Where are the Shotguns?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by W0RK3R, Mar 23, 2013.

1. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Sure, or you could just reskin it. That is just some photoshop editing, right? Hell, even I could do that.

2. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I would support this, it would be basically the placement until the real thing was finished.

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Oh yeah, just like the hi definition building models, yeah.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I don't know what models you're talking about. Megel's was just a high poly and I don't think we ever received anything from Vess.

Just no. It's a total conversion mod, not a cut and paste job.

5. BigTeef

If you guys give me two years, I am going to attend some art classes on 3d modeling for games and stuff. Lets see everyone if everyone is still holding out until then.

6. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

So it would hurt your pride too much.

7. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

We're still all here now, we'll still be here then. Look at everyone's join dates here.

8. BigTeef

Its not something I can promise, I always wanted to do some computer graphics stuff for games because I have like a sheet of characters I wanted to create.

Trickster wont let me write for whatever the hell they are doing because I can't be trusted.

9. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

The less people in the loop, the tighter his control over the flow.

10. BigTeef

I am actually working for the Russians.

11. W0RK3R

W0RK3R Member

Just made NF Shotty SKetch, take a look, guys. :)

Attached Files:

12. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

lol i like how the filename says _Art at the end ...

13. REX

REX Member

Vess didnt have it rigged/animated. The last thing I remember was me offering for my brother to set it up. Its so long ago I dont remember what happened but I do remember loosing contact and never getting the files to even try doing it.

14. Trickster

Yeah, he was all like "YEAH I DID DIS SHOTGUN", but no-one ever actually saw the files to the best of my knowledge, just some screenshots.

I could tell the entire community what we're doing, and they could all form their own opinions on it. Opinions which I can still entirely ignore. So that's kind of a stupid thing to say, because it doesn't matter how many people are in the loop, I listen to whoever I want. I have a set of people that I talk to about dev things, both in and out of the dev team. These are people who's opinion I respect, who's opinion I actually feel carries weight.

You are not one of these people.

15. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

lol... :rolleyes: That comment was made due to a certain person who always points out your... um ways of doing things.

16. Trickster

Take your head out of his ass. Implying he has any knowledge whatsoever is laughable. I don't have a specific way of doing things either. I just decide the direction we're heading and try my best to get it done with the manpower we have. Any major decisions are reviewed between the coders and any other team members, until we come to a consensus. Unlike in the past, most of our current coders are/were actually good Empires players, which helps a lot, as they all have a good knowledge about the reality of the game, rather than some theoretical game that some previous developers had. Generally speaking, there are very few disagreements.

17. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

The only problem with your "we were all good players" thing is that creates a bias towards giving the pros what they want, which is kind of stupid. Also empires is not perfect so why are you designing towards what it already is? Design towards a theoretical game of empires that is better than what you start with, not towards the current realities of the game.

18. Trickster

It's not about designing it towards pros, it's about having a fundamental understanding of what the game is trying to achieve, and being able to properly compare it with what it's actually achieving. It allows a more rounded view of how to proceed. And honestly, we have to work with the realities of what we have, simply due to the limited manpower.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  19. Empty

Empty Member

for example trickster says 'empty make laggy particle'

and i make particle as laggy as possible

we do this to help the playerbase grow.

(and by all this I mean we all come to consensus together and make gameplay decisions after discussion between ourselves and regular players/vets)

20. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Despite all the sayings to the contrary, Trickster does actually discuss things with others on many decisions. The thing is that he discusses things with people who he knows to have much experience with how the game works on theoretical, realistic and/or coding levels. People who've seen features and elements come and go, who've played with thousands of unique players, who know how the game works to the tiniest detail, and who are more likely to think about how it effects both the game as a whole and individual parts instead of only a single aspect.

When a person makes bad suggestion after bad suggestion, or consistently demonstrate a lack of understanding about the game, it's no wonder that he'd be firmly set against anything they say.