What??? no shooting ranges?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by meg griffin, Apr 5, 2011.

1. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

You can't even buy an airsoft gun unless 50% of it is covered in a bright colour. But look on the bright side, less than 100 deaths per year from guncrime, and a lot of it is from farmer shotguns, so it's a tradeoff.

Only way you'll get on a range properly over here is if you're in the forces. I've used the SA80 full-auto on a range over here, but like I said, it was with the RAF. No chance of doing anything much more than an airgun outside of the forces. It's funny because when the Olympics show up, a few of the events are actually illegal here. Although I think they're making an exception for the events, I heard they weren't for the British teams actually training for them, so they had to go abroad or some shit.

3. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Can't necessarily agree, but it does take more guts to stab someone than to just shoot them.

I dunno. I like to shoot firearms, but I have very little faith in the amount of respect that those around me give firearms.

4. Trickster

I enjoyed being at the range too, but given the choice between having lots of ranges and more liberal gun laws, and the way it is now, I'd still take the way it is now. Our police don't even have guns, and they have no real issues.

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

but they got horses they ride into demonstrations. i was shocked when i saw that on video. also im quite sure ive seen cops with guns when i was in london ...

6. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

If I'm not mistaken it's a choice, and many choose not to.

Again, it's very easy to shoot someone. Not so much to actually physically attack them yourselves. Therein lies the problem.

7. Trickster

A few London police units have been armed after the 7/7 tube bombings, and they're mainly in and around the tubes, Houses of Parliament, etc. But that genuinely is pretty much the exception. And London is pretty different to the rest of the country to be honest. I almost felt like I was in a different country when I was in London, the entire environment is different. It's an incredibly localised place. And the student "protests" were a total fiasco. First the police got slammed for not doing enough, then doing too much, etc. It's not as if they ran anyone over with the horses, they did a job. Many other countries (Western Europe and the US included) have usually brought out the water cannons by that point, so I mean, a horse-charge is tame in comparison.

Also no, it's not choice. There is no choice in it, they're banned completely. Only specific armed officers get them for specific armed tasks, which are rare. Saying 1% of our police force is armed would probably be an overstatement, as it's more than likely even less than that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_use_of_firearms_in_the_United_Kingdom

8. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

well, i was in london like 10 years ago, so thats way before those bombings and yes most didnt, i figured they would be some sort of special cops ...
    and i do agree, using watercannons isnt very nice either.

damn but i keep argueing while i want to play emp - DAMN YOU FORUM!!!

9. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

I see what you did there.

10. Trickster

Fuck man, I thought no-one would notice that :(

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

guns are boringggg

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

over here in bacon land lots of people own guns and shit, just no one is a fucking retard here like in the states. Also people here own guns for the sake of shooting turkeys and deers and shit not for "self defense".

13. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

I just wanna shoot targets and flying saucers... I have no interest whatsoever of shooting any living thing. I think its an oxymoron because guns were initially designed to hurt other humans but i know a lot of people that just like the raw feeling of shooting.

I also like explosions too :D . I used to concoct my own mixtures when i was younger... I think i would be classified as some sort of terrorist if i had grown up in the US. I even made fireworks and rockets.

I felt bad when i first move to the US and saw the raw terror of everybody for trying even the simplest things like lighting up some sugar..

14. Haji with a handgun

Haji with a handgun Member

I lit a cup on fire in elementary school. They went batshit and called 911.

15. Trickster

In Holland we took apart fireworks and made our own more awesome one, even something that was basically a pipe bomb. Best part is, this was basically considered normal.

16. Trickster

In Holland we took apart fireworks and made our own more awesome one, even something that was basically a pipe bomb. Best part is, this was basically considered normal

17. Zeke

Zeke Banned

[​IMG]

18. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

Stop trolling Zeke... He actually went to Holland twice and made two pipe bombs...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  19. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

Dropped about 100g of metalic sodium and flushed it down the toilet... All the shit regurgitating from all the school toilets was not considered normal...

20. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Yeah they seem to have an obsession with fireworks and making their own bombs, I see youngsters with a heavy limp / scars / no hand(s) from time to time :(