Why we play Empires: The epic game

Discussion in 'General' started by recon, May 29, 2009.

1. communism

communism poof

Was still pretty much sudden death though. No one could spawn, was all squad revives/revives...none of the cv's got hit until you guys rushed

2. recon

recon SM Support Dev

No spawning != sudden death.

3. communism

communism poof

Well my point was that if it was in sudden death the game would have been exactly the same. CV's were not being hit and nobody was spawning...so slow ass dull ass gameplay for like 30 mins
    Don't get me wrong! It was a fun game, up until we got nukes and the game just got slooooowwwwww. The ending was great though, I remember thinking "Damn, if I was BE I would just rail rush out and kill all our nuke tanks"...then whadya know ;P

4. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Actually, you guys would have definitely won had you went to sudden death. I was getting hit all the time. Essentially, I had to drive up to the wall sections and use the CV > all exception for dropping walls. I think I even walled in one of your heavies right next to my CV. This was the only way I could keep up the wall spam until we had enough heavies for a rush.

Always avoiding sudden death is actually a bad strategy. You want it to go to sudden death if your team is on the offensive.

5. communism

communism poof

Well you probably wouldn't have been driving so close if it was actual sudden death, so yeah...I was actually close to making an apc and spawning just to end it. Then you rushed ;P

6. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

tl;dr crossroads is a shitty map, this particular game was fucking boring as fuck, communism is still awesome, and I'm still in despair at why this thread even exists

7. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

The scene is Mvalley. our team is pinned back to one corner of our starting base and the enemy has just rolled out meds. good new though, we got them down to zero tickets. their overuse of APCs had got them the map but lost them the tickets. I knew the deal. for one, we didn't have enough money for research, and within the next 20 minutes we were going to be massively out teched. in a couple of minutes they'd have HE and we'd be screwed. two: grenadiers, in any numbers, are not enough to consistantly take out med tanks on Mvalley. perhaps one, if you were good, and they were bad, but it would be madness. so we wern't pushing out of our base any time soon.

this gives us few options- a 9 mine (back in the day), or sudden death. not great, but somebody had to take charge. I didn't see a 9mine happening, no way no how. they enemy comm wasn't an idiot and wouldn't let it happen. I knew what had to be done. We had to suicide. with 70 tickets left, we had to get down to zero, fast, before the enemy teched up and dominated us, not letting us get to zero tickets. my cries were dismissed. crazy? perhaps. but it would have given us a shot.

somehow though, with a shit load of guts and a little bit of foolhardy bravery, we held the line, right down to zero tickets. we were going to do this the hard way. At this point, they have rail heavies and a good chunk of our team is on repair duty. men are dropping left and right to snipers and sweeps of machinegun fire, but the team is together and fighting like it needs ever inch. We've got it to sudden death, and in 5 minutes we'll have the one in a hundred chance to even the score.

Mvalley is big. It's not difficult to hide a command vehicle, and we had just 5 minutes, if our team lasted that long, to find it and lay, stealthed, ready to kill it. five of us volunteered for the duty. A few good men, but as i left the base via the river, i turned to see a whole squad of good men fighting off a heavy the size of a building and knew that we were going to need to be the best. I scouted out SE, my closest buddy NW and then north, the others spread out across the rest of the map. The others were seen, and cut down. with 90 seconds to go, neither of me and my buddy had located the CV, and we had reports from the base that heavy tanks were in the perimeter. buddy and I met on a small platau of rock just east of their north base, when we spotted through the dust and haze a vehicle factory right in the corner, north east, facing away from the map. quickly, we sprinted our way along the river beside it. we still had time. as we ran along the riverside though, my face fell. a medium tank had spawned from the vehicle factory. we must have been spotted. Buddy looked at me and said "i'll deal with it." I dived into the water and watched the minimap as he sprinted into the middle of the desert area. A death icon on the scoreboard has never meant so much to me.

30 seconds to go, i'm swimming through the river. 15 seconds to go, and I'm beside the VF. an engineer is repairing it, buddy must have taken some shots on it before he died. good man. he gave me exactly what i needed, the commander with his back to me, blissfully unaware. Despite the shouts over the microphone of the heavy tanks in the base, i was pretty calm. I jumped out of the water, and the commander turned to look at me to see a mortar shell planted right at his feet. the guy survived, had a machinegun, and I'd only got a fraction of my health after sprinting past turrets in the south base. But he didn't know that. he threw down some inaccurate fire, and I sprinted towards him. Thinking to build a vehicle, he rushed into the room on the side of the VF. a pair of shots from my pistol cut him down as he ran. Then I ran. around the outside of the VF, the timer reading 5 seconds to go

YOU HAVE BEEN DEFEATED.

six or more heavies, inside the base, surrounded by corpses and destroyed turrets and wall segments, all had turrets aiming at the commander on the cliff behind. frozen midfight, at least a dozen of our infantry are crouched or sprinting, firing and reviving around it, three ineffective wall chunks attempting to surround the CV. This round never got to sudden death, and we lost. But it was one hell of a fight.

8. Coffeeburrito

Coffeeburrito Coder

We Need An Awesome Blog

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

That was good.

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

good writing + awesome scenario

i love it

11. Straevaras

Straevaras Member