Wiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cpugeek, Oct 8, 2006.

1. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

So yeah, I got to play the wii yesterday at the nintendo fusion tour here. They had pretty much all the wii sports titles, warioware, and excitetruck to play. The games i got to try were wii boxing and wii bowling. I know, they don't sound like the most exciting titles, but i got to try out the controller. Heres my impressions:

Wii Boxing: My friend and I decided to try this game since it was the only game there that had a nunchuk attachment. In it, you basically use the wii-mote and nunchuk as boxing gloves. There were all kinds of punches that you could do depending on how you swung the controller. You could also block by moving the controller back. Controlling the game was harder than it looked, but once I got the hang of it I was throwing hooks and uppercuts with ease. This game looks like a lot of fun, but it definately requires some practice with the controller.

Wii Bowling: After we played boxing, I noticed that no one wanted to play Wii Bowling, so I asked the guy there if I could give it a quick spin. To control this game, you hold the B button (the trigger) and bring you arm back, then swing through like you were throwing a bowling ball releasing the B button to release the ball. You can also move the d-pad from side to side to aim before you shoot. I picked up the controls much faster for this game than for boxing. You can even put spin on the ball if you twist the controller while throwing. The harder you swing the controller for your throw, the faster the balls going to go. This game was just plain fun. The guys running the tent were saying that this game is Hawthorne Height's favorite and I'd believe it.

Overall, I left with a good impression. These two games i played really showed off how even simple games will be lots of fun on the wii. The controller is a little smaller than I thought it was going to be, but it felt well made and durable. I almost think that it felt less like a remote control and more like a video game controller that just happened to look like a remote. I know, that sounds confusing but its really what it seemed like. The rumble felt a little less than a regular game controller, but it was still a decent amount. The graphics were not the greatest, but no one expects them to be ps3 quality. All the other games looked like a blast and judging from what people told afterwards, they were a lot of fun too.

I'm definately going to be getting the Wii. After playing it today I am convinced that it will change the way people think of games. The best thing about the wii in my opinion is that even simple games can be a lot of fun. I'm almost positive that nintendo has a winner on their hands.

What do you guys think?

2. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

I'll be getting one :)

3. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

nintendo pwndizzled this years e3, and most likely, the console market

4. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

i have a feeling that the wii is gunna be alot like the DS, more interested in inovation than makeing the next halo or tekken.

5. Al Fire 101

Al Fire 101 Member

6. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i dont see where people stoped playing videogames for fun. now they have to be so realistic you get lost in a fake world. go wii go

7. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Gotta give it to them, they have brains and balls... Hats off to Nintendo for doing this; sure as hell beats sitting on the couch mashing buttons on the controoler with your palm...

I know I will be jumping around all over the place with this thing... Just like when I was little and thought that jumping around could actualy help :D now, I can do that and people will still take me seriously :D

8. jambo

jambo Member

yeah, we don't need much more cutting edge graphics, nintendo's got it right.
    .... but i'll not be getting one, and probally won't get a ps3 eather, pc can do everything better.

...( what if moment ) .... i invent a gaming revolution, have neural interface with a console to project any! situation into the mind.
    yes - almost exactly like the matrix

heres the technical bit - on tv a guy hooked his neural muscles in his arm into an interface, thus because naural commands from the brain are transmitted by electrical sygnel. These sygnals get picked up be the interface ( computers like electrical sygnals ). with that anything could happen from there.
    he first used it to move an electronic arm, when moving his own arm.
    then he hooked up an ultrasonic sensor and send signals back into his body, which were interpreted by the brain.

so my idea would use the same system, except computer graphics would be sent in. while signals from the body are picked up by the computer and processed to provide more graphic input into the body.
    to solve the problem of moving around in the real world while in the fake world, you could restrain yourself or have some sort of dampaner to prevent body signals ever reaching the muscles.
    hopefully this could all be done wirelessly. and round the neck or head where the source of the most neural tubes are housed.

well what do ya think ?

[couldn't find any information about this guy on telly i seen]

9. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

10. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

I gave a volvo a little love tap and suddenly I owe 555 dollars and 31 cents. Lovely. I'll still have money for me wii though. Warioware is going to be a hell of a good time.

11. jambo

jambo Member

yeah, thats what i saw on tv
    cool eh.
    th potentil could be office workers could remotly log on to the company mainframe to do there work virtuly in cyberspace. no mare commuting to the office.

12. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

um... ever heard of something called the internet?

13. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

BAD IDEA ALERT.

This would result in pretty much a completely unsecure network. You couldn't do any work with sensitive materials, such as credit card numbers, user account info, and company-classified documents, limiting work severely. It's not really practical.

14. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

BUT, as far as ON TOPIC GOES,
    Wii = secks via the screen, therfore = Yes I am buying.

The vid with the neuro-interface = [​IMG]

15. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I'm becoming increasingly interested in purchasing wii.

16. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

17. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

i'd get a wii if they make a boob job game =)

18. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Apparently I'm camping out for one of these things. My friend since third grade was planning to, and somehow I agreed to as well. It should be fun. A camping trip sans nature.

I wasn't even planning to nab a Wii right away, but it looks like I might. :p

19. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Well, i played my friends PS3, and literally, it sucks. the PS3 is ape shit atm, the games suck, the updates suck balls.

BUT! the Wii is hella fun =D played it at gamestop XD!

20. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

When is Metal Gear Solid 4 coming out? That's the only PS3 game I'm interested in. I want a Wii, but Zelda appears to be the only decent launch title.