y no one talk about doto no mo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by communism, Sep 9, 2013.

1. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Happens more often than with Brazilians, that's for sure.

filho de la puta

2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I never really believed such people really exist but today I had a nyx laning against me, he got harassed out of lane cause they lacked a ranged hero. He gave first blood and after that proceeded to intentionally feed for the rest of the game while spamming cyka and other russian insults... he had something around 20 or more death in the end.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

They speak english on CS:GO at least.

4. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

You joining? I'd watch

6. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

Honestly, I just said it's interesting. This is the biggest thing for aspiring competitive players considering IXDL-O has never taken off majorly within the scene. The lower brackets (under Div 3) can supposedly support an INFINITE number of teams so those who will stay there can take as long as they want to work from the bottom up. Div 1 is also a great platform for Tier 3 and Tier 2 comp teams to get noticed. If this takes off well, joinDota will be huge in the community aside from Tobi's casting. As they themselves put it:

"Skill? doesn't matter. Location? Doesn't matter. Occupation? Doesn't matter. All you need is fun at Dota 2 and four (or more) friends to play with.

The default playtime will be 16:00 CET on Sunday for the European League"

I will openly admit this sort of thing to me, with my mindset of the game, is very appealing. Personally, my Sundays are pretty bland. I would like the opportunity to play 1 serious game a week to get the buzz back. And everyone in the community who shares that mindset with me: this is exactly what the community needs, providing it takes off. That doesn't mean I am joining though, the only person I play regularly with is Deif nowadays. At the end of the day as long as you are having FUN, kicking back, having a laugh and playing a good game (tight, well fought, can go either way), win or lose.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  7. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

http://leagueofdota.com/

If u want to do competetive check these guys out amazing crew and prizepools everyweek.

8. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

Yes, I know it exists.

I've seen it on reddit asking for donations, I've seen it from you before. I don't care.

I don't think you understand the reason why I posted in the first place. If I wanted to play competitive I would have already. On your site, other amateur tournaments etc..

The reason why I believe this is particularly worth pointing out for being special is because this "jDl" has loads of potential. Think about it, joinDota, while you may not believe it, still has a large foothold in the community. I would say that while it falls behinds reddit, maybe the rise of ongamers too nowadays, jD was one of the most frequented websites when Tobi was top dog of casting and no other news sites exist incl. DotaCinema before reform. I still use it for the match ticker. Compare that to your League of Dota, which has already gone to reddit asking to stay afloat, how long do you think that will last now that a format on a VERY LARGE scale is now being introduced? Not too long. With no entry fees, no prizes, teams have stay ability to do as and when they please, with no "time wasted" so to speak since you mainly play for experience until you reach the top. An aspect that is a highlighted one for the newbies and aspiring Dondo's.

9. Paradox

Problem with this format is the lenght it takes for 1 season to finish and anew one to start , so promotions etc, amateur teams come and go so fast, Im concerned that because there isnt a prize pool not a lot of amateur teams are going to stay around every season, that they are going to keep existing through season, long enough to get to division 1 where as if u want to get prizes you would sign up for league of dota. This is way more casual and idk if its going to last with this format. I would like it more if they would instead of ( just example ) have 1000 dollar season champion victory bullshit for division one, that every division has a small prize, make division 1 500 dollar and spread the 500 over the other divisions.

10. Sitka

Sitka Member

PARATOXINS DETECTED, ADMINISTERING ANTIDOTA

[​IMG]

11. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

oh god lol

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Another great post.

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

That one is awesome.

14. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Sitka poster of the year 2014

15. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

16. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

iCCup, which is probably the best ladder system for Brood War, just so happens to have it's own Dota 2 ladder. I'd suggest giving it a look http://www.iccup.com/dota2/dota2_iccup.html, I personally like it better than most Elo-esque systems. And it lets you concede just like the original.

Appears to be full of eastern euros though.

edit: lul russian only servers.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  17. Paradox

fucking lol player comes over to dota wants to concede...

( you can "concede" in most tournaments since its a lobby game and if you type gg wp games ends )

18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I don't understand why you are so opposed to concede votes that you have to insult my being a League player over it. This game has snowballing too, if your team is unskilled and feeds their team, you will lose, and it ends up being pretty decided when they won't kill your raxes but just fuck around attacking you in your fountain. I'd rather not wait 20 minutes for their creeps to destroy my base.

I don't care what the project directors at Valve say the way the game is played, if your team is toxic, you don't want to fucking play anymore.

19. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

And paradox wonders why people hate him.

20. Paradox

Im just opposed to fucking conceding cause I have had many games where im like we are never going to win, but we pull it together even though I hate my teammates we pull it together and do teamwork even though the first 20-30 minutes we were flaming each other we won and it felt good, we shouldnt take this away. For every really good game like this Ive had Im glad to deal with 10 bad ones.