAvorite map now next to Midbridge. Midbridge cannot be replaced :(

5. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

dude i effin love midbridge, I havnt seen it on any server since mittoes went down though.

6. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

mad has midbridgeb2.

7. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

i'm in process of redoing midbridge to be different from the others, apparently there are several versions of midbridge, so i'm renaming stuff

8. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

hey man, can i get the vtf from you so i can work on the map, just needs a little fixing not a lot

hate to steal the map but you haven't done a thing to it for 2 weeks kinda bored

9. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

I love this map, I think when it gets polished-up it will be one of the beter Empires maps. Right now it is kinda' crossroads-1.05-ish. I have a few demos of exploits to send to you. The attachments for this forum are rediculously small though so I can't post them here.

10. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

well my steam is my name, add and i'll fix everything possible

so i can say this map has been jacked :D

11. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

yes needs a little tweaking again, its nice the res was upped so you can actually build a radar now. but might want to tone it down a little bit now, too high, i have like 15000 res by the time i have researched armor and engines.

12. Empyrean45

Empyrean45 Member

Download link results in an error. Re-link?

13. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

the dude that was doing this before, left it i assume

so i've taken it under my wing, working on it taking out all the damn exploits

fyi, the two middle refs gave 4x resources which is why ya'll had so much resources that day

14. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Don't rerelease decompiled maps, ask the original creator for the vmf. Decompiled maps have issues that can't be fixed.

15. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

jesus 4x? i guess my team had both middle refs every time we played the map... I still think the res might have been upped in this b1 though.

16. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

i asked the maker 3 weeks ago for it, so i waited and i know about the decompiling errors that happen

i'm practically rebuilding the whole map

17. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

You asked for the vtf like 6 days ago in this thread. This entire thread was made like a month ago the guy could be away on holidays or busy right now. You can't go stealing other peoples work without permission. Its not like this is a year old dead map. If you want to make a map make your own.

18. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

DrummerX, what is wrong with you.
    How many maps are you going to attempt to get?
    This is what, the second or third?
    You need a banning.

19. petemyster

petemyster Member

i suppose he's only trying to help...

20. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

If you are a mapper, this kind of 'help' is the most offensive thing you can do.
    A VMF for almost all mappers is a private thing. Your work that you chose what to do.
    To steal, or decompile to get an VMF, then attempt to pass it off as your own?
    It is like stealing how to make Pepsi, then release Pepsi Improved as your own. (Funny example but it works)
    No one is amused. Even if Pepsi Improved is Improved, it is still not there damn work.