What??? no shooting ranges?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by meg griffin, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

The dutch just love lighting things up.

In regards to shooting shit up in the UK: get a crossbow, its perfectly legal and no license is needed.

Whether you tip the arrows with poison/explosives/barbs or not is up to you.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Yeah, it was almost surreal. Me and my mate were sat there doing shit that I just simply never see in the UK (even if there are accidents in Holland, they're still a fuck tonne smarter about it than the people over here). We brought most of the powerful stuff over the border from Belgium. Some guy had some even more powerful stuff brought over from Poland, so much so that it shattered a few windows. Fireworks are banned over there until the 29th of December, and then like 4am on the 1st of January, after that disaster with the illegal fireworks storage place levelling an entire town.

3. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

That is why you went there twice !!!
    Awesome!, I know where my next visit will be :)

4. communism

communism poof

oh how I hate my country

5. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Hunting is a bit more in the blood of Americans than some places though. Though not a necessity, it's a very very large and important part of the cultural.

6. RKB53

RKB53 Member

All police departments have a armed division incase of situations when they're needed.

That's mostly because in the UK we almost hunted everything to extinction. America is much larger, harder to wipe out species.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  7. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

last year built a spud launcher out of pvc pipes, some screws, and a large bbq lighter. Fueled with aerosol deodorant I could send the fuckers like 150-200 metres, it was kinda cool cause to load it was like loading a musket.

8. Trickster

You mean you copied Braniac?

9. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I have these really awesome colored markers. Sometimes when I'm real aggressive, I use the red and yellow to draw BIG FUCKING EXPLOSIONS. ALL OVER the fucking paper, like really filling that sucker with destruction and mayhem. All while I make exploding noises with my mouth.

So awesome.

10. Zeke

Zeke Banned

do you actually believe brainiac were the first to make a spud gun?

11. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

I'm unsure why I'm on this forum again (don't worry, I won't make it a normal thing) but I'm with you. Ranges are pretty damned safe, and harmless. But hey, I live in a state that is about to legalize suppressors for civie use and is a "shall issue" state as well...and once it's signed, I plan to buy a Surefire suppressor for my M14/M1A - anything to prevent hearing loss, reduce muzzle flash and help a little with recoil has my vote.

And you know what? I have zero problems with civies owning automatics - semi-auto is more accurate...so if people wanna fire inaccurately on full auto, well...whatever.

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

Ugh. You're the worst.

13. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

You should kill yourself.

14. Trickster

Firing ranges are safe, without a doubt. But you only need to look at the amount of gun crime and murders per 100,000 people to realise that civilians shouldn't own guns. If they want to buy one, keep it at the range, and get it out only for using there, then sure, that's fine to be honest. But even then, some people would inevitably get their rifle away from the range, and then slot some bastard with it. I enjoyed shooting when I used to do that with the RAF cadets, and I don't disagree that it's fun. But you should never be able to own guns that you can keep in your house.

15. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

It'll take a constitutional amendment the second amendment to disarm the citizens of the US.

Probably not going to happen any time soon. The NRA is the second largest special interest group in the US iirc, behind the old peoples one (aarp right?).

Ahwell. I wanna go to the shooting range now :(

16. [KM] The Corpse

[KM] The Corpse Member

Depends if you consider the average citizen as part of a 'militia', the rest of the world probably wouldn't but you Americans have a different view on everything.

Enjoy your stay Meg, but get used to old stuff. We got street lights older than the US.

17. FN198

FN198 Member

well the united states was the place where people who couldnt get along well in european society, not even in european prisons, went

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

true dat, its not a mistery some countries in that time considered colonisation a replacement of the death penalty for borderline offenders

ether the gallows, or the next ship to America to set up a new town

19. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

False.

Canadians have more guns per capita than US but their crime rate is lower. So its not related to the access to guns or not.

Source: http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-gunownership.htm

20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

america has less gun control laws (= the gun nuts can get guns without too much trouble

+

gun ownership does not influence crime rates, it does influence crime severity