Where are the Shotguns?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by W0RK3R, Mar 23, 2013.

1. W0RK3R

W0RK3R Member

I played previously older Empires Mod, and was quitely surprized that there is no elementary Shotguns. Shot Pistols are there, but not Shotguns. Will be Shotguns added in the next update? I hope will. :)
    As i said above, this game needs Shotguns. Put them as primary weapons for Engineer and Scout. W0RK3R, for Empires Mod. :)

2. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

oh shi-

3. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

All the shotguns are locked away in the attic of the NF barracks.

4. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Someday, a brave soul will mortar jump up there. Or a crack team of commandos will stack themselves on top of one another until someone can climb up to obtain this glorious goal. Either way, we'll get there. Don't give up hope!

5. Reznov

Reznov Member

Hmm... where did I see this before...

DAMN YOU FLY!

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

No Reznov, this guy doesn't separate his signature from the rest of his post.

7. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Worker, you're a poster here, meaning you're automatically more important than 99% of empires pubbers. But as you can tell from the posts above me, we've had a couple of people who use signatures come through, and they're all 40 year old dudes with god complexes.

Shotguns are coming in two patches, meaning about 27 years.

8. REX

REX Member

HA! wauw I came in thinking it would be an ironic complaint thread after not getting shotguns with the new update. Would be cool to see a compilation of all the models ever made for shotguns and a thread count.

9. RappemongO

RappemongO Member

Only two models I've seen trawling through the annals of this forum is Vessboys and Mayamas. You mean there has been more?

10. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

be useful

worker, make a model for a shotty, animate it, and bam, shotgun.

you are now caught up on everything that has happened here in the last 5 years

11. REX

REX Member

Yeah I remember vessboys and the other one, but I also remember a not very well made one in another short lived thread. Also that give scout a shotgun argument has been up quite often. With how butthurt people often are over the shotty pistol I imagine invisible creepers blasting you in one shot will get old real fast or underpowered and never used.

12. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

thats usually how shotties work in FPS. after release they are just awesome. a patch or two later the whining gets so unbearable devs nerf it to oblivion ...

13. REX

REX Member

Yeah its sad the game have been stuck in this balancing circlejerk mode for years when there are so many other aggravating things in the game.
    Screaming at comm to place refs and screaming at squad leaders who are oblivious and an endless list of other magic things that could be smoothed out a little.

14. flasche

though - i just had a nice round with the saiga12 in bf3 the other day ;)

15. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

We already have punch-upgrade ninjas. The shotgun would be nothing more than an extended range on the super-punching. We should give scouts the option to replace their pistol with a sword or spear instead.

16. flasche

inb4 that warhammer40k picture

17. REX

REX Member

hmm then the grenadier needs a chainsaw that also hurts vehicles because...... I dont scout and I also want new toys

18. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Revive grenades for engineers!~

19. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

We have the shotgun models, but no animations or whatever or textures. That's what we need, too bad we can't just complain and it will be here. If real life worked that way Empires would already be finished and the IP sold to Activision-Blizzard-Valve-EA-Paradox Interactive-Nintendo super corp for billions of dollars. You wouldn't even require the billions of dollars to have a good life. Grantithor, FOR EMPIRES MOD.

20. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Ok, here's a question: Do we really need custom models with all the work it takes to make them work? If the HL2 shotgun was used with some Empires-adjusted stat numbers, what would the harm be? This is a mod, right?