What's up with all the horrible plugins all of a sudden?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Aquillion, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Empty

Empty Member

Cyclopean > sex.
    Okay, not really. But it's up there.

2. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

It might be better if instead of just stealing it, they copy it

so yeah, if that radar is sabotaged, and you just researched heavy tanks, you're gonna be in a world of hurt, but at least you have your own heavy tanks, so you're not completely doomed

3. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

as for map rotation, skip map would probably be better than vote for which map comes up.

4. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Like I said, this thread isn't directed at you; I don't have anything against you fooling around and making silly things. It's when the only good-sized server decides to stuff every plugin they can get their hands on into play that I get annoyed, and that's not really your fault.

Even if you're not releasing them, servers-owners still use them and people still play there. Those are the people this thread is directed at... It's worth letting people know that there's a demand for more 'vanilla' servers, so they'll see that even if other servers are empty, they don't have to go to nachos, because if two or three people join a vanilla server then lots of others should quickly join them. And server-owners will know that they can attract players by putting 'vanilla' or whatever in their server name.

Now, RTV and skipmap-vote plugins would be ones I could enjoy. Although I'm guessing I shouldn't ask Theowningone to make them right now. :p

5. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

When we said stealing, didn't actually mean stealing it in that the enemy gets the research and you don't

Both teams get the research

6. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

then why are people complaining about it

its not THAT bad, so what if both teams get advanced chassis at the same time, you still need to research mechanical engineering and upgraded chassis first to use it

this plugin makes (a) scout useful

I may understand "but but, we control a large majority of the map, why should the other team get a chance" as a response, but really, its not gamebreaking (unless its on all the servers... but that means people like it, and is that really so bad? ok it can be bad [see ZM upgrade servers], but this isn't that bad)

7. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Because it's completely random. Suppose one team rushes Heavy Tanks before weapons and the other one gets weapons first (or mediums). If either team steals their opponent's crowning research, it will end the game, period, because they will have overwhelmingly superior tanks and a several-minute lead in research. There is no way to recover from a several minute gap in research (short of more research stealing, but that's just more randomness, and probably won't work now that they already have all their crowning research anyway.)

I do think losing teams should have a chance, but there are two things that should absolutely not be done to create that chance: It shouldn't be based on a random coinflip, and it shouldn't be based on what one person does. This combines both those things.

8. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

Why do you hate Empires?

Commanders are very important

9. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Lol

Anyways tech steal concept fails, plugin even more

And why do you hate Slaugh :S

10. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

Asinine comment right there. I always considered them one in the same. Whats different between the concept and the plugin?

11. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Yeah, but (while you can fail if your commander sucks), your commander can't singlehandedly turn the map around. In fact, comm rushing is being removed in the next version for just that reason -- things shouldn't be so dependent on what your comm does in the first few moments of the map, either.

12. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

no its not

I have very reliable sources that are telling me otherwise

13. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

But... it's already gone in the next version. The comm will be locked at the beginning of the map. Hence, no comm rushing. This is one of the changes that has gotten quite a lot of public discussion.

14. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

I stopped reading after Demented said this.
    Whats needed, is a Foxy plugin. Lets me be everywhere at once. :D

15. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Show the sources, bitch. :D

16. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

The commander will not be able to move for 60 seconds after map start, you can't rush.

17. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

Meh we had a meeting between nachos admins yesterday and stolen tech is getting a major revamp. You will now need to goto enemy radar and (to be decided) then type something in chat for everyone to see to begin stealing the tech, You must then cannon ball run beck to your base, stand in the radar and type a different command to complete the theft. We're still working bugs out of it. Not that i should tell any of you this because you are all just a bunch of flamers who can whine yet give no contructive feedback like the people at the meeting yesterday.

18. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

It seems like the only one that is flaming is you.
    These are all valid complaints, instead of threatening to ban them on a public forum, why not actually read what they're saying?

19. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

I guess i'm his better half, lol

This thread was actually why we brought up the idea and such, trust me getting owning to calm down is pretty fun and hard.

Thanks for the thread btw.

20. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Am I the only one who likes the tech stealing plugin? it brings life to the stale gameplay. it's nice to be able to have a different approach of playing once in a while,.