Ze forum

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zeke, Feb 5, 2011.

1. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Well a Sound wave is only a sound wave because theirs a reciever that can translate those sound waves into well... sound. If theirs no one around to translate those waves into sound its only compressed air (or whatever matter is around the thing compressing it)

2. Zeke

Zeke Banned

As a sound wave progress it will affect the energy around it and as a result lose its own energy over time.

While you may not be capable of hearing the original sound when walking to the location of the occurance, you will be able to see the after effects of its happening.

Lets say you place a glass at some location and shatter it using sound.
    Noone is around when it actually breaks.
    But its possible to see diffrenses in the area caused by it.

Now if we would be able to note every single little atom etc and use some super advanced calculation... then we would theoretically be able to track it back to the original occurance.

But even if we cant fully track it, the glass still remains broken.
    The world has been affected by it.

Now a sound wave may seem like a small thing, but in the long run it makes a diffrense.

edit: just becouse we dont know of the occurance doesnt mean it may still have occured and affected our world.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  3. Shitstorm

Shitstorm Banned

I like turtles.

4. Zeke

Zeke Banned

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

that sound waves vibrations may influence the weather somewhere on the other side of the globe

did it happen? if we translate it into hearing it is irrelevant, it happened and if we called it chickenbreasts then it still happened

6. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

This last set of posts makes me sad.

The fact that you can give a definite answer by dancing around the philosophical question about perception is sad.

You can say it doesn't exist because you can't prove it exist, but I will still say it's possible to exist until you can definitively prove it does not exist. If calling this logic fail makes you in some way feel superior, you, sir, are a dumbass.

7. Zeke

Zeke Banned

I never said that god definetly doesnt excist, that would be silly.
    However, believing that god definetly does excist without any form of proof is just as silly.

I will not assume the position of that magical invisible unicorns excist just becouse a person say it.
    However i will reject the claim of such a thing untill proven otherwise.
    But i still wont state that magical invisible unicorns doesnt excist with absolute certainty.
    Hence: "Dunno, but i dont believe in that claim untill you prove it."

8. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Unfortunately for you, it's not a 50/50 wager. There is far, far more evidence on our side of the wager than on yours. Perhaps we can slide the distribution to 99/1 or more to account for that.

If you find this hard to accept on an intuitive level, let me take the well-known example of the invisible teapot orbiting Mars: several people are certain there is an invisible teapot orbiting around Mars, but they can't prove it because it is invisible and has no effect whatsoever on its surroundings, but they believe staunchly in its existence because it is there, they just know it! Looking at this rationally, the possibility of it existing is minor at best. It is possible we simply haven't found a way of measuring certain variables that are affected by it, but for the moment we can, for all intents and purposes, assume that it simply does not exist. You're more than welcome to conduct research on it, though.

9. Zeke

Zeke Banned

Beerdude... did u quote the wrong person?

i'm not the one saying god excist nor do i in any way believe so... -.-'
    i sit on the 99 side.

You pretty much restated what i just talked about... ill quote parts of it... just incase you actually intended to quote me.

B: but they believe staunchly in its existence because it is there, they just know it!
    Z: believing that god definetly does excist without any form of proof is just as silly.

B: the possibility of it existing is minor at best.
    Z: I never said that god definetly doesnt excist, that would be silly.

B: It is possible we simply haven't found a way of measuring certain variables that are affected by it, but for the moment we can, for all intents and purposes, assume that it simply does not exist.
    Z: However i will reject the claim of such a thing untill proven otherwise.

B: You're more than welcome to conduct research on it, though.
    Z: But i still wont state that magical invisible unicorns doesnt excist with absolute certainty.

10. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

If god doesn't exist, what is god?

You can't say something doesn't exist if you don't know what I think it is.

Literally speaking, teapots flying around mars and trees falling in forest are very real objects with a large amount of certainty what exactly they are. I can't give a good definition of what god is. Even the bible falls short, calling him the great I am. People who believe in god generally know nothing of him other than the fact that he exists. They couldn't give you any sort of scientific description of him. There is a depth to the question that you disregard by saying that it can't exist because you can't measure it.

11. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

You answered that yourself. Fictional.

12. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

I have a question for you guys, if some of us are getting to this divine paradise, what's stopping us from turning it into hell? I mean, we aren't the best at keeping the peace here at Earth, what will keep it at the Paradise? Will God have 1000 angels that run around and tell us not to fight and how to handle love?

Just asking.

13. Zeke

Zeke Banned

Sooo....

You believe in something... which u cant define.... and that "something" definetly excist... and you know nothing of HIM (this thing apparantly got a gender now)... and he cant be described even a tiny bit with science...

Oh i see...

Its a male something which excist.

Annnnndd.... thats all known things about this entity?

As i mentioned before, i reject claims.
    Before a claim is presented i cant really reject it now can i?
    But if thats all you have to say about your god... then i think i'll reject that claim too.
    But ofcourse a male unmeasurable entity may excist...
    (assuming it became unmeasurable at a later date after you found out it was male)

But still, noone says that something cant excist just cuz it cant be perceived.
    But it has no meaning to our world if thats the case.
    Iow your god would be 100% totally utterely fucking useless to our world.
    (atleast at this point in time and in the future. if you wish to tell us about his actions on our world in the past, feel free to do so)

edit: i also love you used the word "fact" and in the same message said he is unmeasurable... iow by definition there is no possibility of facts.
    or does he reveal himself to people from time to time? (iow: measurable)

14. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

ahwell. This debate is becoming pointless. If you counter every philosophical question with literal logic... Idunno. Imagination exists for a reason.

15. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

lol you are a sad person. Ships are female despite the fact that they definitely don't have ovaries. This is arguing over philosophy, not grammar. Go bitch somewhere else.

16. Zeke

Zeke Banned

So you say that its imagination?

hasn't this entity you spoke of actually proven himself to you?

are you merely trusting the word of others?

Or... did you simply give up?

17. Zeke

Zeke Banned

I'm trying to understand what your claim of god is, you have still not presented it. (unless it simply is a unmeasurable excisting entity)
    However you did mention that it was male, but i guess that was a typo.
    The term "God" is not always male, so i assumed you claimed that the entity was male.

18. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

logic is what keeps this world from going insane.
    [​IMG]

19. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

No I misinterpreted your post because it was confusing as fuck

Anway, Metal Smith, read my post, surrender and weep and then become a productive member of society

20. Zeke

Zeke Banned

[​IMG]