Why play balanced games???

Discussion in 'General' started by recon, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Instead of a tutorial, why not a helpful user interface.

2. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

because the devs are busy, anyone (theoretically) can make a tutorial level.

3. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

something that barely anyone's mentioned here is the fact that a team can be make it or break it depending on a decent commander. If you see a couple good comms join a team, you're likely to want to be on that team cause there's simply not enough commanders (able, fast, and willing) in each pub game.

If we can come up with a new way to balance the comm's per team at the start of a round then it MAY be possible to eliminate that major reason for stacking, imho.

4. Notorious

Notorious Member

I auto assign as much as I can, sometimes I end up on a stacked team, but most of the time I'm one of the first five to choose a team during the beginning of a map, so any stackage comes after I choose a side.

but anyways, i just played a crossroads a couple days ago that lasted like 2 and a half hours, Brenodi empire was stacked, I was on NF, brenodi had better tank drivers and an obviously higher average skill level among their players + their commander was consistent, I think we had like 5 different comms including myself occasionally

the game turned into a no tickets nuke tank war, we were almost constantly besieged in our base area, since our team had like 10 layers of built walls on either side

we actually retook and held the middle for like 5 minutes, but we lost it cause people kept trying to push walls and our clumsy NF tanks were getting stuck on them and getting cluster fukd by the diminished BE tanks with their rails/nukes until we lost our momentum and all of our built up cash,

there was like 15 people in spec from people leaving the teams and people joining the server, waiting for the map to end, since there were no tickets on either side (except for brenodi who had like 4 since their comm was actually smart enough to recycle their rax), plus we had nubs spamming squad revives on just a couple people, or just not using squad points at all, or taking forever to use them after dead people filled a squad

game ended when brenodi used up their tickets on purpose and rail rushed after the sudden death countdown, I was stuck waiting for a squad revive from someone who was taking like 10 minutes to figure out the hot keys, while i helplessly watched BE tanks roll into our base.

anywys, my point being, BE was stacked, NF was full of tards, and it was still a two and a half hour game, mostly from indirect observation, because there were no bonified "rushers" on either team(besides myself i think, im sure im capable, if it hadnt been crossroads), never know how the shit will hit the fan, even though its still gonna hit the fan

5. Empty

Empty Member

because a tutorial can be done by any mapper here.