Yet Another Grenadier Balancing Thread

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Avatarix, Aug 15, 2016.

1. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

I've just thought... Isn't it ironic that "grenadier" doesn't actually have any grenade weapons....

2. Avatarix

Hell, if we wen't back to old mortar the Grenadier would have no chances to fight against infantry these days. And it would be really OP after all the changes.
    Dumbfire RPG would be straight bad, it's just too damn hard to hit something that way, even with faster speed, and it would be able to abuse building sniping again.
    Well, it just had to be fast, right? Nothing fancy with that.
    Well, if you have means and skills to make grenade launcher then go for it and suggest that, but for now we are suggesting mostly script changes.

3. Ranger

Ranger Member

Considering the mortar has the rpg model, a model for a grenade launcher is not as important when the impact those script changes would have on the game would be too great and terrible to imagine. jk

That's contradicting. I don't get it.

RPGs like any weapon are situational. Do you really think you need guided missiles in streetsoffire? I don't need to say anything. You can think on your own why RPGs are better in some occasions. It wouldn't be a replacement anyway, it's an addition.

The Grenade launcher makes perfect sense as an alternative to the mortar. Mortar becomes an actual mortar that needs to be deployed and is harder to use. It would need artillery feedback skill and an ammo crate from an engineer. The Grenade Launcher would be a single shot weapon that could have the exact same script the current mortar uses. The difference would be it does not require you to duck to fire, but if you think that would be OP then you can keep the ducking thing.

4. Avatarix

Well, for now i want to make a statement that we should keep to REAL changes, not 'sometime, in distant future we should get deployed mortar, and grenade launcher, and also blimps with that'.
    That 'dumb-fire RPG' would be MUCH MORE situational that even today RPG is, even taking in account increase in damage.
    And for the mortar, sure you can suggest as much things you want, but models and code doesn't come from nothing and even created things need acknowledgement from dev team.

Also, RPG stands for 'Rocket Propelled Grenade', when mortar is just a way to tool to shot grenades at longer ranges whilst being stationary, for clarity.

5. Ranger

Ranger Member

You do realize most grenadiers are less than 10 meters from tanks more often that not right? You can't aim at that range? Exclude open maps. Dumb Fire RPG would be fine in Canyon.

We all know what RPG stands for. You're practically saying UML is stupid and that we should all get guided or homing because tanks are move fast.

6. Avatarix

What? It isn't stupid because it has big mag and speed, and taking in consideration that RPG has one rocket in chamber changes things. And yes, even targets at 10m can swiftly move from one place to another.

7. Ranger

Ranger Member

Current RPG missile speed is 1500; double that and you get the fastest rocket in the game with increased damage. Not hitting every time, I suppose is a necessary drawback. The weapon would be meant for heavies anyway.

8. Awpolt

Awpolt Member

What about this:

9. Ranger

Ranger Member

That's the concept

10. Avatarix

Oh boy, you don't know the pain when you miss that first rocket in PR while fighting HMMVE, the 50cal shreds your body so much.
    Also, the hitbox of rocket could be pretty bigger, i think

11. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

I'd suggest 3 types of primary, and then an SMG in secondary with Mines/Detonation Charge.

3 Primaries:
    • RPG we currently have
    • RPG #2, Straight fired projectile and can not be guided but does a LOT more damage than the current RPG to tanks
    • Mortar
    Multiple Secondaries
    • SMG #2, for close quarter combat
    • Pistols
    Then Mines/Detonation Charge
    • Mines as are normal
    • Detonation Charge which is a GIANT explosion detonated by the Gren himself (Does a lot to buildings and infantry/tanks over top) (C4?)

This would make Gren better overall, and with the second RPG choice, if it is chosen in combat against tanks, infantry will have to try to take out these grens promoting combined arms!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  12. Avatarix

hmm
    We have mortar and RPG because the weapon is modular, and removing it would pretty much decrease that 'awesomness' from Empires in terms of original weapons.
    And that SMG2 idea is good, or we could just give him all SMGs to choose
    Well, the detonation charge you made sounds op and scary... so i would better make it with explosion radius 110% of HECN? Something around that. And what's disruptor???

13. Ranger

Ranger Member

HE Cannon's explosion range is already big enough.

14. Avatarix

???
    i mean that the this detonation charge would have that explosion range, wtf
    i dunno how to describe it's better
    detpack - range is 110% of HECN explosion

15. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I don't think this thread is Official. I want my monkey back.
    Anyway I think Gren should be able to do some direct hull damage with rpgs/mines & nerf the damage mortar does to armor.

flasche likes this.
  16. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

he actually has 2 for the price of 1

17. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I dont know whats more wrong, rangers bollocks pseudo-stats on grenadiers or blizzerd saying mortar shoots grenades rather than bombs.

flasche likes this.
  18. Avatarix

They shoot explosive projectiles, because that's in the code.
    can we get some feedback from devs pls ;-;

19. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

@Avatarix Feedback about what? The suggestion?

20. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I changed the title of this thread, "official" my ass...