Would you rather live in the U.S. than in your East & West European shithole?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by McGyver, Apr 27, 2015.

?

Want to live in the US?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2016.
  1. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HInhFJ9.jpg[/IMG]YES

10.0%
  2. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vIqoX3L.jpg[/IMG]YES

15.0%
  3. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vJQGhHv.jpg[/IMG]YES

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/V8dfWix.jpg[/IMG]NOPE

75.0%
  1. Deiform

Deiform Member

Mostly election stuff at the moment. For the rest of the time it's mostly anything that's happening around the world. Iraq, Iran, Nepal, America. Anywhere shit is going down. Was a couple of weeks where shit was going down in the UK in 2012 but apart from that the news is pretty slow.

Oh yeah, the Royal Family babies.

I watched an American news channel once when I was over there (can't remember which one) and they did a story on doctors that believed in God and how patients loved it. I distinctly remember a patient saying, "I feel safer knowing he is a Christian and that he is on God's side." I found that terribly disturbing that the doctor could dismiss his mistakes as God's will. Terrifying. And that was a 'feel good' piece on a national news network.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  2. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Yeah show a video of some extremists in germany, so much better than half the fucking country in america being extremly xenophobic and racist especially against dark skinned people. Just FYI, the holy roman empire abolished real slavery in the 12th century so all this culture of separating black and white people is nonexisting from the very beginning.

Just so we're clear here, religious separation is where most shit ever came from in nonslaver european states, not skin colour or place of birth, I've plenty of friends from italy, turkey, somalia, russia, ukrain, france, swiss, poland, slovenia, romania etc and none ever complained about being misstreated by their neighbors due to their skin colour or some shit.

BTW Censoring only exists in video games not in media or some important shit you wouldn't want to be cut out on, like f.e. the US forgetting its own constitution while operating in guatanamo and so on. That shit would never go down under the control of a democratic country believing in equality. :|

3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I get that "royal lineage" is kinda important to some brits, but what i dont get is why its apparently such a hot fucking topic everywhere else. I swear the media wont shut up about it in here if such a thing happens. I dont know why poles would in any way be concerned what comes out of someones vagina some thousands kilometers away.

4. Deiform

Deiform Member

Do you get Swedish Royal news? I don't get why everyone seems to get UK Royal news but not the other Royal families.

5. Z100000M

Hah, youd love polish doctors then. Not so long ago we had a giant mess because devout christians doctors wanted for their own (for a lack of a better word) petition be law just because. They say they dont have to help with say, abortions if it conflicts with their conscience. You know, fuck the oath or the law, god thinks that bitch should have that rape baby.
    Yea, i remember that being a thing as well, but it was mostly of the " hey this thing happened in our region of earth" news variety, whereas the latest "royal uk news" are more like "omg you this is like the most important thing since rome fell!!"

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I support the clause of conscience btw

7. Z100000M

Im sure all of the patients are going to be relieved that you think its okay to violate their law bound rights.

8. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

ITT All dem niggas be jelly at muh freedom.

[​IMG]

9. Deiform

Deiform Member

Let's see you have a friend with a pregnancy that endangers their life by keeping it in a town where all doctors within a 30km radius all support the clause of conscience and still keep that view.

Imagine having a doctor that refused to give vaccines. The good thing about this, of course, is that you know what doctors to go to and who to stay well away from.

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i dont think its about life endangering pregnancies ...

i think it should be legal to abort, but i dont think you should _force_ anyone to do it?!

11. Deiform

Deiform Member

So you'd make it legal, but have it so you'd have to hunt around for a doctor that can be bothered to perform it? Like a plumber that fits your entire bathroom except the toilet. Great plumber, would recommend

12. flasche

its not like you only have a few days ...

and theres doctors that do abortions - at least around here its not something super excotic. so why want to force someone who doesnt want to do it?

13. Deiform

Deiform Member

Circumcision though, oh loads of doctors for that! Genital mutilation is a specialty; can do that on helpless, unconsenting, living babies, but the unborn are the ones with actual rights. What a joke.

Yeah I'm sure the women love extra hurdles to come to terms with a giant moral dilemma. Also I hope you realise that the longer the pregnancy is left, the more invasive the abortion has to be? Imagine running round for a pharmacist that would let you have a Morning After pill. "Oh you mean you sell it, but you're not letting me have it because you disagree."

14. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Tru dat!

She's a celebrity. And she's not, at the same time, so it's like they can report celebrity news and pretend it's real news.

15. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

IDK, it just says you don't have to perform anything that goes against your believes as a doctor, but it doesn't say you have the right to prevent your patients from going to another doctor.

Seems tricky though, what if you're unconcious and the doctor in charge simply ignore anything that goes against their religion. F.e. relatives of a rape victim who needs life saving surgery and a medical induced coma sign whatever for an abortion while being on the other side of the world,

or more realisticly a last will, like "pls turn off the machines if I only live due to life supporting machines" and you just keep them alive being all potato like, because you belief it would be murder.

Shame on you DDD, unless you do it out of the kindness of your heart helping ppl is not about what you belief is best, that's simply imposing your bullshit on your patients, it's about what they want and what they PAY YOU TO DO, we're not living in the medieval ages anymore ffs.

16. flasche

im totally against circumcision without medical indication before legal age. choice is key.

but why should doctors have no choice? unless its threatening to life then its an oath they swore ...

17. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

If you're working in an HR department and get the order to fire a bunch of ppl, exactly knowing they ain't gonna be able to keep their choosen lifestyle ... do you have a choice?
    No, because it's your job to do what you're getting paid for, that's just how it is.
    We all have to do things we don't like to please the people we serve, having a doctorate in human medicine is no excuse.
    It's just that you don't see patients as employers, but they are the ones paying you, if they could fire you, we wouldn't have this discussion.

18. Deiform

Deiform Member

Also the Hippocratic Oath doesn't state anything about abortion. It was even legal at the time of ancient Greece.

It's not the doctor's privilege to decide for the patient. The doctor presents options and the patient consents. Not the other way around.

19. Z100000M

The problem here is that (id imagine it might be same in other places) its legal to get an abortion, but only up to a certain time. Technically, doctors can actually object, but they must point to one that will do the thing. Issue, some just won't do that either because of same reason they wont do that themselves. Issue two, they might not care enough to do so properly, meaning (with polands amazingly organised healthcare system) ping-pong bouncing from one place another, quite possibly stalling long enough for someone to cross the, oh irony, deadline.
    Theres a reason you get "tourism" to other countries, just to not deal with this shit.

20. complete_

complete_ lamer

no extremists in that video, just everyday people. if you watched it, you'd see a nice old german lady lie about an apartment to a well-dressed black couple just to get them to leave (she later reveals to a white person that she is scared of their color!)
    you should really watch it. its a really good short documentary
    and omg the only thing funnier than quebec xenophobia is people losing their shit about male circumcision