Wiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cpugeek, Oct 8, 2006.

1. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Not a fan of nintendo and their apparant fear of graphics and overuse of the same characters but I'm really rooting for the wii to bring back the fun into console gaming instead of trying to be a 2nd rate PC =o

2. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

the only reason i would want a wii is for zelda and super smash bros, and maybe a few novelty games using the controllers motion detector. i would only want an xbox 360 for gears of war, and maybe the nfs series. i would want a ps3 for all the great games i love, like tekken, FFX3, continue. BUT, im not getting a new console for at least a year, because i know i would never play it when i have this computer to play. LONG LIVE THE COMPUTER, AND LONG LIVE VISTA('s way of attracting new gamers).

3. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Computers will always live man, theres no need to say that =)

Well, heres the low-downs of the PS3

Updates take 20-30 mins to install
    Downloads have to be babysat, unlike the 360
    The PS button is a rip-off of the guide without the extra features.
    Doesnt include HD-TV Cables in the $600 version, you have to buy them seperate.
    The launch Title Resistence, really really sucks, it was rushed and graphics look like a low-quality Call of Duty 2. The gameplay, is really lame, we got bored of that within the first few mins.
    Compare the launch titles of the PS3 to Gears of War, GoW is currently the most beautiful game out, excellent gameplay, (if you played it, you would go out and buy a 360 x.x had to stop 2 friends from doing that XD)

Controller really sucks. To connect you have to plug it in VIA/USB cable, push PS button and connect. Unlike the 360 where you can just sync them 15 feet away. Its light, makes you feel like your gonna break it.

Theres only so little that they did right, but their ripping off alot of the 360. and their gonna do that later on. =/

And Wii, is still, hella fun =D!

4. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

After Vista launches... all hell is going to break loose... in 5 months... the PC will overtake the consoles... again...

5. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

When has PC ever lost to a console? :P

6. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Never actualy... But the promoters of the consoles say that it already did O.o

(Especially sony latley...)

7. ^Dee^

I heard gears of war was coming to PC anyway. Don't think it's confirmed though :)

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Everyone's going to buy Xboxes at christmas and PS3 is gunna be forgotten about.

9. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Well, Wii Sports is packaged with the Wii, and that's apparently good. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is another strong launch title, and I've heard good things about Red Steel. There's a bunch of other games, but I'm not entirely comfortable recommending them as I don't know that much about them. I'm sure you could pick out a couple more things that pique your interest, though.

10. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Dude whats your gamertag so i can chainsaw you XD!!!

11. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

12. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

You rock.
    You didn't give us the old crap link with Wii vs PS3 with the fat girl and skinny girl.

13. ^Dee^

hah, just watched that one with the fat and skinny girl. I thought it was cute :)

14. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

It was funny, but they kept showing it.
    Over and over and...
    over and over and...
    over and over and...
    over and over and...

15. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

16. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

Well, If I had it my way, it would be a fight between wii and xbox360. PS3 already dug its own grave. Its relying on its name and metal gear. 360 games>PS3 games.

I really love wii, I'm tired of the graphic whoring games that are making me have to spend 500 dollars every year to play the new ones on my pc. Ever notice how the majority of games seem to get worse as we go along?
    And Im tired of lame analog sticks =.=... Sure, they replaced the d-pad since the n64, but I'd like to be able to headshot my enemies 90% of the time in halo AND counterstrike... okay I'm done ranting

17. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Well, there were a few points in there that made sense just one-sided.

The price is pretty harsh for a game console but really a bargain if you consider the blu-ray and High-def capability. Blu-ray players are pretty pricey right now, and Sony is lucky to have a lot of film companies/ IP on it's list to cram out movies. The launch was indeed moved a lot, totally ignores Europe (Nintendo's europe launch is also a bit later, but well before christmas and that's what really counts) and there seems to be a chronic shortage of PS3's.
    I'd hate to brawl with someone just to be able to enter the store that may or may not have some PS3's to sell. Also noting Ebay and the rediculous prices being asked for preorders, I can only blame Sony for not producing enough.

Overall, Sony may come out pretty good if adults are willing to wait and dish out the cash for it. If I had to pick for my kid though, he'd get a Wii. It just looks more fun and nintendo has a knack for great party games.

If I had to pick for myself with unlimited monies, I'd get both. The PS3 for high def goodness and the Wii for multiplay.

18. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

ROFL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZJw9sbOTsc&mode=related&search=

Also, if you wach that G4 tech thing on the history of the PS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwQPCmNljy0&mode=related&search=) its 3 parts...

You will find that it is making the same mistakes as genisis did; and that is what allowed the PS to win the market...

Pure power (PS3 is considered the most powerfull...)
    Most expensive (599... 100 more over its competition... just like the genisis, or 200...)
    Crappy launch games (Personaly I didn't see any games that are grabbing my attention at its launch... unlike the 360 at which I was looking at Gears of War, just for the amazing screens...)

And if all of that is not bad enough, they are going in late... Do you think computer illiterate parents will care what they buy for their kids on christmas? no.. They will go into a store and say "My Kid wants a console, what do you recomend? the 360? Its been out for a while? Oh good and it is cheaper too!"...

And the damn banwagoning they are doing... That is just discusting... I dont care if they had the patent or some stuff like that, they didn't do ANYTHING with it, untill the competition announced something...

And I dont care that much for the blu-ray either; I dont watch that many movies, and when I do its on the computer... Them talking about it being anti pirating because of the sheer size, that will not stop anyone, that will just create a higher demand for highspeed internet (Talking 1 MB connections or faster); My provider is already using optical fibre for most of its system, so that doesn't matter...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2006
  19. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Ya. 360 and Wii are coming out with "GREAT" Games, GoW, Mass Effect, Bioshock(pc would be the choice unless you got a 80"+ HDTV XD), R6V was fun on the 360, Zelda, Red Steel, oh my.

PS3 only has good games, never really any "GREAT" games.
    God of War, wasnt really great, it was good.
    SotC was good, it was ugly, but it had a unique artisitc value.

Gears of War was great, gameplay was on the mark, the cities, didnt feel like your in a box, it felt seamless. Beautiful Historic Artistic Value, i say in the game.

And the Wii, has the greatest gameplay, just wish for a boob job game for comedic effect XD!!!

PS3 loses by having only good games. No HDTV cables in package, crappy online system. and Baby-sitting downloads. at least in the 360 you can play games or watch a movie while downloading ;/

360 would only lose by the format, but DL should last awhile, but it now does have 1080p but that DL-DVD might not work, i dunno.

Wii, cannot lose. Great Gameplay, tho graphics are leaning to Xbox 1.5 XD! but who cares!

20. ^Dee^

isn't there a game for the PS3 in an ancient japan setting where you have to battle a giant crab? I'm sure I saw it in an E3 video =/