Ze forum

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zeke, Feb 5, 2011.

1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

if you are gonna take it there, then right here and now define what your god is

then we will probably disprove its likeliness of existence

2. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

No it isn't. Schrödinger's cat could only "not die" if the box, in which the radioactive decay of the single radioactive atom and the messurement happens, would be under an extreme/complete vacuum,

a tree in a forest is not a single atom nor does it have an extreme vakuum around, thus it has tons of measurement on other atoms/molecules and cannot enter a superposition.
    (btw in a complete vakuum there's no sound to beginn with.)
    That said, the question either it makes sound is obsolete as whole since according to the laws of physics, it HAS to make a sound, there's no 50:50 chance.
    But a philosopher wants also the prove ... which does not exist.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  3. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

lol you can't disprove likeliness.

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

so has anyone yet found out how existence just came into play? like, how, everything just existed? great cause neither can I. Science can't prove it, Religion can't prove it, Philosophy can't prove it, that something came out of nothing, and no one will ever prove why everything exist, why we are here.

5. Zeke

Zeke Banned

and your point was...?

6. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

There was some overly bored 4D mangaka who decided to draw some 3D anime, or what we know as existence.
    Hah.
    Would lead to the question where that 4D mangaka is coming from...

Naaah, philosophy and religion can't prove shit, science isn't far enought yet, maybe never will.
    Even if you WOULD argue there's a god ... where is god coming from?
    See the relation between the 4D mangaka and god? Both have the same chance to be existent, could even be that god is 5D and made the 4D world that mangaka is living in, so it's even possible that both exist.
    Or ... or ... "god" (n+1)D made the nD world with the (n-x)D worlds in mind and all works like in a chain of dimensions ... there is no end to it!

Better: find scientific prove for the beginning. It ... makes more sense to me ... could be wrong, but what do I care? If there was some greater plan, there couldn't be a free will anyway, and if there isn't a plan, then why would someone care what we belive in?

tl;dr. Beliving in something unproven is pointless (Religion) , searching for prove (Science) isn't.

7. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

even better:
    Don't worry about the past, only worry about the present and the future, because people will never stop arguing about past events.

8. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

And go to church to ease the mind? No thx. If existence will seize the same way it started, I wanna know about it beforehand. :D

9. Zeke

Zeke Banned

where did metal smith run away to? :(

10. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

If nobody had to do anything but instead lives in utopia with w/e he wishes for w/o any negative effects it would be more like dope-topia, also if you can lay around stoned 24/7 under an apple tree who gives a shit about others anymore?

Nah, most likly, if you're dead your programm (brain function) will simply be terminated along with your body. Sad? Nah, you will not even notice. :P

11. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

So you believe that a tree that nobody observes makes a sound? Well the correct sientific answer would be: The chance that the Tree made a sound is very high because former observations point in the direction that every tree that falls makes a sound.

Actually thats not true because if you would read a book about communication psychology you would know that you need a sender and reciever to actually have a transmission. So the tree is the sender but theirs no reciever. That means their is no soundwave at all because a soundwave is a term of communication and if theirs no communication its only a physical phenomenom, waves of compressed matter.

But thats actually irrelevant because everyone that really discusses questions like that didnt understand the meaning behind it.

12. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

this is the stupidest discussion ever.

13. Zeke

Zeke Banned

If you define sound as "blablabla which someone DOES hear" then by default the answear is no if you ask if it makes sound.
    Since by definition of the question noone was near enough to hear it.
    iow there is no philosophy to it.
    If you define sound as waves of compressed matter etc, then yes the fkin sound did happend.
    Sound just happend to be at the right frequency for us to "hear" it with our ears.
    Light is at another frequency and we happend to have this neat organ called an eye which can notice it and make us "see".
    it's just diffrent forms of energy.

Now as stated earlier, if its a matter of "only when someone hears it", then the answear is no.
    if you however consider sound to be just another form of physical phenomenom... then yes. the sound did happend.

14. MooJuiceThaHater

MooJuiceThaHater Member

God does exist because otherwise what would be the point of having churches and priests? I mean if you guys want to go to hell, that's cool but don't try to bring my children and family down with you. Also the bible hello??? all the proof you need that god does exist.

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS IGNORANCE

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2011
  15. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

he was trolling. no one commits such an obvious fallacy of begging the question.

16. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

They would have to be either insane or physicists, most people would say yes, because things don't stop existing if you aren't looking and anyone who knows how sound works would tell you trees falling over always make sounds unless they're in a vacuum.

Hell I'm agnostic and I would still say 'yes' rather than 'probably' which I suppose makes me a terrible agnostic.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

It's like saying that if I look in one direction, everything behind me does not exist.

18. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Yeah it's only fun when you can see the frustration on their faces. I really hope I get a visit from some Jehova's Witnesses, it's so much fun to tear down their rickety arguments one by one until it all crashes to the ground and they're left clutching at straws.

19. Shitstorm

Shitstorm Banned

>>Implying that isn't true.

20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

not entirely true, the only part of there argument that makes sense is that if something is not observed (meaning there is no influence what so ever we can detect, for example a box in another completely empty dimension (besides for the box) containing a falling tree) then we can safely assume that even if it does exist, and it does fall, its safe to assume its non-existance and thus it makes no noise

but since its behind you these things are close to you and will effect you and thus its unlikely these things do not exist

just as the sun exists even if you are indoors, because its light illuminates the room and its heat warms the earth for you to be able to live in the first place