Why new players love the sniper rifle! THE TRUTH D:

Discussion in 'General' started by -Mayama-, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Empty

Empty Member

People who can use the awp have no life. Don't argue, you know it's true. IF you can do this
    http://www.vimeo.com/1763418
    You've got no life. Fullstop.

2. Avneet

Avneet Member

LOL are you serious? Because I have good hand I cordination I have no life? I guess you are one of the people who usually cry in servers because they themselves never tried to get good enough to use it and instead of trying to flash and kill me, you whine. Tell me I got no life =P

3. Muad'dib

Muad'dib Member

Yeah, about that.

I have played the game for a reasonably long time and have become attached to my dear sniper rifle, albeit it sucks in empires. I can select sniper, use accuracy instead of hide, run up to a cliff side or a building and wait in the most common place the enemy CV will run, and freaking snipe the enemy com in the f***'in head when he gets out. I run over, throw a stun on the CV and wait for my team to wall it in. F*** yea it is useful.

Another thing for all the whiners out there that complain about the lack of skill of the sniper, lets talk about the freaking newb engineers. If you make that the default class, all the new players will run around, building stupid mgs and mls where there shouldn't be, i.e. : blocking the vf, disrupting gameplay and pissing off senior players. I personally would rather have a stupid newb sniper sitting on our own rax, trying to shoot their own teamates, than a stupid engineer not reviving, healing, and building the right shit.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Empty, you do realise that counterstrike is the most popular internet game? (sans WOW). Don't tell people that because they play differently to you they have no life. I think you are little more than a troll now, you do NOT control empires.

You also need to stop anouncing that it's getting cut, no such fact has ever been stated. the official line is that it's being decided, in forums that neither you OR i can read.

5. Notorious

Notorious Member

uhhh, i think references to people having no life, actually mean that they have no life, meaning they traded life, to be good at the AWP in CS, i dont personally have a position on this, as i personally have a half-life, no pun intended, but people who player WoW all day, would be seen as having no life, cause theyre trading the time they could be using to socialize and develop skills that will help them fornicate and reproduce (i.e. having a life),

playing video games, doesnt count as a social activity, technically, lots of voice chatter in a game smooths out the edges in the reference, as does playing games with several other friends in the same room,

cause social contact requires, ahem, contactish type socializing, not macabre simulations of interaction

and remember, this isnt my personal stance, im just presenting an idea that isnt mine to counter yours. or present something original.

6. Empty

Empty Member

Such fact has been mentioned several times and the fact of the matter is, you're just pissy because you're losing your rifle.

7. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

8. Empty

Empty Member

Solokiller is like a fountain of leaks :P

9. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

Thats why i searched for his name :)

10. Avneet

Avneet Member

That still doesn't mean people like me will still fight to get a compromise before that change is done. We may be pissy we are losing our rifle just like you're pissy when you get killed by it and come complain about it =P

11. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

Read more posts. I very, very rarely get killed by sniper fire, and I am never pissy about it, only ever surprised.

12. Avneet

Avneet Member

LOL there is a difference between being pissy about the gun which I was arguing about, or pissy because the whole team is noobs. So I'm still not sure what you are talking about on the whole limit deal because in my other posts I already argued why a limit has no down sides =P

Going to the beach now so post later tonight. FRIDAY :D

13. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

No down sides? Are you sure? Sounds like youv'e really thought this through.

14. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I'm pretty sure the testers leak more than me, i just repeat what other devs state, aside from a few minor things.

15. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Unbenannt.JPG

filler..

16. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

17. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

mayama, that pic is made of win.